• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Surrendering my timeshares at Villa de Arco - Cabo

blessedlife

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantado, Villa de Arco, Grand Mayan, Marriott, Palm Springs
I have 3 units at Villa de Arco. I am being told that I can surrender my timeshares back to Resort.com (they were paid for long ago) for $996.00 each. I want out of the annual maintenance fees and never want to stay there - my experience with them has not been good. What should I be provided so that I know I am not responsible at all, a timeshare deedback? This seems too good to be true because I have been trying to get out of these for years. Is this new policy the result of new laws or have they changed their consumer courtesy policy? Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you.

BM243923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort-Weeks 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
Once you pay the $999.00 for each week you own, you will never here from them again.

Do not pay any upfront fees to anybody, it will be the biggest mistake you make.

Try and give your weeks for free here on Tug.

Others will chime in and give you the same advise.

I went to resort.com website and it was nothing to do with timeshares.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that all Mexican Timeshares are RTU (right to use). With that said, you really don’t own anything, and are paying for annual usage. With that said, just stop paying them and you should be done.

The post above this (post #2) indicates that the website could be very suspicious, so be VERY careful as to who or whom you are sending money to.

DON’T be scammed by anyone!

Last edited:

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
Sounds like a resort buyback scam NOT operated by the Villa group.

I surrendered two Cabo Villas contracts because they were raising the MF every year by the maximum allowed and also demanded several assessments (illegal in MX). I did this by contacting the Resort directly and talking to their VLO (their contract/legal manager). I paid them $100/contract so I did not pass their filth on to another owner as a give away. Cabo Villas charged $100 per contract as a processing fee (yeah right) but it was better than just not paying future MFs and them hounding you weekly for payment. Consider it like going to a dentist- some pain then pain free!

Other Cabo resorts have similar surrender programs for fully paid contracts that are current on their MFs. I'd suggest you call the CS group at VPD and ask about their surrender program and then speak directly to their VLO. If they say they have no such program then make him (usualy) a reasonable offer to surrender yours or let the collection calls and emails begin. Never pay an outside firm to do the same thing you can do yourself for a lot less- get rid of the middleman and know it's done right.

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Sorry...
Be careful of false and misleading information in this thread.

The name of the company involved is Resortcom. Their website is https://corporate.resortcom.com/
Members can click on the Member Logon button to access their account information.

They are a very reputable company. They are NOT a timeshare resale scam company.
They are a service provider to the timeshare industry focused on administrative support functions such as loan payments, maintenance fee payments, reservations and the like.
They provide these services to several timeshare companies including Universal Vacations Clubs/Universal Vacation Clubs International (UVC and UVCI) the timeshare side of the Villa Group resorts.
If you own a UVC/Villa Group timeshare you are using Resortcom every time you make a reservation or make a payment.

UVC/Villa Group do in fact allow a member to surrender their membership. The membership must be paid in full and all maintenance fees including the upcoming year must be paid. Thus, the original poster's payments of $996 for each membership represents the remaining maintenance fees due in order to surrender the membership. Details on surrendering memberships are located in the appropriate club bylaws. The bylaws used to be located on the UVC website and were available to the public. Due to the variety of current and legacy membership types that UVC/Villa Group have offered the bylaws are now located on the member's account information on the Resortcom website so the each member will view the bylaws appropriate to their membership type.

I have 3 units at Villa de Arco. I am being told that I can surrender my timeshares back to Resort.com (they were paid for long ago) for $996.00 each. I want out of the annual maintenance fees and never want to stay there - my experience with them has not been good. What should I be provided so that I know I am not responsible at all, a timeshare deedback? This seems too good to be true because I have been trying to get out of these for years. Is this new policy the result of new laws or have they changed their consumer courtesy policy? Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you.

Specifically to your questions:
- I do not know what type of documentation you will be provided. As noted above the memberships are a 'Right to Use' - You don't really own anything thus there is nothing to deed back.
- The surrender clauses in the bylaws have been there since I became a member in 2009. I have pointed this out and provided links in many threads on this message board over the past number of years. It is not new.

