• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Summer activities at Smuggs?

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a June stay at Smuggs booked, and the website is very unclear on what activities are, or are not, available to Wyndham owners at no cost.

Can anyone tell me if:
  • There is a fee for the various waterparks?
  • If the waterparks are free, are they free for length of stay?
  • Is there a fee for zip-lining?
  • Any other fees we should know about?
Thanks!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you are a wyndham points owner staying with points booked from your account the water parks are included for everyone in your unit for the length of your stay. Zip line is not included.

You get a Smuggs pass. Things not included in the pass would not be included.

As a CLUB WYNDHAM owner reserving your Smugglers' home through the Wyndham reservation system using your own points, you will receive a complimentary, non-transferable SmuggsPass gaining you access to Smugglers’ programs and facilities as well as a number of discounts. See below for more details. Guests using your CLUB WYNDHAM points may access Smugglers' programs and facilities under the same terms and conditions as the general public.

Summer
The SmuggsPass entitles everyone staying in your home access to the following activities* and facilities, plus great discounts on our award-winning children's programs and shopping! These activities and facilities are available June 10 - September 5, 2016.
Unlimited Use of 8 Heated Pools & 4 Waterslides:
Mountainside Water Park including the Giant Rapid River Ride, Turtleslide and Little Smugglers’ Lagoon
Notchville Park with the Twister Waterslide, Lily Pad Walk, and Splashville Splash Pad
Courtside Pool with the Flume Waterslide and 2 hot tubs
Rum Runners’ Hideaway, home to our 25-foot Aqua Jump
Bootleggers' Basin, home of the Zume Flume waterslide
Unlimited Use of the FunZone Family Entertainment Center: featuring the crawl-through Train Express, a Giant Double Lane Slide, 45-foot giant obstacle course, the Smuggs Bouncy House, Little Pirate Ship, and a two-person fidget ladder. Other activities under cover are miniature golf, shuffleboard, and an arcade.

PLUS:
Stretch & Go 1, 2, & 3, Smuggsational Family Social, Sterling Pond Hike, Marko’s Magic Show, Woodland Mini-Golf, Birds and Bloomers Walk, Family Splashdown, Aqua Aerobics, Bootleggers’ Basin Wike, Bonfire Sing-along, Forest Heritage Wike, Entertainment with Goodtime Charlie, The Clubhouse, Family Ties — I-Did-A-Cart, Woodland Wildlife Nature Wike, Bigger is Better, Watermelon Walk, Aqua-Volleyball, Nature Center, Outer Limits, Teen Alley, Teen Dodgeball Tourney, Liquid Courage Karaoke, Bingo Blast, Elmore Mountain Hike, Mount Mansfield Hike, Bears and Berries Wike, Adult Volleyball, Friendly Pirate's Rain Gutter Regatta, High Peak Tour, River Walk, Prospect Rock Family Hike, Family Pedal Go Cart Race, Family Karaoke, Family Movie on the Green, Vermont Country Fair, Family Foosball, Live Band Jam, All Walks, Wikes & Hikes, Awesome Arts and Crafts, and more! Discounts:

10% off the daily childcare rate at TREASURES.
15% off the purchase of non-sale items at 3 Mountain Outfitters.
30% discount off our Discovery Dynamos, Trail Blazers, Adventure Rangers, Notch Squad, and Mountain Explorer Camp Programs.

All of these activities, facilities and discounts are available to your entire party during your RCI stay at Smugglers' with the purchase of a SmuggsPass.

Get the best value from your vacation at America's Family Resort by registering for these programs and discounts prior to your arrival. These programs and fees are subject to change.

*Fee based activities such as Massage sessions, Artists in the Mountains, Zip Line Canopy Tours, Water & Wine Trip are additional and are not covered by the SmuggsPass.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I just changed this morning from a 2 BR to a 3 BR Presidential because we will probably have 3 guests as well as our family of three.

The way I read that, all 6 of us will be covered by the Smuggs Pass because we're in the same unit. Is that correct?

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Thanks. I just changed this morning from a 2 BR to a 3 BR Presidential because we will probably have 3 guests as well as our family of three.

The way I read that, all 6 of us will be covered by the Smuggs Pass because we're in the same unit. Is that correct?

Yes. I believe that is correct. The OWLS units are super nice. Enjoy!

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just be aware that the daytime activities that are not free are outrageously priced.

During the day, there are some free activities, but not many other than hikes and some arts and crafts.

They do however have various evening activites that are free or reasonable.

Also, please be aware that unless you want to eat onsite or cook in your unit, there are minimal place to dine without a long ride over the notch.

Joe

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just be aware that the daytime activities that are not free are outrageously priced.
Not a problem. Our daughters are competitive figure skaters, so no matter what they charge, it will pale in comparison!
During the day, there are some free activities, but not many other than hikes and some arts and crafts.
Both are good for us, and the girls will probably also do some workouts in the gym.
Also, please be aware that unless you want to eat onsite or cook in your unit, there are minimal place to dine without a long ride over the notch.
Thanks, Joe; that's good to know and we'll plan accordingly.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

They do however have various evening activites that are free or reasonable.

Joe

The ride is not that bad through the notch in terms of time to get to Stowe. You're on vacation! 25 minutes tops and you're there and lots of good restaurants to choose from.

But even if you stay on the Smuggs side- you have the 2 resort restaurants, "158 Main" in Jeffersonville is a favorite; Jeffersonville Pizza (part of 158 Main); Family Table in Jeffersonville. And- actually Brewster Pub right next to the entrance of the resort is supposed to be excellent, even though it is a pub, families are welcome. The shuttle will even take you to that one. So no issues with nearby places to eat.

The fee based activities are expensive and you can probably do some of them on your own anyway. The guided hikes included are really good. I have done them all in the past when I was younger.

Last edited:

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
The ride is not that bad through the notch in terms of time to get to Stowe. You're on vacation! 25 minutes tops and you're there and lots of good restaurants to choose from.

But even if you stay on the Smuggs side- you have the 2 resort restaurants, "158 Main" in Jeffersonville is a favorite; Jeffersonville Pizza (part of 158 Main); Family Table in Jeffersonville. And- actually Brewster Pub right next to the entrance of the resort is supposed to be excellent, even though it is a pub, families are welcome. The shuttle will even take you to that one. So no issues with nearby places to eat.

The fee based activities are expensive and you can probably do some of them on your own anyway. The guided hikes included are really good. I have done them all in the past when I was younger.

We actually ate at Brewsters Pub and The Family Restaurant. I cant remember if we liked them or not.

Joe

Seadawg

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Smugss...

If you are a biker, ride the Notch....

And Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream factory is about 10 mins from there... fun tour...