• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Suggestions Needed for Trapp Family Lodge

HikerBiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trapp Family Lodge, Hillcrest Inn, The Village Green
Hi All,
Have owned a floating week at TFL for 18 years and been very happy. Recently, found this notice from Board of Directors:
”For year 2023 and beyond, we are moving to a Batch Reservation Process. All Float Week Requests will be collected until Nov.30th annually. We will then organize all requests by week, assign weeks, and notify all Owners by Dec.15th. …We feel we can better accommodate all Owners in a timeLu and just manner.”
In the past, you requested and were assigned that week a year in advance. I want to ask them to reconsider this policy for the year 2024. I have previously expressed my concerns to owner services, and they were adamant there would be no changes from this policy for 2023 and I could express written concerns to the BOD. They will meet in Nov. so I want to send an email expressing why this doesn’t seem like the best option for 2024.
1. Advice for exchanging is to start looking and planning at least a year in advance. I have already seen weeks that I would like, available and booked by others.
2. I usually request the first or second week in June. Depositing only six months ahead seems like my trading power would be significantly reduced.
3. Each year I have traded, I have received a bonus Resort Accommodations Certificate which I can exchange for an
additional week for around $350, while also using my unit for an exchange. The offer this year expires Nov. 30, 2022.

I would appreciate more suggestions for feedback for the BOD. By the way, you submit four choices for the week you desire, and I feel their process for the week you receive is very fair and equitable. I just think they should be assigning float weeks using this process for 2024 right now.
Thank you for any feedback and suggestions.
Loraine

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I would have to assume that high demand 2023 weeks have already been secured by people a year in advance. So, the issue will mostly come in 2024 bookings.

The big issue will be during the high demand winter ski season:
The family that only has school winter break in February as an option needs to wait until mid December to see if they secured that week?
The person that wants to ski in early January would certainly need to have their room secured before mid December.
The exchanger that wants to deposit a January/early Feb week - that already would be considered a late deposit and TP deminished AND stuck in flex.

Does TFL have an owners FB group? Organizing with other owners and getting them all to send in their feedback would help.

HikerBiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trapp Family Lodge, Hillcrest Inn, The Village Green
Thank you, mdurette,
I took your suggestion and did a Facebook search for owners but only found a group for owners of the villas. Perhaps, I will explore how to form a group.
I will use some of your suggestions in my letter to the BOD. Thank you for taking the time to post them.
Loraine