• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summit Watch, Park City UT - buying??

Anita&Michael

Reaction score
We have 'signed on the dotted line' for a Platinum week and have 5 days to "cool off". We visited PC last week and really like the place.

Please advise why all the resales we see are for c$27k but Marriott sells for $43k.

Do we lose anything by buying from a re-seller?

Please help us, we are new to this.

Thank you

Michael & Anita

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're able to convert to points buying from developer.. but typically thats not worth much to most people.

You'll likely be able to find a Platinum week at Summitt Watch for much less than $27K resale.

I would recind and make sure you send it certified mail.. ASAP

Is Summit Watch the place you'll spend most of your vacations? If not, there are many much cheaper alternatives.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anita&Michael said:
We have 'signed on the dotted line' for a Platinum week and have 5 days to "cool off". We visited PC last week and really like the place.

Please advise why all the resales we see are for c$27k but Marriott sells for $43k.

Thank you

Michael & Anita

Rescind ASAP. If that is where you want to own you will be able to get it for much cheaper than 27K.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Im not sold on buying Marriott from Marriott. I havent stayed in the Summit Watch but I have stayed in Mountainside several times. I live in Salt Lake so I pay attention to the Park City/Snowbird sales. Marriott, Westgate at the Canyons and Cliff Lodge in Snowbird are great resorts, I love 'em, all but I've seen them on ebay for alot less than what you have signed up for.

hipslo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't Marriott excercise ROFR at 18-20k for a platinum week at Summit Watch? I am told they typically do so below around 31k or so for a platinum week at Mountainside. Any truth to that, in TUG's experience?

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
hipslo said:
Wouldn't Marriott excercise ROFR at 18-20k for a platinum week at Summit Watch? I am told they typically do so below around 31k or so for a platinum week at Mountainside. Any truth to that, in TUG's experience?

Marriott doesnt have ROFR at Summit Watch

bmann

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Summit Watch Plat

Platinum prices have been steadly rising and now are almost equal to Mountainside. More skiers and tourist are chosing Summit Watch do to the proximity of restaurants and the fine shopping on Main Str. in Park City. The days of platinum weeks for 18-20 k are long gone. :(

brecod13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Barclay Towers Resort
Resales Summit

Marriott doesn't have ROFR on Summit Watch. But they have been calling owners since the 1st of this year offering them $25,100 for their Platinum weeks. So would be pretty hard to find for less on resale than at least $26,000 to make it worth while for the seller.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Michael and Anita,

The only difference between buying from Marriott directly vs. a private resale is a) much higher cost, b) possibly an incentive of extra reward points and c) the ability to exchange your week's usage for a set number of reward points (although you still have to pay your maintenance fee + tax, and a current $104 points "exchange" fee.

Other than that, there is no "penalty" for buying resale. Only you can determine if the $15k+ price difference is worth the sole benefit of being able to exchange for reward points.

-David

Anita&Michael said:

Thank you

Michael & Anita