• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sunrise (Park City) Rental - Help requested

jscboston

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sunrise (Park City UT), The District by Hilton Club (DC), HGVC Flamingo (Las Vegas, baby!)
I'm trying to rent out a 1-bedroom ski week that I reserved at Sunrise Lodge in Park City UT. The reservation is checking in for 7 nights on Saturday Jan 25th, which is during the Sundance Film Festival. This is a super-premium week, with very high hotel rates ($800+ for a studio hotel room on the mountain), and my week is listed for just over $300 per night. In my mind, anyway, that is a great deal! I posted ads on RedWeek and Tug months ago, and have heard nothing from either ad. If there are others that have had success renting out Sunrise ski weeks, I'd greatly appreciate any advice on where to list mine. Thanks in advance.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have rented Marriott weeks sometimes during the Sundance Film Festival and I usually do not get much interest till around Thanksgiving.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I have rented Marriott weeks sometimes during the Sundance Film Festival and I usually do not get much interest till around Thanksgiving.

Remember, people in the timeshare ownership & booking world like people on this Forum think 9 months to a year out for their vacations. People that rent places and hotels think much shorter periods ahead. I have know some that think that more than a month ahead is far out!! I just booked my May return flight from Kauai with Hawaiian Airlines yesterday. When I told my Brother that he said wow you do plan far out. I responded that I booked the timeshare that we will be staying at in July, this is late for me to book the airline.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
I recommend that we read the club rules and regulations for 2019, which is available as a pdf download from HGVC. My understanding is that page 14 has a section that forbids any commercial use of our weeks by members. That would mean that renting out a week at Sunrise or any other HGVC resort by a member would be violation of the rules. HGVC has a different set of rules and regulations than MVC.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I recommend that we read the club rules and regulations for 2019, which is available as a pdf download from HGVC. My understanding is that page 13 has a section that forbids any commercial use of our weeks by members. That would mean that renting out a week at Sunrise or any other HGVC resort by a member would be violation of the rules. HGVC has a different set of rules and regulations than MVC.

Directly from page 14 of the HGVC Club Rules:

The Club strictly forbids the use of the Club for commercial purposes or monetary or other consideration by Members or their guests including the use of a confirmed reservation in an Affiliated Resort for any rental, resale or other commercial use (other than an owner’s Home Week) including through the use of guest certificates .

An owner can rent out their Home Week. Since the OP has Sunrise listed as a resort owned, I assume they are trying to rent out their Home Week.

Gryphoak

Reaction score
I'm in the exact same boat. I bought 2 platinum deeds at Sunrise after talking to someone who owned a 4bdrm deed during Sundance and he bragged about how much people paid to rent that week from him. I do use it myself as I'm an avid skiier but haven't had luck renting out the 2nd studio on TUG yet. I wonder if we are allowed to advertise on VRBO or AirBNB? Even now, all hotels are listed above $600 a night and Sunrise is completely sold out for this week.