• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVN membership fee

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I can't remember from my numerous owner updates what the cost is for the SVN membership fee if you own multiple weeks in mandatory resorts. I just bought a resale week. I know it is full price for the first week; isn't there a cost reduction for subsequent weeks? I couldn't find anything in the stickies regarding breakdown of SVN membership fees. TIA for the info.:wave:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
~39 for week two and free after a certain number of weeks.

As the primary week fee went up this year I imagine week 2 fees also went up.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
It's approximately $140 for the first week, $40 for the second week, and "free" thereafter.

It varies a couple of percent depending on in which state(s) the TS's are located.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have three units and they say for membership fee: 45.00, 39.00 and 0.00?! :ponder:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's approximately $140 for the first week, $40 for the second week, and "free" thereafter.

It varies a couple of percent depending on in which state(s) the TS's are located.

This is what I pay.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The SVN fees are stated in the footnotes on the budget statement that make up our MFs. The amounts are discussed in the MF thread. The SVN Fees are taxed for HI resorts.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the MF statements for my WKORV:

Club Dues include the SVN Membership Fee. The fee for single-week Owners is $145.83 ($140 SVN Fee + Hawaii tax). For multi-week Owners it is $192.71 ($185 SVN Fee + Hawaii tax). In addition, international (non-U.S.) Owners are charged $25 for the international Owner fee.

So, that's $140 for one unit or $185 for multiple units, plus Hawaii taxes if the unit is in Hawaii...

And Canada doesn't seem to be included in "non-U.S."

Last edited:

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Interesting... for owners of multiple weeks in Hawaii and on the mainland, it would be beneficial for their SVN memberships to be associated with non-Hawaii weeks to avoid the tax. My SVN fees are associated with the first 2 units I bought. I wonder if it is possible to associate the fees with different units after the fact.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting... for owners of multiple weeks in Hawaii and on the mainland, it would be beneficial for their SVN memberships to be associated with non-Hawaii weeks to avoid the tax. My SVN fees are associated with the first 2 units I bought. I wonder if it is possible to associate the fees with different units after the fact.

I told SVN what units I wanted my fees applied to. This was done after the fact when I realized I was being charged fees in more than two units. I don't own HI units, so I don't know if there is a way to avoid the tax by reallocating the fees to non HI units.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I told SVN what units I wanted my fees applied to. This was done after the fact when I realized I was being charged fees in more than two units. I don't own HI units, so I don't know if there is a way to avoid the tax by reallocating the fees to non HI units.

I've tried to have mine reassociated twice, but both times it's ended up staying/going back to the first two purchased...

I've heard rumors about the ability to do this might be directly related to the amount of NaCl in your makeup.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It is correct that the SVN fee is based on 1st two SVO VOIs purchased (if SVN fee is applicable). It cannot be changed - at least when I tried (but perhaps not salty enough...)

What is not being discussed is the the SVN fees (%-wise) continues to increase significantly w/o any approval, control or influence by those being charged this MANDATORY fee, and one cannot opt out (just not opt in for a SVN Voluntary VOI).

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
It is correct that the SVN fee is based on 1st two SVO VOIs purchased (if SVN fee is applicable). It cannot be changed - at least when I tried (but perhaps not salty enough...)

There must be a way to do it -- I'm sure they would figure out how to reassign the fee if I sold my 1st VOI!

What is not being discussed is the the SVN fees (%-wise) continues to increase significantly w/o any approval, control or influence by those being charged this MANDATORY fee, and one cannot opt out (just not opt in for a SVN Voluntary VOI).

Yes, it is frustrating that it increases just about every year and there's no real insight into what it is for. I fixed the problem by making it a smaller % of my annual MF commitment (read: bought more VOIs)! :D

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is frustrating that it increases just about every year and there's no real insight into what it is for.

Profit for SVO, of course.

Every company is loving the "extra fees for what is/used to be included or you can't figure out what it's for" concept (hotel resort fees, tons of different airline fees, additional banking fees in "unlimited" accounts, etc).

I fixed the problem by making it a smaller % of my annual MF commitment (read: bought more VOIs)! :D

It's round-off error.

My pet gripe right now, as the last of the MF bills arrive, is currency exchange fluctuations. In the last 5 years, our MFs (in USD) have gone up 14% (not too bad, ~3%/yr is "OK"), but bottom line for us is that they've gone up 48% :eek: (in CAD) over the same time period, which is just downright frightening at ~10%/yr...

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
My pet gripe right now, as the last of the MF bills arrive, is currency exchange fluctuations. In the last 5 years, our MFs (in USD) have gone up 14% (not too bad, ~3%/yr is "OK"), but bottom line for us is that they've gone up 48% :eek: (in CAD) over the same time period, which is just downright frightening at ~10%/yr...

That is horrifying. Not to mention the cost of flying to all those destinations...

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
My pet gripe right now, as the last of the MF bills arrive,

I haven't gotten either of my MF bills. I am not surprised with the WSJ since I just acquired it resale, but nothing from SVV. I keep checking MSC since so many have been discussing their MF bills. Mine just shows projected fees for next year, with $0.00 due, due date N/A. I have received nothing in the mail.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I haven't gotten either of my MF bills. I am not surprised with the WSJ since I just acquired it resale, but nothing from SVV. I keep checking MSC since so many have been discussing their MF bills. Mine just shows projected fees for next year, with $0.00 due, due date N/A. I have received nothing in the mail.

I think they will be arriving soon. I got an email this week reminding me I did not sign up for paperless billing. And they were getting ready to mail them.