• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sunset Cove in Marco Island

hgvcowner9

Reaction score
I booked it for 7 nights in August 2017 and now am doing my homework to plan the vacation. The reason we chose it over other 2 properties is that they have 3 bedroom unit which suits our family size.
This is our first time in Marco Island and would like to get some ideas what to do. Most of time we will be just relaxing at the beach or pool, and my folks will be out for 2 days to Key West. We definitely want to check out Everglades national park. Where is the nearest entrance to the park? Anything else you can recommend to do? Btw, we have 2 toddlers if you have any good ideas for them.

Thanks all,

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a beach on the property, but a public beach ($8 parking) a couple of miles away. Everglades National Park, the nearby one is only to take boat trips into the ten thousand island area. the other entrances are farther away. toddlers won't enjoy an airboat ride so you would have to drive to Naples for activities.

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
The property also provides ride service to and from the beach at no charge

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
that is great, i wonder if they have a private beach or they bring you to South Marco Beach or Tigertail Beach. tigertail has a long walk to the actual beach.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
that is great, i wonder if they have a private beach or they bring you to South Marco Beach or Tigertail Beach. tigertail has a long walk to the actual beach.

I know they do take you to Tigertail (in a full size van), but it is all a public beach AFAIK.

Jim

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
No private beach on Marco.

It's not a long drive to Shark Valley from Marco. That is the actual Everglades National Park. You'll want to take the tram tour there. You can also go to Everglades City, but it's not in the park.

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there in July of 2014.

The park the shuttle drives you to is a long walk, most of it through a marshy area that can get quite deep, such as at least thigh to waist high. If you are carrying kids who are short and things to set up on the beach such as chairs, umbrellas, coolers, etc., I wasn't that happy with the situation. Later we drove and parked in a public area with beach access in front of the big hotels/condos and that beach was nicer and much closer.

The pool at the resort is fun but small. You have a view of the waterway and other buildings but still was enjoyable and the 3 bedrooms are very nicely appointed, very large. There is a grocery store nearly next door. They have an area behind the front desk where they have beach items to lend out, chairs etc.

We did one boating activity we really liked, it was a jet boat to see the manatees and dolphins (saw dolphins but no manatees) and they took us to a small island to collect shells. Our niece was 5 at the time and enjoyed all of that alot.

We liked the place a lot and made use of the 3 bedrooms, although we could've done with 2, so next time we will stay at the one of the other choices right on the beach.