• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Suggestion for winery tour group in Napa

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be in Carmel Highlands for a week in March then take a day and a half in Napa before our red-eye home. We want to take a group tour where there is a driver who can regale us with stories and history and keep us safe on the road. I'm not picky about wineries, intimate ones are fine as are larger ones; I enjoy Trefethen, Clos du Val and Stag's Leap for high end wines but a good inexpensive one is even better if you can suggest one and a tour that will take us there. We need to go on a Monday.

TIA,

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We did Sterling Vineyards back in 2007 and LOVED it! Here's the link to my review which also includes some photos, to give an idea of what it was like. We really enjoyed the gondola ride to the top.

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not done this, one of my oenophile friends believes that booking a wine tour limo is the way to go. There are more than one available, this is her favorite.

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not done this, one of my oenophile friends believes that booking a wine tour limo is the way to go. There are more than one available, this is her favorite.

This is what we'd like to do but if there were a less expensive van-type vehicle that would also be great! Thanks!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We took the Napa Valley Wine Train: http://winetrain.com/ It just chugs slooowwwly up the valley, through the vinyards while you taste and munch. Really quite nice.

Jim

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We took the Napa Valley Wine Train: http://winetrain.com/ It just chugs slooowwwly up the valley, through the vinyards while you taste and munch. Really quite nice.

Jim

However, unless this has changed you don't stop and see any of the wineries.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My husband and I used this about 6 years ago and really loved it. http://www.wineshuttle.com/ Our driver had lots of information and we made stops at quite a few wineries. It was a very nice day.

That does look like a lot of fun at a reasonable price. (The thing you'd have to double check is whether or not it includes admission fees to the wineries or is that additional. If added, it could turn out to be a very expensive day!)

jkkee

TUG Member
Reaction score
That does look like a lot of fun at a reasonable price. (The thing you'd have to double check is whether or not it includes admission fees to the wineries or is that additional. If added, it could turn out to be a very expensive day!)

I believe the tasting fees were seperate. However, much less expensive than a DUI, and the driver did make it a very fun day. I could be mistaken about the fees being additional though, it was a few years ago.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe the tasting fees were seperate. However, much less expensive than a DUI, and the driver did make it a very fun day. I could be mistaken about the fees being additional though, it was a few years ago.

Oh I agree (re: DUI) but I would not drink my way through a sampling day with or without a driver . . . I just don't like wine or drink that much.

I bet the driver would add a lot to the tour however.