FWIW

Safe travels.

bbb

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Sounds like a resort buyback scam NOT operated by the Villa group.

Resortcom is legit. This company takes care of business matters for many resorts including UVC . I use this company for contract transfers , reservations, mf and other related documentation regarding my UVC contracts.

I thought that all Mexican Timeshares are RTU (right to use). With that said, you really don’t own anything, and are paying for annual usage. With that said, just stop paying them and you should be done.

This is correct except when the Mexican timeshare is bought and closed resale in the USA.
I have 3 units at Villa de Arco. I am being told that I can surrender my timeshares back to Resort.com

If these are winter one bedroom units in a gold or premier membership some one would want them. There are multiple places to get rid of these including Tug. I picked up a couple of premiere contracts last year. I think the transfer fee is $250.

Safe travels.

bbb

Hi Bob, how's it going ?

Bill

Last edited:

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Hi Bill...

Staying well.
Hoping we feel comfortable visiting Cabo in Feb!
And you guys?
bbb

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP has not returned to the thread. I’m interested in what they did. Villa Del Arco is a beautiful resort. Wow Bill you got a great deal.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Bill...

Staying well.
Hoping we feel comfortable visiting Cabo in Feb!
And you guys?
bbb

Doing great. Good to hear you are well. We have a large group heading to the Arco this winter. Many in their 20's and first timers to Cabo. I'm not too worried about the trip but I am worried about the kids wanting to party all night.

Our cousin and his wife have returned to Ajijjic where they have bought a house. They say things are good there. Not back to normal good but good enough.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The OP has not returned to the thread. I’m interested in what they did. Villa Del Arco is a beautiful resort. Wow Bill you got a great deal.

Yes I did. My thought was that the OP could place these on the Tug bargains and I know they would be gone quickly with no cost to the OP. Especially so with premiere contracts.

Bill

blessedlife

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantado, Villa de Arco, Grand Mayan, Marriott, Palm Springs
We ended up surrendering our 3 timeshares to Villa de Arco because we just wanted out - because our membership was for summer months, our units were not worth anything, and we wanted an immediate solution since our annual maintenance fees were a month away from being due - we just needed the comfort of knowing we had no more annual fee. We did receive documentation of our surrendering our membership, Villa de Arco is in a great location, but this management is a joke, we could never could rent our weeks, because Villa de Palmar offered their rental units at such a low fee online and then trying to get a reservation was at least a year, year and a half in advance. It was worth the money to us to cut ties because we are estate planning and didn't want our children to be bother with our foolish decision to be involved with a timeshare membership in Mexico - never, never again.
Best,
P.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We ended up surrendering our 3 timeshares to Villa de Arco because we just wanted out - because our membership was for summer months, our units were not worth anything, and we wanted an immediate solution since our annual maintenance fees were a month away from being due - we just needed the comfort of knowing we had no more annual fee. We did receive documentation of our surrendering our membership, Villa de Arco is in a great location, but this management is a joke, we could never could rent our weeks, because Villa de Palmar offered their rental units at such a low fee online and then trying to get a reservation was at least a year, year and a half in advance. It was worth the money to us to cut ties because we are estate planning and didn't want our children to be bother with our foolish decision to be involved with a timeshare membership in Mexico - never, never again.
Best,
P.

I think you made a great decision because of the summer month contracts and mf due next month. I totally agree with you on the Arco but I would add it is all of the Villa Resorts. Ever since the developers decide to go their own ways the original Villa Resorts have gone down hill. The debasing of the gold and premiere members in favor of new points members shows the developers could care less about the members , imo.

That said, I will have to admit I really enjoy my winters at these resorts.

Bill

Captain1985

Reaction score
Has anyone tried surrendering their Occidental membership? I want to get out but I am not sure how to do it.
Thanks.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone tried surrendering their Occidental membership? I want to get out but I am not sure how to do it.
Thanks.

Call them up and ask. Occidental Resorts is part of Barcelo Hotel Group based in Spain is hat I thought.

Bill