• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summer Place - Bethany Beach DE help

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
Can anyone give me recent information about Summer Place. Just held week for my daughter and her husband and three young children. Looks like it is 3 stories but reviews are very old - anyone been there recently? Any information or suggestions appreciated.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are more recent reviews on TripAdvisor. We're supposed to go there in summer 2021. Hope it's nice!

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's a place called the Summer Place Hotel in Rehoboth Beach that gets terrible reviews. I think that is a different place. I hope it is, anyway!

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
Yes, this is summer place in Bethany I think it's different just not a lot of info on it when I google was hoping an owner or recent guest might be on tug

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
These are multi-story units, yes. The 1BRs are two level (bedroom on upper level), and believe the 2BR and 3BR are three level. Has been several years since I've been there. Some units have been renovated, but over a multi-year period of time and would depend on the specific unit number. My impression is the 2BR and 3BR units by and large are probably more likely to be in better condition. There are a couple videos of recent renovations at their website:

I will say the kitchens in the videos look a lot better than when I was last in my unit (I own a week in unit #3 which is a 1BR).

gjhardt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch
Just for others information - my daughter and her family are there now and said the unit was pretty dirty and couch and bedding stained. She had to vacuum and wash bedding and went out and got some blankets to cover couch etc. She said location was fine and at the price we paid it will be okay to enjoy beach. But a clean resort is VERY important to me so wanted to let others know.