• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVO Hires another IT Contractor, Another VP Quoted

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Okay... and the vendor has a great list of Florida based clients...other than this small firm I've read a little about recently..."AIG: The Strength To Be There". Fun! :crash:

And, orange juice!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
LOL, when I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought of nodge :clap: - just can't wait for the response!

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is too funny - I checked out ISM's web page and on their link of clients, the largest logo for a client is Tropicana's. Now we have combined 2 of Nodge's favorite topics - IT & Oranges! I think Starwood is trying to push him over the edge.:D

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not an IT person, but I think this contractor will help them manage their IT projects and perhaps other contractors. I do know that it's always a scary thing when you have contractors overseeing each other.

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/pre...ith-integrated-solutions-management-68958.php

Nodge, any comments?

My personal favorite line from the link is: “ISM's IT Governance services and solutions are designed to ensure that expectations for IT are met, performance is measured, resources are managed, and risks are mitigated.”

This is just the same thing that a lawn guy said to me when I almost hired him.

Me: “So, lawn guy. The last lawn guy I hired liked to randomly show up in the middle of outdoor family functions on the weekends and start blowing leaves around, which was noisy and usually resulted in our chip dip getting full of random debris. Would you be willing to give us a schedule of when you’ll be here ahead of time?”

Lawn Guy: “My job as your lawn guy will be to make sure your expectations are met, performance is measured, resources are managed, and risks are mitigated.”

Me: “So . . . is that a yes?”

Lawn Guy: “My extensive real world experience has allowed me to simplify, combine, and streamline these various tool sets into a single, practical framework focused on creating a successful lawn care business within a business.”

Me: “So . . . do you even have a lawn mower?”

Lawn Guy: “I’m thinking I’ll start a web page and put a picture of Mt. Rushmore on it, and maybe some different colored gears. Gears are nice. People like gears.”

Me: “What about the lawn mower?”

Lawn Guy: “Effective governance is a source of sustainable competitive advantage.”

Me: “OK, Thanks. I’ll have to get back to you.”

Lawn Guy: “Do you have a logo? I’m going to post it on my web page without your permission.”

I also like the new SVO VP Sighting: Jonathan Jowers, VP, IT Governance and Compliance, Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc. Technology Group.” I wonder if all that fits on one business card.

Excellent find.

-nodge

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "IT Governance" a fancy way to say "Preventing employees from stealing computers and/or surfing the web all day while at work?"

How many of you SVO corporate lurkers are reading this at work? If so, Johnathan Jowers, VP, IT Governance and Compliance, Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc. Technology Group is gunning for YOU with the help of a company that really likes Mt. Rushmore and colored gears. Watch Out or you'll apparently all go to Alcatraz! . . . or maybe be given a yacht (They're sending a mixed message with this one). -n

Last edited:

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
BINGO!!!!!! I just won Buzzword Bingo from reading nodge's post. Haven't had enough chances to play that recently. Guess I need to go to more IT conferences.

Last edited:

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to get all engineery on everyone but if you were to rotate the green gear one way or the other, guess what happens to the blue and orange gears? Is this really the message ISM is trying to convey?

Great Logo ISM!!!! I bet SVO missed this clue when it signed you up.

-nodge

Last edited: