• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sunterra conversion opportunity, not an ad, not my listing

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
[This] is not my ad, it is not my eBay listing. I am posting this for the benefit of anyone interested in Club Sunterra as i always do.

WILLIAMSBURG VIRGINIA 4 BR Christmas WEEK Timeshare
Sunterra Resorts Greensprings Plantation, Paypal!! Item number: 4423652189

This is worth 18,000 SunOptions if converted. It has a retail value of $30-40K.
It is presently about $1K with a day to go. This is prime for conversion with only a 4cent MF/pt ratio, where current Trust sales have a 6-8cent ratio. Plus this is wk52 which gets you the wk53 in years where applicable, thus an average of 21,000 SunOptions per year, although you only get the 18,000 extra in the year that it occurs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
Giselherr said:
wouldn't there have been a significant cost to convert it to the sun options?
A flat fee of $2995 -or- take their offer of more SunOptions for $7000 and rescind the next day to get offered straight conversion at $1295. Even at $2995 conversion, this would be a good value for someone who wanted Club Sunterra as 15,000 SunOptions retails for $30,000+

Spence

Banned
Reaction score

EileenSRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Confused...yet again!

I own at Powhatan. I converted to points as a straight conversion thru Corporate for $1295. I pay $149 a year Club dues. I have 6000 points. At any time I can choose to stop paying the $149 and go back to trading with RCI. I would lose my Club membership.
So far so good.
Now, if I buy another Sunterra property, do I have to pay ANOTHER $1295 to have it in the Club as points? I can't just notify them to add it to my account since it's already established?

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
EileenSRN said:
I own at Powhatan. I converted to points as a straight conversion thru Corporate for $1295. I pay $149 a year Club dues. I have 6000 points. At any time I can choose to stop paying the $149 and go back to trading with RCI. I would lose my Club membership.
So far so good.
Now, if I buy another Sunterra property, do I have to pay ANOTHER $1295 to have it in the Club as points? I can't just notify them to add it to my account since it's already established?

Yes, but I think you'll find that Corporate will now charge you $2995.
No, unless you had some sort of agreement written in your first conversion, you can't just notify them.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Spence, are you still pro Sunterra ?

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
pedro47 said:
Spence, are you still pro Sunterra ?
I like Club Sunterra but that doesn't mean that there aren't certain things that I don't like or disagree with.

goodzik

Reaction score
Spence said:
This one

3BR 2 WEEKS CYPRESS POINTE ORLANDO FLORIDA TIMESHARE
20,000 ANNUAL POINTS, WOW Item number: 4428333646
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4428333646&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT&rd=1

is the first time I've seen the UDI accurately say it can only be used for the home resort (unless you pay to get it back into Club Sunterra)

It retails for $40K+.

What is UDI stand for? I am currently in the process of buying an HH Island Links with 8000 points. Do I need to joint Sunterra for a fee? How can I be assured the deed does not already have a membership?

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
goodzik said:
What is UDI stand for? I am currently in the process of buying an HH Island Links with 8000 points. Do I need to joint Sunterra for a fee? How can I be assured the deed does not already have a membership?
UDI is UnDivided Interest and is another way of splitting up a resort other than standard weeks.

My guess is that your HHI Links was once EPIC and is now part to the Club Sunterra Vacations Trust (CSV-1) and you would have access to the 19 resorts that are part of that Trust with your 8000 points and maybe II, but would have to pay a fee ($2995) to have access to the other 80ish Club Sunterra properties.

goodzik

Reaction score
Club Sunterra

Why is it so difficult to find out if the SunOptions points are in the club vacation program or part of club sunterra which would include your $2995 lifetime membership?
Is the annual fee necessary to keep up at all times?
What happens if I miss a year and I'm in the Club Sunterra program? Do I fork over another $2995?
This is worse than pulling your own tooth to get any info. I looked at their web site and not much there.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
goodzik said:
Why is it so difficult to find out if the SunOptions points are in the club vacation program or part of club sunterra which would include your $2995 lifetime membership?
It's not that difficult. Club benefits do not transfer with sale of deeded property. Looks like Trust benefits within 19 resorts does transfer with sale of a Trust property but you'd need to rejoin the Club at $2995 if you wanted full benefits.

goodzik said:
Is the annual fee necessary to keep up at all times?
Yes

goodzik said:
What happens if I miss a year and I'm in the Club Sunterra program? Do I fork over another $2995?
Yes

goodzik said:
This is worse than pulling your own tooth to get any info. I looked at their web site and not much there.
I think that they should put more info on their website, they have a new publication SunGlances in .pdf on the site with some condensed info but only if you are signed in as a member. Also think they should put the SunOptions Catalog out there for all to see.

Call 1-877 CLUBSUN with questions.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
Sunterra's Greensprings Plantation : Williamsburg, Va

SUNTERRA'S GREENSPRINGS PLANTATION : WILLIAMSBURG, VA
N / R : 19 RESORTS NO EXCHANGE FEES : 16,000 SUNOPTIONS Item number: 4432539406

Currently at $888 with a day to go, retails for $30-$40K, can be brought into full Club Sunterra for $2995.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
more 'opportunities' for Club Sunterra

Williamsburg LOCKOFF Red "July 4th" WEEK Timeshare Deed
Virginia - Lake View - Powhatan Plantation Item number: 4430466227
This Wk27 Unit 119 went for $3567 yesterday and would convert to 15,000 SunOptions retailing for $30K+

Williamsburg LOCKOFF Red "July 4th" WEEK Timeshare Deed
Virginia - Lake View - Powhatan Plantation Item number: 4433357440
It's 'sister' Wk26 Unit 119 is now up for bid with no reserve, 4days remaining.
Not an ad, not my eBay listing

MF's/pt for these are much lower than the Greensprings in the post above.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
There are always lots of Powhatans on eBay, but if you want to minimize the MF/pt for the outyears, you need to get weeks 26,27,47,51,52 as these yield maximum points for the same MF as any other week.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
Spence said:
I think that they should put more info on their website, they have a new publication SunGlances in .pdf on the site with some condensed info but only if you are signed in as a member. Also think they should put the SunOptions Catalog out there for all to see.
SunGlances in .pdf is available at
https://secure.sunterra.com/US/pdf/SunGlances_Guide.pdf
or members can find a spot to click on the members site.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
Williamsburg 3 Bedroom Red SUMMER Timeshare
Virginia - Powhatan Plantation, Paypal !! Item number: 4435739004

not an ad, not my listing.

This would only convert to 7000 SunOptions so it's not a great conversion opportunity, but with no bids and only $200 it's a big unit for a summer week. It says in the text that there's an $800 reserve but it wasn't set up as a reserve auction.

WENT FOR $1711

Last edited: