• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Super Bowl Pot Luck

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My husband makes a Potato Salad with Apples, Cucumbers and Peas. I like it but I am not sure how well it would go over at the SB party he is going to. In a way he doesn't care because he said he can just bring it home if no one there likes it.

Should he make it or should I help him make something more traditional- and if so what? He isn't from the US (but has lived here over 20 years). This is his grandmother's recipe.

• Love
Reactions: DrQ

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I vote for the. Potato Salad.

Richard

Reactions: DrQ

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Make the potato salad, but also bring a 12-pack of cold beer to wash it down.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good for him, now add some buffalo wings, pizzas, gumbo soup, chicken fingers, crab dip, some tequila, Hennessy and some cold beers . Oh please bring some H2O. LOL.

please bring some cups, silverware and napkins .

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please don't take that P-salad...Cuz he will definitely be bringing it home....Sounds nasty IMO... Most SB parties have a majority of guys...If I brought this to our SB party, I'd lose my Man Card...

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please don't take that P-salad...Cuz he will definitely be bringing it home....Sounds nasty IMO... Most SB parties have a majority of guys...If I brought this to our SB party, I'd lose my Man Card...
Yes. Stick with meatballs, wings, dips, nachos. And -- The Super Bowl is the most American of America. Bring American snacks.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggestion Only: To the OP, just go to Costco, BJ's, Kroger, Food Lions or a Wal-Mart Super Store and pick up a SB party tray. Plus, he can pick up some potato salad from all these supermarket stores. LOL.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where I go I bring what Iike. I do not eat cucumbers nor mayo so I would pass on that dish.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like it but I am not sure how well it would go over at the SB party he is going to.

Side point here and I'll start with a disclaimer: To each his own.

I do not like Super Bowl viewing parties. I prefer to watch the game where I can pause and rewind at my leisure and liking. As well, it gets a little annoying when you have fellow viewers who know little to nothing about football and are constantly asking questions.

Then, of course, there's the know-it-all viewer who voices his opinion and analysis of every play. :rolleyes:

geekette

Reaction score
Easy 7 layer dip for tortilla chips (has disappeared at every party I took it to). It's so easy, no measuring, just open containers and dump in. level each layer as much or as little as you want.

Use a clear container. Layers, in order, leave any out as desired:

1 - refried beans in the bottom
2 - taco meat - I brown ground beef with a taco seasoning packet but could be chicken strips with fajita seasoning or whatever seasoned meat (or tofu or popcorn shrimp or whatever); if it isn't ground, I'd cube it as small as feasible given time and motivation; this is the layer with the most flavor unless you pass that torch to the next layer. this should be already cooked and chilled before adding to this dish.
3- salsa or taco sauce, something tomato-based
4 - guacamole
5 - sour cream
6 - shredded cheese (usually sharp cheddar but whatever you like)
7 - green onions

If you leave out salsa, diced tomatoes on top of cheese, before the onions

This one is easy to make different each time by minor change up of ingredients. Because of the sour cream, if it isn't gone by half time, chill it for a bit.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I agree that it's probably a reach for a lot of people, but the operative word here is pot "luck". You don't always like what someone has brought but you never know until you try. I remember the first time I had that broccoli salad that has raisins and red onions in it. I looked awful but I took a bite and lo and behold, it's delicious. You could suggest that he brings some to the party but leave the rest at home. Bring some chips too and call it a day.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Our Top 10 Super Bowl Party Recipes Never Lose.

Richard

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP. I have a change of heart. Please bring your pot luck dish to the SB party and just see and observe how much your friends enjoys your dish?
Good Luck.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
My husband makes a Potato Salad with Apples, Cucumbers and Peas. I like it but I am not sure how well it would go over at the SB party he is going to. In a way he doesn't care because he said he can just bring it home if no one there likes it.

Should he make it or should I help him make something more traditional- and if so what? He isn't from the US (but has lived here over 20 years). This is his grandmother's recipe.

Would love to have the recipe for his potato salad -- would be perfect for the Puppy Bowl!

geekette

Reaction score
Would love to have the recipe for his potato salad -- would be perfect for the Puppy Bowl!
You might want to restate. Is this for a viewing experience or to feed your pet?

sorry, could not resist. I am one having trouble imaging liking this dish.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a change of pace and to make it memorable, there is always Iquana. :clap:

Iguana meat is high protein and low fat. It's well-suited for tacos, burritos, curries, soups, stews, gumbo and more, according to the University of Florida Institute of Food and
Agricultural Sciences. The meat is thick, so it's often boiled for long periods of time to soften it up. Some even say it can cure colds and increase sex drive.

"When it's cooked, it's almost a white meat, like you might see with chicken or grouper. It's a mild-flavored meat — milder than alligator,"

Iguana popcorn? It's real

A few years ago, one restaurant, Mio, even served iguana as stew, skewers and in "popcorn" form, much like a chicken nugget.

We had a stew with potatoes, and we ate the iguanas with white rice. It was delicious. We called it the iguana party. It’s good for you, and it’s tasty.”

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
You might want to restate. Is this for a viewing experience or to feed your pet?

sorry, could not resist. I am one having trouble imaging liking this dish.

In other words, no football to be found at our house. Potatoes, apples, cucumbers, peas -- what's not to like, unless it's seasoned with either cilantro or tarragon (neither of which I can abide).

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I would try it, be bold, go for it!

Recipe, recipe. Enquiring minds want to know.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
For a change of pace and to make it memorable, there is always Iquana. :clap:

Iguana meat is high protein and low fat. It's well-suited for tacos, burritos, curries, soups, stews, gumbo and more, according to the University of Florida Institute of Food and
Agricultural Sciences. The meat is thick, so it's often boiled for long periods of time to soften it up. Some even say it can cure colds and increase sex drive.

"When it's cooked, it's almost a white meat, like you might see with chicken or grouper. It's a mild-flavored meat — milder than alligator,"

Iguana popcorn? It's real

A few years ago, one restaurant, Mio, even served iguana as stew, skewers and in "popcorn" form, much like a chicken nugget.

We had a stew with potatoes, and we ate the iguanas with white rice. It was delicious. We called it the iguana party. It’s good for you, and it’s tasty.”

I always pass but they turn unwanted fruit into protein. I have helped to catch a few.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Sliders, chips and beer. I would pass on the potato salad with anything other than the usual recipe. One of our friends brought coslaw with raisins to a function. It kind of sucked, imo.

Bill