• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

    Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

    Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

    Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

    Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free!

    60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Success! Cancelled June St. Thomas and booked Surf Watch in July

Wahoo Josh

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
37
Reaction score
26
Points
368
Location
Mechanicsville, VA
We had 4 nights at the St. Thomas Ritz-Carlton Club, followed by 7 nights at Frenchman's Cove (6/15 to 6/26) booked on MVC points. It appeared USVI would begin accepting travelers again on June 1. We held on until Delta changed our flight from ATL to STT from 6/15 to 6/14. I knew the chances of further changes and an ultimate fiasco were high.

I was worried about canceling through MVC's online contact form, wondering how long it would take my 4950 points to appear in a holding account for rebooking. I spotted a 7-day opening at Surf Watch (Hilton Head) 7/18-25 last week, and called the MVC phone number. Lo and behold - an agent picked up the phone and did both transactions for me! Delighted with this outcome, as we can drive from Virginia to HHI.
 

Wahoo

TUG Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2017
Messages
115
Reaction score
77
Points
138
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch
Glad you were able to work something out! Also, like your user name :thumbup:
 

Theiggy

TUG Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
1,410
Reaction score
893
Points
223
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
That’s great that it worked out for you. We had to cancel an April week at Frenchman’s Cove and a July week in Aruba. We still have an August week at Barony in HHI. We could possibly drive from NY, long drive but I don’t want to fly right now. Do you think HHI is safe? I see the beaches are open. I’m wondering if I should still go. What are your thoughts about HHI? Obviously looks good to you bc you booked it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

gln60

TUG Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2015
Messages
1,427
Reaction score
1,034
Points
273
Location
The Garden State
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
We had 4 nights at the St. Thomas Ritz-Carlton Club, followed by 7 nights at Frenchman's Cove (6/15 to 6/26) booked on MVC points. It appeared USVI would begin accepting travelers again on June 1. We held on until Delta changed our flight from ATL to STT from 6/15 to 6/14. I knew the chances of further changes and an ultimate fiasco were high.

I was worried about canceling through MVC's online contact form, wondering how long it would take my 4950 points to appear in a holding account for rebooking. I spotted a 7-day opening at Surf Watch (Hilton Head) 7/18-25 last week, and called the MVC phone number. Lo and behold - an agent picked up the phone and did both transactions for me! Delighted with this outcome, as we can drive from Virginia to HHI.
Really nice to hear some good news...Congratulations,enjoy
 

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2013
Messages
6,330
Reaction score
3,521
Points
498
Location
Connecticut
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Sounds like a smart move, and hopefully allows you to still have some relaxing vacation time with reduced risk.
 

Wahoo Josh

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
37
Reaction score
26
Points
368
Location
Mechanicsville, VA
That’s great that it worked out for you. We had to cancel an April week at Frenchman’s Cove and a July week in Aruba. We still have an August week at Barony in HHI. We could possibly drive from NY, long drive but I don’t want to fly right now. Do you think HHI is safe? I see the beaches are open. I’m wondering if I should still go. What are your thoughts about HHI? Obviously looks good to you bc you booked it!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have stayed for weeks at HHI multiple times (Harbour Club, Grande Ocean x2, Barony x2), just not in the last 8 years or so. Summers are hot and steamy, so the beach and pool are necessary. I expect the beach to be safe by mid-July, but there may be restrictions on pool occupancy. We love to golf, and understand we will be hot-hot-hot that time of year. I recall the golf course marshals coming around with welcoming cold towels - maybe not with a COVID-19 threat. There are many excellent restaurants, but we will be prepared to cook in our villa more often if social distancing reduces the opportunities to eat out.
 
Top