• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Super Bowl Commercials

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or was this year the sorriest collection of Super Bowl commercials in the last 40 years?

Remember the 1984 Apple Super Bowl commercial? Now THAT was an advertisement worthy of the Super Bowl. Or how about the Budweiser Clydesdales?

Where has all the creativity gone?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I agree, I was overall disappointed.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Is it just me, or was this year the sorriest collection of Super Bowl commercials in the last 40 years?

Remember the 1984 Apple Super Bowl commercial? Now THAT was an advertisement worthy of the Super Bowl. Or how about the Budweiser Clydesdales?

Where has all the creativity gone?
Yup. Except Groundhog Day with Bill Murray especially since today is groundhog day

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yup. Except Groundhog Day with Bill Murray especially since today is groundhog day
That was the best one for sure. Then the Alexa one. Otherwise nothing memorable.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
A
That was the best one for sure. Then the Alexa one. Otherwise nothing memorable.
Agreed. Alexa was good too. I didn’t get the tide commercial. As a matter of fact I immediately thought of percil from last year and then thought to myself....man that Percil commercial was good if I’m remembering this yeah lol

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Groundhog Day was creative and worthy of Super Bowl status.

All the rest get a thumbs down, imo.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked the one with Sam Elliot too. Aquaman was funny too. Nothing overly memorable though.

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
I'm one of those few people that actually pays close attention to commercials on a normal night. I think they're one of the most interesting and challenging things to write and produce. You've got just 60 seconds to get your point across and make it stick. I enjoyed the running gag for Tide and when is later. I laughed at the girl caught in the bathroom with the Charmin bear singing "My Heine's clean!" And, I loved the "Here's Dew!" takeoff on the horror flick.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Is it just me, or is this statement made every year after the Super Bowl?

Not joking, dead serious. It seems like every year all I hear right after the game is people complaining that the commercials were disappointing.

Kurt

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Google ad was the best one, IMHO. The rest were either t-errible or overwhelmingly meh.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Google ad was the best one, IMHO. The rest were either t-errible or overwhelmingly meh.
I honestly do not even remember the Google ad. It must have been lost in all the other milquetoast ads.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only one that caught the eye of everyone at our Super Bowl party was the Doritos commerical with Sam Elliott. It was good and quite funny. What, no Budweiser Clydes? Heard that they went witha commercial for their "seltzer" product because now folks are trying to cut back and be healthier. OMG does that ever make me feel old!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Missed all the Special Super Bowl Commercials as we watch the Super Bowl in Seven Mile Beach Tasmania. The Game started at 10:30am Monday.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Missed all the Special Super Bowl Commercials as we watch the Super Bowl in Seven Mile Beach Tasmania. The Game started at 10:30am Monday.
Tasmania Super Bowl broadcast does not have commercials?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Tasmania Super Bowl broadcast does not have commercials?
Yes but just regular Tasmania TV Commercials. Nothing special like in USA.

Brett

Reaction score

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Creativity is nearly extinct on Madison Ave as in Hollywood these days. Common sense as well. Why do both of them believe repackaging the same content equals creativity?

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
The only one that caught the eye of everyone at our Super Bowl party was the Doritos commerical with Sam Elliott. It was good and quite funny. What, no Budweiser Clydes? Heard that they went witha commercial for their "seltzer" product because now folks are trying to cut back and be healthier. OMG does that ever make me feel old!

The Super Bowl just isn't the same for me without a Budweiser Clydesdale ad. I miss them.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I liked the Reeses Take 5 ad, what were you born yesterday?

The crazy dance on Turbotax?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I honestly do not even remember the Google ad. It must have been lost in all the other milquetoast ads.

It was heartrending. One advertising writer said it was like the beginning of Up, only condensed.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Loved the Jeep commercial (aka Groundhog), the Aquaman commercial and the Doritos (can't go wrong featuring Sam Elliot's mustache!!) commercial. I also appreciated Tide's weaving their character and story throughout the entire SuperBowl event and beyond as well as Google's "Remember" ads.

Hated halftime. I thought J. Lo set women's causes back by 40 years. Ugh.
However ... there was a good bit on Katie, the first female coach in the Superbowl, to help balance things out a bit. Yeeeesh, I really hated J. Lo's portion of the halftime performance.