• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stupid neighbor in my back yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the law is in your area, but in some areas you can only get a restraining order on someone if that person has physically assaulted you. I once had a crazy neighbor threaten to kill me. I called the cops, and he suggested I go file a restraining order. Except that, when I went to do so, the form specifically said that you could only file a restraining order if the person PHYSICALLY assaulted you. Threatening to kill someone did not warrant such an order

BTW, does everyone in your neighborhood pack heat? Yikes.

That comment seems to imply you have something against the 2nd Amendment, or firearms. Now, since you use a computer, and I'll assume you're an intelligent adult, I'm sure you miss typed. Anyone knows there isn't a single gun ever created that hurt anyone.

Again, I applaud the OP for concealed carry.

Wake up folks. Blaming guns for gun crime is analogous to blaming spoons and forks for obesity. It might make you feel better, and it sure is the easier excuse, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That comment seems to imply you have something against the 2nd Amendment, or firearms.

Wake up folks. Blaming guns for gun crime is analogous to blaming spoons and forks for obesity.

There's a fur piece between the 2nd Amendment right for a 'well regulated militia', and an armed subdivision where people carry heat when they answer a doorbell. I own several firearms, so can't have anything against guns. I contend that long guns have a legitimate value in putting food in the larder, but the enormous number of handguns have little, if any use except killing people.

As to the 2nd sentence above, I don't blame the guns. I blame the stupid lawmakers who put firearms designed for no other purpose than putting holes in people in the hands of unqualified people who either as a mistake while 'cleaning', or leaving accessible to children, inadvertently have some responsibility for the deaths and injuries of innocents. All one has to do is look at the statistics of handgun deaths in Canada, Great Britain or other countries where handguns are regulated or forbidden compared with similar stats in the armed camp of the USA to know that access to the handgun is the single largest factor in reducing handgun deaths.

And if this doesn't qualify as a 'controversial issue' on TUG I don't know what would. Good deal.

Jim

Steve

Reaction score
This topic, while certainly lively, has gone over the edge of TUG tolerance.

Thread closed.

Steve
TUG Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.