• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sudwala Rental for World Cup

robtug

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received email from Sudwala. If your timeshare falls in certain time in 2010 you can rent your unit for world cup soccer. This might be good option as the value is decreasing in rci and also offers alternative. Is anyone else thinking of putting it up for rental through sudwala management? Do you think its a good idea?

DorotaG

TUG Member
Reaction score
I gave Niky one of my weeks for now, we will see what happens. I usually deposit them to RCI points account (Points for Deposit), but I think I can survive without them this year.

gretel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Via Roma, San Luis Bay Inn
I also gave my week to rent.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What week(s) were they again? Thx.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
What week(s) were they again? Thx.

Google for 'world cup 2010' and you'll find a schedule of games. They're mostly mid-June to early July IIRC. My week 27 at Tenbury, in Durban, is going to be a HOT property. :) One of the semi-final games occurs that week in Durban. :banana:

kewanee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they guaranteeing you any $$ amount? Minimum?
If they are taken, the minimum is your annual levy. Of course, we would hope for more :) . If not taken, we can then still bank them. I said to go ahead with mine.

Susie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think the offer of your levy being paid and giving up the week is a good enough offer. They are not promising anything else! Also once you let them have it, from what I understand it, you CANNOT take it back and give it to RCI. i'M not sure what to do, but I'm not making any rash decisions...I

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
I'm just going to rent mine out myself. My levy is only around $200 so I know I can do better than that.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I miss the event by about one week. :( My luck lately, LOL.

gretel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Via Roma, San Luis Bay Inn
Update?

Any news on the rentals?

Blondie, have you had any interest on your private rental?

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Just reading this now and actually have not listed it yet. Will do so some time this summer I guess.