• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

suggestions for beach wedding

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter just got engaged over the weekend and they would like to have a beach wedding somewhere in south Florida. It would just be immediate family....probably 10 -12 people. They originally wanted to get married in Bermuda, but cost and logistics for family would be difficult. (An anniversary trip would be better, perhaps.)

Any suggestions for location, timeshares, hotels, wedding planners? Thanks!

(Not sure I posted this in the right thread.... feel free to move.)

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Nine years ago my daughter wanted a beach wedding and decided on the Daytona area.

She did a lot of research on line and ended up on a beach down near Ponce Inlet.

They got to show their two sons were it all happened this summer when we went down there.

Plenty of timeshares from the different systems in the area.

I know it's not south Fla but they did have a great wedding and are glad they went there.

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not South FL, but we live on the barrier island off of Melbourne (more like Central FL) and plenty of my friends have had beach weddings here. It's not expensive at all either which is a bonus. There is an A-Frame in Satellite Beach that I think the city rents out...right on the beach. My friend had her wedding there and all told it cost under a grand including rental of the A-Frame. Tons of timeshares in the area...Oceanique in Indian Harbour Beach (Interval), lots of them in Cocoa Beach and Satellite Beach on RCI, etc.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a particular resort in mind, call them and ask what- if any- wedding planners they have worked with in the past. It's possible they even have an in-house planner. If you don't have one- or a few you are thinking about, google is your friend. Hotels are probably going to be more experienced with this than timeshare resorts, so check TripAdvisor or look at web pages of planners in your chosen area. Timeshares aim their advertising etc. more to family vacations than weddings, which is why I pointed you that way. Plus, at a TS, the guests are likely to be holding you responsible for lodging at the resort, which is going to be more difficult than hotels cater to that business.

Destination weddings are great. We had one, but it was far from Florida.

Bottom line: A great wedding planner will make it an event that will never be forgotten by the principals or guests. (or the credit cards- but that's a different issue)

Jim

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
My daughter just got engaged over the weekend and they would like to have a beach wedding somewhere in south Florida. It would just be immediate family....probably 10 -12 people. They originally wanted to get married in Bermuda, but cost and logistics for family would be difficult. (An anniversary trip would be better, perhaps.)

I know this isn't what you want to hear but I think they should get married in Bermuda.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Any Military members anywhere in the 'family?' There are some nice beach clubs, but require military for those.

The keys are nice...but quite the drive.

I really like the National Seashore parks up by Destin-Pensacola (Perdido).
Very peaceful and quiet.

Lots of choices.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Clearwater area

We live in the Clearwater area and spend a lot of time at various beaches. We often see (and attend) weddings at various beaches in the area.

Nancy

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of my old college friend this year had a beach wedding at Grande Ocean and it was so nice. Their backdrop was the ocean.

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
South Seas Plantation (now called South Seas Island Resort) on Captiva is a beautiful place for wedding. There are some timeshares and some villas and hotel owned by South Seas. If you rent from an owner it can be reasonably priced. I have seen some weddings there and it really is beautiful. They have photographs of it in some wedding magazines.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Last edited:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
A beach wedding on the west coast of Florida could have the sunset as a backdrop. Not possible on the east coast (sunrise maybe). Just sayin.

~Diane

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A beach wedding on the west coast of Florida could have the sunset as a backdrop. Not possible on the east coast (sunrise maybe). Just sayin.

~Diane

She was thinking of that as well, but she did not want to rule out the east coast. Sanibel/Captiva sounds really nice.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
She was thinking of that as well, but she did not want to rule out the east coast. Sanibel/Captiva sounds really nice.

Most resorts on Sanibel do not have a sunset. The island faces south, not west. Captiva is OK, but the suns sets in the trees at most of Sanibel. All you get is a view of Ft Myers Beach.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eagles nest marco island might be a good bet. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

shellmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton Key Largo

My daughter was married at the Hilton Key Largo a little over 4 years ago. They have a wedding planner and package prices. We saved some money doing it a la carte. They have a small private beach so you are not having your ceremony with strangers sun bathing nearby. It was at sunset and beautiful. They even set up a small reception right on the beach for us as we were a small group also. We all flew into Ft. Lauderdale via Southwest airlines then shared rental cars to drive down to Key Largo. Had a beautiful rehearsal dinner at Sundowners out by the water.

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stay on West Gulf Drive at Hurricane House to almost the end of West Gulf and the sunsets are beautiful. Of course South Seas sunsets are spectacular. We get a great sunset from our lanai that is framed by two palm trees so we don't even have to go to the beach if we don't want to.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
What time of year?

sandcastles

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the last few years we stay for 3 weeks over Thanksgiving. WE used to also stay mid Jan. through Mid March but that got to be too much for us.