• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sumday Vacations?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So - still a mystery:ponder:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They are also not transferring any unsold units to viking ships.

If the name remains in the original owners name, no reason for a Viking Ship. I would imagine after a year or so they would need to transfer it to something and while maybe not the direct Viking ship it's got to be something. Even the really terrible mid atlantic beach winter weeks never sit online for more than 8 months and I know they aren't finding an individual buyer even at $29 all transfer fees paid.

I believe they work with at least one or more pay $x.xx and we will transfer it out of your name. Perhaps that company pays Sumday a marketing fee. So Sumday is never the owner on record.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the name remains in the original owners name, no reason for a Viking Ship. I would imagine after a year or so they would need to transfer it to something and while maybe not the direct Viking ship it's got to be something. Even the really terrible mid atlantic beach winter weeks never sit online for more than 8 months and I know they aren't finding an individual buyer even at $29 all transfer fees paid.

I believe they work with at least one or more pay $x.xx and we will transfer it out of your name. Perhaps that company pays Sumday a marketing fee. So Sumday is never the owner on record.

If it goes unsold for x amount of time I think it get's kicked back to whatever company it came from. In other words, the original owner still owns it. Sumday may not get paid unless they move the unit, not sure.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you can assume this. What else would they be doing with them?

It's not an assumption. It's a fact. Sumday is not a timeshare disposal company. They are a transfer company. They do not take ownership. They are not a typical "PCC" type company. They may have contracts or agreements with these types of companies but they have zero motive to be directly connected with a viking ship, which is a fraud operation.

If anything they save some units from eventually ending up in a viking ship or foreclosure.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it goes unsold for x amount of time I think it get's kicked back to whatever company it came from.

The only problem I see in that logic is why would a company (that collects these timeshares) - pay another company to sell them? Why wouldn't they sell them themselves?

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
WHEW...glad I'm not the only one!

I thought maybe I was missing something. Guess not! The bottom line is that I really don't care unless something goes awry. But the manager at our resort said that the only dealing she'd had with these folks was on the selling end. One of the owners went to a meeting at another resort, was told that they could "trade" their week for a new one, and then the week was in limbo. The owner thought they'd sold it, and so didn't pay MF's....but they hadn't sold it. The week ended up being foreclosed upon, which of course is not good for the resort. Like I said, my resort is small enough to feel like family, we've owned there quite awhile, and I don't want to do anything that would be harmful to them. Hence my questions!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The deed that the previous owner had in my situation showed that he purchased the timeshare from a couple (from Maine) for $500 only last year! Interestingly, he lives in California in National City on the border of Tijuana- so a single man- with a Spanish name- purchased this fixed week timeshare in New Hampshire only a year ago and it ended up in the hands of Timeshare Equity Services (offices in mexico and Canada) and Timeshare Nation (which says that many of these timeshares they have for free were traded in in Mexico)and eventually transferred to me. In my case, the resort sales division- which is InnSeason- worked with Duncan Realty in Florida- to make the transfer happen. The InnSeason rep. there told me she never heard of Timeshare Nation, but they had their procedures that they follow to make sure no Viking Ships are involved. They (along with Duncan)also corresponded directly with the previous owner, but I never saw any paper work signed by him. Even the original deed was signed by the owners prior to the previous owner, but not him. I saw the paperwork he was to sign- like the Quit Claim Deed - but not with his actual signature on it. And- considering he lives in California and the resort supposedly requires originals- they received the paperwork form him awfully fast...That said- I am a very happy camper- but it still all seemed a little strange...VRI- which is the management company for InnSeason- then put me into their system as owner, etc. They sent me the original "Certificate of Beneficial Interval Ownership-Pollard Brook Condominuim Interval Ownership Trust" NOT an Interval Ownership Warranty Deed like the previous owner had.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
But I also think some of these resorts- if they approve the owners- like InnSeason did with me and my husband- (I had rented before from an InnSeason executive at the resort and they also know we own at Smuggs and they probably did a credit check- I think they will allow the transfer to happen so they can get an owner in there to pay the maintenance fees.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Deleted duplicate post

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I thought maybe I was missing something. Guess not! The bottom line is that I really don't care unless something goes awry. But the manager at our resort said that the only dealing she'd had with these folks was on the selling end. One of the owners went to a meeting at another resort, was told that they could "trade" their week for a new one, and then the week was in limbo. The owner thought they'd sold it, and so didn't pay MF's....but they hadn't sold it. The week ended up being foreclosed upon, which of course is not good for the resort. Like I said, my resort is small enough to feel like family, we've owned there quite awhile, and I don't want to do anything that would be harmful to them. Hence my questions!

I think you will be fine. As long as it transfers over legally and you keep on top of it it will be ok. You are already an owner there, they know you and you can communicate directly with the resort during the whole process. I am actually excited for you as I know how much you like it there and we have the NH timeshare thing in common so I am following your experience closely.

But I, too, would sure like to know how it all exactly works behind the scenes just for "ha, ha's".:)

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sumday is great!

I have used them previously and would not hesitate to use them again if I wanted to purchase anything else.

I can only say good things about my experience with them. They were professional, communication was fantastic, and turnaround time was super fast.

My timeshare purchase was completed and available for me to use very quickly. They used electronic filing and sent over everything to the resort for transfer very quickly too.

I hope your experience with them will be just as wonderful!

Congratulations!

Cynthia T. :)

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only problem I see in that logic is why would a company (that collects these timeshares) - pay another company to sell them? Why wouldn't they sell them themselves?

Because getting rid of the timeshare is the hard part and Sumday is very, very good at it. Anyone can convince someone to get rid of their timeshare. Actually doing it is more difficult.

Sunday does get some inventory from timeshares that are traded in. Maybe even most of their inventory. In a sales presentation a prospective buyer will be lured to buy under the condition that they can sell their existing timeshare for x. The new deal provides plenty of room to offload the trade in for less than zero. Sumday wouldn't be connected to the deal. They are just the service used to move the traded in timeshare. The sales operation doesn't care about trying to sell a $30 timeshare. They are too busy making deals for $10k-$20k.

There aren't many legal and reputable mass sellers out there. Sumday provides a very needed service.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Because getting rid of the timeshare is the hard part and Sumday is very, very good at it. Anyone can convince someone to get rid of their timeshare. Actually doing it is more difficult.

Sunday does get some inventory from timeshares that are traded in. Maybe even most of their inventory. In a sales presentation a prospective buyer will be lured to buy under the condition that they can sell their existing timeshare for x. The new deal provides plenty of room to offload the trade in for less than zero. Sumday wouldn't be connected to the deal. They are just the service used to move the traded in timeshare. The sales operation doesn't care about trying to sell a $30 timeshare. They are too busy making deals for $10k-$20k.

There aren't many legal and reputable mass sellers out there. Sumday provides a very needed service.[/QUOTE

So the resorts that obtained the trade in pay Sumday a commission to sell them? Sumday is good at what? Listing them on a website?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the resorts that obtained the trade in pay Sumday a commission to sell them? Sumday is good at what? Listing them on a website?

Sumday doesn't sell the timeshare and they are not a listing service. They are a full service broker and transfer company. It is a very big operation. http://sumdayvacations.com/timeshare-transfer/about-us-2/

I wouldn't know the nature of how they get paid but I would guess it's a fixed fee. The legal seller is the current owner, not Sumday and not the company that took the trade-in.

Transferring a timeshare involves more than listing on a website. It's easy for an owner to do if they know what to do but for a large operation it takes alot of coordination. They could have hundreds of transfers happening at once. That's why they have so many employees and that may not even include all the employees at the closing company.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Sumday doesn't sell the timeshare and they are not a listing service. They are a full service broker and transfer company. It is a very big operation. http://sumdayvacations.com/timeshare-transfer/about-us-2/

I wouldn't know the nature of how they get paid but I would guess it's a fixed fee. The legal seller is the current owner, not Sumday and not the company that took the trade-in.

Transferring a timeshare involves more than listing on a website. It's easy for an owner to do if they know what to do but for a large operation it takes alot of coordination. They could have hundreds of transfers happening at once. That's why they have so many employees and that may not even include all the employees at the closing company.

Well, I know that but it looks like they are "selling" to me. Otherwise their website would be a lot different. It lists timeshares for sale and you can put them in your cart.

In my case which the acquisition was through Time Share Nation - not Sumday- Timeshare Nation advertises the timeshares and you sign the Purchase Agreement and THEN it goes to a broker/transfer co. (in my case, this was Duncan Realty). Timeshare Nation supposedly gets the timeshares from Time Share Equity service ( a trade-in co) which gets them from a resort that took the timeshare in a trade-in. Yikes!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I know that but it looks like they are "selling" to me. Otherwise their website would be a lot different. It lists timeshares for sale and you can put them in your cart.

In my case which the acquisition was through Time Share Nation - not Sumday- Timeshare Nation advertises the timeshares and you sign the Purchase Agreement and THEN it goes to a broker/transfer co. (in my case, this was Duncan Realty). Timeshare Nation supposedly gets the timeshares from Time Share Equity service ( a trade-in co) which gets them from a resort that took the timeshare in a trade-in. Yikes!

It may appear that they are selling but since most of these are for real property there is no binding sale until the purchase agreement occurs. When that purchase agreement comes it will have the actual selling party on it. If you change your mind and decline the purchase agreement then Sumday is going to refund your money. Think of the store front and check-out system as a very convenient and automated way to say, "I want that timeshare". The prepayment has to occur for the sake of efficiency because otherwise over half the people that select a timeshare and check-out will actually say, "I didn't really want that timeshare".

Timeshare trade-ins are a mess of confusion, but at least they aren't ending up in a viking ship, or at least not the ones that Sumday can successfully move.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So, I know I can be dense, but are you saying an individual owner is paying Sumday to market the timeshare or is the trade-in company paying? I would assume the trade-in company pays them to get rid of it. The trade in company made more money than they need on the new sale anyway..... Am I understanding this correctly?

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I know I can be dense, but are you saying an individual owner is paying Sumday to market the timeshare or is the trade-in company paying? I would assume the trade-in company pays them to get rid of it. The trade in company made their more money than they need on the new sale anyway..... Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes, I think the latter. The trade-in company is paying them. Would Sumday take a current owner's money and market their timeshare? Probably, but they don't advertise it as a service. I know of at least one BBB report where a seller stated that they paid Sumday to get rid of their timeshare.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
NOT HAPPY with SUMDAY ...

I brought and paid via the WEB site for a week. I was looking thru and saw something that I knew was nice, but the very next ad was a GREAT unit. I checked with the resort to be sure it matched up to the other weeks I own there.

And I got back and immediately pay for MY week! And the website takes the ad down ... it is SOLD to me.

I get the welcome email and the welcome paperwork is processing.

Great .. now days later and 5 minutes before they close for the weekend ... email ... so sorry, we made a mistake, your week is NOT AVAILABLE but you can have the less unit!

I call in and my agent is on the phone... I tell the receptionist, I need to talk to her and will call back in 3 minutes.

Now I get VOICE MAIL as the office is closed for the Weekend... email her 3 times and last email, said I was posting to TUG!

Let me see. ... YOU pay the website and unit gets taken off.

Now there is a problem and they want me to accept the LESSER UNIT but the lesser still available on the WEBSITE ... really GOOD PLAN ....

Someone else going to pay and get shafted OR am I doing to get shafted a 2nd time?

Come on .. who is controlling the inventory??? The fancy online buying system or individuals who allow the computer to sell one thing and days later, they try to swap it for a less item???

I am unhappy ... I brought it and you all had several days to uncover the find an problem ... NOW I have a problem and it is the WEEKEND ...???

So, I have posted on TUG ... and after the weekend this is psot can't get edited ...

I want the unit advertised and that was the one I paid for DAYS AGO......simply, no bait and switch.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I brought and paid via the WEB site for a week. I was looking thru and saw something that I knew was nice, but the very next ad was a GREAT unit. I checked with the resort to be sure it matched up to the other weeks I own there.

And I got back and immediately pay for MY week! And the website takes the ad down ... it is SOLD to me.

I get the welcome email and the welcome paperwork is processing.

Great .. now days later and 5 minutes before they close for the weekend ... email ... so sorry, we made a mistake, your week is NOT AVAILABLE but you can have the less unit!

I call in and my agent is on the phone... I tell the receptionist, I need to talk to her and will call back in 3 minutes.

Now I get VOICE MAIL as the office is closed for the Weekend... email her 3 times and last email, said I was posting to TUG!

Let me see. ... YOU pay the website and unit gets taken off.

Now there is a problem and they want me to accept the LESSER UNIT but the lesser still available on the WEBSITE ... really GOOD PLAN ....

Someone else going to pay and get shafted OR am I doing to get shafted a 2nd time?

Come on .. who is controlling the inventory??? The fancy online buying system or individuals who allow the computer to sell one thing and days later, they try to swap it for a less item???

I am unhappy ... I brought it and you all had several days to uncover the find an problem ... NOW I have a problem and it is the WEEKEND ...???

So, I have posted on TUG ... and after the weekend this is psot can't get edited ...

I want the unit advertised and that was the one I paid for DAYS AGO......simply, no bait and switch.

Wow, Linda! See- this is what I am talking about! Who is the "seller" here? More than just the broker/transfer agent! Definitely involved in the selling process. Geez- I hope this works out for you. Keep us posted.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not knowing your specific reason, their web system is not perfect. I have had this happen to me as well. I believe it will allow more than one person to place the same item in their cart. If you see a great unit, chances are someone else has too. When I see a great unit there is no waiting or checking in any way. I pay for that puppy pronto. What's the point in checking and losing out on the unit when I know Sunday will refund my money? Besides, it's on a cc.

Sorry for your loss but until they improve their check-out system it will happen again. They can't sell the same unit to more than one person.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, Linda! See- this is what I am talking about! Who is the "seller" here? More than just the broker/transfer agent! Definitely involved in the selling process. Geez- I hope this works out for you. Keep us posted.

Do you know what a real estate broker is and does? They list property, talk to the buyer and the seller, prepare paperwork, handle earnest money, coordinate the closing, and whatever else I have no clue about.

Do you know who a seller is? The person that owns the real estate.

Like I said before. They may look like a seller, but they can't sell what they don't own. Most mass timeshare "resellers" operate like this but Sumday is one of the few that is licensed and reputable. There are others.

There is one aspect that I agree makes them more like a seller and less like a real estate broker. The real seller has no say over how much the timeshare is sold for. They gave up that right when they wanted out. This is generally a given since most timeshare are worthless, but there are some that have decent value that Sumday handles. It's just the by-product of the trade-in process.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had in in my cart and I checked out ... paying for it right then. I went back to re-look at the listing and it was GONE. I got an emailed receipt. And was gone the next day. It was today I got the email at 5:25PM ... inventory issue.

Days gone by. I know the resort and I really liked that unit and view ... just not a real fan of the 2/2 unit but it has a great view. The ONLY way someone else got it was to manually steal it from me OR they were lying about inventory on their web site. (which I find hard to believe as it took it down as soon as I finished checkin out).

Their office closed at 5:30PM ... if you knew there was a BIG problem of selling something and collecting their money ... you SHOULD have called ASAP and not at the very end of the day before a weekend....

Bad Form! IMHO!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I've had it happen to me too. Sumday has many of the same items on ebay. On ebay they have the disclaimer :

THIS ITEM IS ALSO ADVERTISED ON OUR WEBSITE AND LOCALLY, THEREFORE THE AUCTION MAY BE ENDED AT ANY POINT DUE TO A SALE OUTSIDE OF EBAY. IF THE EBAY AUCTION IS IN THE LAST 12 HOURS IT CANNOT BE ENDED DUE TO EBAY POLICY, BUT THE HIGH BIDDER WILL BE NOTIFIED THAT THE ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

If they have the same disclaimer on their website I haven't seen it.

Basically it seems like they give themselves about 12 hours maybe a day and if it sells on one of the sites for more (or if the ebay sale is above the purchase price on the website at the time the purchase is made) it goes to the highest priced purchase. It was about 4 days later when I was contacted. They asked if there was anything else I wanted to apply my payment to and when I said no I had my refund less than 48 hrs later.

Maybe the delay was because it sold on ebay (for more) and they were waiting for the payment and would have given it to me if the other buyer flaked out.

It can be disappointing and a little annoying but it isn't enough to keep me from bidding or checking their inventory to see if there is something that I might like.