• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG is starting a new contest that will award $50 to the best review submitted for the month!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $14,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $14 Million dollars
  • Please check out the review contest thread here vote for the best review and cast your vote for the best review for Feb 2020! winner gets a $50 gift card!
  • We have compiled all the individual CV threads into a single reference thread here for easy access as they are spread out all over the forum: Coronavirus Info
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summer Trip in Shambles

Talent312

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
First, Oberammergau postponed it's Passion Play to 2022.
Then, our tour operator for a week in Switzerland cancelled.
We're left with tickets on Delta (6/12-7/5) - fees not yet waived.

I guess we could cobble something together, if we're allowed to go.
They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.... but it won't be easy.

Last edited:

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
We have scheduled a trip to Europe almost a year in advance. Or plan is to fly into Rome and spend five days at the Hilton Rome Cavalie. Then we embark on a nine day Greek Island Cruise. United Airlines, Hilton, and Royal Caribbean have posted their policies regarding the Corona virus epidemic. They have all advised me to wait and see what happens. This may all be over by August. If not, we should be able to reschedule, obtain a refund, o a credit towards future trips. I had to cancel a trip to San Antonio this week due to Covid-19. Hilton Honors gave me back all my points immediately.

We gave a trip scheduled for late May to the Palm Beaches in Florida. United would have given me a complete refund if the flight were prior to April 20, 2020. Since the flight will be in May, I was advised to wait and see what happens. Interval International has been much more difficult to deal with. The trip insurance does no cover cancellations due to epidemics according to the website. However, I also purchased Esure, so we can retrade up to three times if needed.

Eureka Springs, Arkansa, has an excellent passion play. Unfortunately, we did not have time to see it because we were. Only there a few hours as a side trip from Branson.

Last edited:

nerodog

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
First, Oberammergau postponed it's Passion Play to 2022.
Then, our tour operator for a week in Switzerland cancelled.
We're left with tickets on Delta (6/12-7/5) - fees not yet waived.

I guess we could cobble something together, if we're allowed to go.
They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.... but it won't be easy.
Come to Portugal...Lisbon is a great city and lots if places to visit nearby. Lots of timeshare in Algarve !

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Come to Portugal...Lisbon is a great city and lots if places to visit nearby. Lots of timeshare in Algarve !
Our 8/23 cruise is scheduled for a port stop in Lisbon. I've booked a private tour to Sintra that day, since my DH & I have previously visited the city in addition to a wonderful timeshare week at Four Seasons Vilamoura in the Algarve. Doubt that the cruise will be a go. As Talent312 has posted, perhaps we can cobble something together out of our flights booked to CPH to start the cruise, an EasyJet flight from cruise end out of BCN to Bordeaux (could forgo that flight as cost was negligible) and our return home from CDG after a week at Royal Regency.

Barb

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-AKV, HHI, Waterside By Spinnaker
we're canceling 9/1 trip with 4 sets of friends to Italy. Booked on FF miles. Will keep tickets for now. Hoping AA waives redeposit fee. Friends were about to book $$$ tickets to join us. Luckily, they held off. good luck. I bet Delta will extend fee waivers.