• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVN Announces “Travelocity Partner Network”

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Continuing to step on Suzanne Clark’s (VP Owner Services) toes, Joel Pope (and I’m not making this title up) a “Sr. VP of Customer Experience and Resort Operations,” just emailed us an owner newsletter. In it he makes the following comment:

“Starwood Vacation Network will soon offer one-stop travel booking through Travelocity Partner Network(TM). In addition to making resort reservations online, you will be able to book airline tickets and rental cars at mystarcentral.com. Travelocity's Flight NavigatorSM technology will allow you to execute advanced searches, scan available airfares and seats, and compare travel dates, airlines, airports, car rental companies and much more.

With this comprehensive booking engine, making travel plans will be easier than ever before. Travelocity negotiates low-priced deals with the world's most reputable travel providers—hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines and other destination services—to ensure you have a wide variety of travel options to consider for your 2008 travel.”

So what are the chances that Joel’s comment about “making resort reservations online” refers to actually booking our SVN timeshares online? I’m too tired of SVN’s false promises to get excited here.

I’m guessing it’ll just be a link to Travelocity.com, and the “resort reservations” he’s referring to is just booking hotel rooms via Travelocity, which we can already do now just by logging into Travelocity’s web site.

Thoughts?

-nodge

Last edited:

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
i always thought that if we booked a starwood hotel with travelocity or its competitors we would not get our starpoint bonus. now that will be waived, since they will be partners.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I just noticed that there was not one word about it being a better deal or a discounted rate for owners...

Last edited:

formerhater

Reaction score
Only the added convenience of having to log on to mystarcentral to use travelocity features...

rocky

TUG Member
Reaction score
“Travelocity Partner Network” - yawn. yawn. yawn. It's like those "owners only" special purchases on mystarcentral for all that random stuff that costs 30% more than it would anywhere else on the internet.

Ummm SVO guys, how about you go fix the Starpoints valuations for your owners and put that in the next newsletter. This year's starpoint devaluation did all your owners wrong and it needs to be fixed. You know it. And I'm sure you've done your "annual review" of starpoint valuations and surely the data would indicate the owners are a) currently being ripped-off and that b) fixing this "benefit" is at the top of every one of your beloved owner's lists of things that need repair in SVO-land.

Last edited: