• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Suite Night Awards

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We used our 50 night bonus award for 5 SNAs, although we are unlikely to be able to use them all, but we used our 75 night bonus award for a free night so the benefits can be useful.
I forgot about a free night option for 75 nights. I may want to book a cheap room either using points or cash to get an additional night to get us to 75 nights to get a free night for next year.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot about a free night option for 75 nights. I may want to book a cheap room either using points or cash to get an additional night to get us to 75 nights to get a free night for next year.
That is what we thought, we are using our free night at the Renaissance Heathrow before an early morning flight to Phuket.
We have also requested to use one of our SNAs for at least a better view, as I don’t believe they have suites there.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am excited to report that I will be getting a nice upgrade at the St Regis Mallorca and I booked it on MB points. They denied the SNA but they are giving me a nice upgrade without the SNA. I just checked and saw this on my reservation for Saturday: Junior Suite, 1 Double, Seafront, Main Building, Away from elevator, Balcony. Member price for my 3N is 2,484.30 EUR / $2766 USD.

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am excited to report that I will be getting a nice upgrade at the St Regis Mallorca and I booked it on MB points. They denied the SNA but they are giving me a nice upgrade without the SNA. I just checked and saw this on my reservation for Saturday: Junior Suite, 1 Double, Seafront, Main Building, Away from elevator, Balcony. Member price for my 3N is 2,484.30 EUR / $2766 USD.
That is great.
We will have to drive over and check it out when we are at Club Son Antem in June.
In the past, the only Marriott hotel options on the island were the Marriott at Son Antem (no longer a Marriott) and the AC by Marriott in Palma (convenient and practical, if fairly basic)
The recent additions, especially the St Regis are very welcome.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
That is great.
We will have to drive over and check it out when we are at Club Son Antem in June.
In the past, the only Marriott hotel options on the island were the Marriott at Son Antem (no longer a Marriott) and the AC by Marriott in Palma (convenient and practical, if fairly basic)
The recent additions, especially the St Regis are very welcome.

I am also excited because St Regis Mallorca just went up in points from 60K to 85K. I booked it before the point increase.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Remember that the room is up to 40k points. For the 50 night award wife and I take the 5 SNA. For he 75 night award, we take the 40k free night certificate. These 2 nights at 40k plus our 2 nights at 50k for carrying the spg luxury card makes it worthwhile for us before or after a mvc stay on the mainland.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suite Night Award question; Is there an expiration date on the SNA's ? I currently have a few and would like to know if they can be carried over year after to year until such time as they are used?

Anyone know ?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Suite Night Award question; Is there an expiration date on the SNA's ? I currently have a few and would like to know if they can be carried over year after to year until such time as they are used?

Anyone know ?
Expire at end of the year after the year earned.

Eli Mairs

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have suite night awards pending for two nights at the Gritti Palace in Venice next month. I’m using points for the reservation.
I’ll be very surprised if it comes through, even though there are several suites available. It is an incredibly expensive hotel.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have suite night awards pending for two nights at the Gritti Palace in Venice next month. I’m using points for the reservation.
I’ll be very surprised if it comes through, even though there are several suites available. It is an incredibly expensive hotel.
We stayed at Gritti Palace last year and while there were no suite night awards then, we were platinum (equivalent of the now Titanium) and we had a nice upgrade to a larger unit with more luxurious bathrooom. It was not a suite but it was a good upgrade.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had to re-route my trip. Marriott is not very generous with suite night upgrades. It is such a bummer. In one hotel, they are not honoring the free breakfast that I thought was part of Titanium level. I am finding a lot of inconsistency across the hotels.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I had to re-route my trip. Marriott is not very generous with suite night upgrades. It is such a bummer. In one hotel, they are not honoring the free breakfast that I thought was part of Titanium level. I am finding a lot of inconsistency across the hotels.
Which hotel does not honor Titanium breakfast? The exceptions that I know of are resorts that are part of the Marriott vacation Club, The Ritz-Carlton and Gaylord Hotels

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the best practices to used suite nights awards?

4Sunsets

Reaction score
i am going to request upgrades using SNAs for the first time and have some questions.
There are two hotels (JW and Westin) in the location of interest and I plan to make reservations for both. Since confirmation will be sent five days prior and reservation can be canceled one day before arrival, I should be able to cancel one that is not upgraded, right? In case both receive upgrades and I cancel one reservation with SNAs already attached, will the SNAs be returned to my account?

very bad experience for us with suitenights and westin.... we reserved with points and must have been awarded our requested suite upgrade, because client services then promptly canceled our reservation because in their opinion we paid too little. too little, exactly what they said in email and our res was gone

4Sunsets

Reaction score
Which hotel does not honor Titanium breakfast? The exceptions that I know of are resorts that are part of the Marriott vacation Club, The Ritz-Carlton and Gaylord Hotels

most marriotts honor it, if you stay westin or starwood unlikely, in my experience, especially since the merger. before the merger as lifetime platinum we got free breakfast, free parking, AND free arrival gift. now as titanium, we get a choice of ONE at Marriotts and nothing anywhere else. period. and we stay 100+ a year.

4Sunsets

Reaction score

Anyone know ?

yes, they expire, 1-year after the award year in which they were granted.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
We stayed at Gritti Palace last year and while there were no suite night awards then, we were platinum (equivalent of the now Titanium) and we had a nice upgrade to a larger unit with more luxurious bathrooom. It was not a suite but it was a good upgrade.
so far suite nights seem to be a way to take away room upgrade perk for elites while seemingly offering a benefit. we have 1500+ nights w marriott, titanium. before the merger we got automatic upgrades almost every stay. since merger? we have gotten ZERO

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
very bad experience for us with suitenights and westin.... we reserved with points and must have been awarded our requested suite upgrade, because client services then promptly canceled our reservation because in their opinion we paid too little. too little, exactly what they said in email and our res was gone
Will you please elaborate? Did you escalate up the Marriott chain?

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
most marriotts honor it, if you stay westin or starwood unlikely, in my experience, especially since the merger. before the merger as lifetime platinum we got free breakfast, free parking, AND free arrival gift. now as titanium, we get a choice of ONE at Marriotts and nothing anywhere else. period. and we stay 100+ a year.
We received free arrival gift or Points in every stay we made this year, and lounge access at Westin, Marriott and Renaissance. Not sure if Marriott has ever offered free breakfast at hotels that normally charge, Except those that do not have a lounge or lounges do not open.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott at Tang Plaza in Singapore offers platinum and above both lounge access which has good hot breakfast and also full amazing buffet breakfast with about 100 selections of food in their restaurant.

Last edited:

4Sunsets

Reaction score
We received free arrival gift or Points in every stay we made this year, and lounge access at Westin, Marriott and Renaissance. Not sure if Marriott has ever offered free breakfast at hotels that normally charge, Except those that do not have a lounge or lounges do not open.

It's the ORs that are the problem. You get this OR that now. Previously, we'd always get free parking AND arrival gift AND free breakfast, whether lounge or not. We'd also get automatic room upgrade, not a suite-night credit to use or not use.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
Will you please elaborate? Did you escalate up the Marriott chain?

We absolutely escalated. Marriot's new fine print allows hotels to cancel reservations where a "supposed or actual" pricing error occurred. In other words, we were inadvertently awarded too nice a suite by the system/a person, and so our entire reservation was canceled before we could stay, with only an email from guest services at the hotel. Good thing we checked prior, or we'd have been hundreds of miles away from home with no choice but to pay the exorbitant walk-in rates in a very expensive city, which btw was ~$600 a night!!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We absolutely escalated. Marriot's new fine print allows hotels to cancel reservations where a "supposed or actual" pricing error occurred. In other words, we were inadvertently awarded too nice a suite by the system/a person, and so our entire reservation was canceled before we could stay, with only an email from guest services at the hotel. Good thing we checked prior, or we'd have been hundreds of miles away from home with no choice but to pay the exorbitant walk-in rates in a very expensive city, which btw was ~$600 a night!!
Which hotel property was this? We want to avoid booking at such a place. Thanks.

4Sunsets

Reaction score
Which hotel property was this? We want to avoid booking at such a place. Thanks.

This is hotel policy for all Marriotts, unfortunately. This particular incident occurred at a Westin in Canada.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is hotel policy for all Marriotts, unfortunately. This particular incident occurred at a Westin in Canada.
Thanks. I am applying my suite award nights to our upcoming 5-night stay using points at Newport Beach which a standard room at rack rate is > $600 per night. We hope to not have our reservation be cancelled!