• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Study shows that PCR tests with 35 cycles or more have an accuracy below 3%, meaning up to 97% of positive results could be false positives.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
3172f84898938bf6d31a7fc67641b505.jpg

What is more important than positivity rates, and false positives and false negatives?
Deaths.

What is scarier?
People that are still equating the Corona virus to Influenza, and fail to realize that you can’t ‘Open America’ before you conquer the virus (thereby reducing Deaths of our loved ones).
And those that still deny that proper/compliant mask wearing combats viral transmission (and therefore Deaths)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't you find that spike an anomaly? Can that be explained by the virus alone? Something happened in April that is not captured by the data, maybe we will find an explanation at one point. But we are in November, the latest data is, I think 0.2%, mortality rate. Of course, for those without co-morbidities, a fraction of that.

By the way, your graph is also showing a drop in deaths from ALL other causes at the same time. What a coincidence!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I think we can all agree that our politicians have been incredible hypocrites.
I think one of the Earl's of Old Town (Steve Goodman) summed it up best in his song:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
3172f84898938bf6d31a7fc67641b505.jpg

What is more important than positivity rates, and false positives and false negatives?
Deaths.

What is scarier?
People that are still equating the Corona virus to Influenza, and fail to realize that you can’t ‘Open America’ before you conquer the virus (thereby reducing Deaths of our loved ones).

And those that still deny that proper/compliant mask wearing combats viral transmission (and therefore Deaths)

Now David, just because you are a scientist in this field, that knows more about this subject than anyone on TUG, doesn't mean that you can go confusing us with the FACTS! ;)

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Study Highlights Alleged Accounting Error Regarding Covid Deaths

"What is even more interesting if not more alarming is that the spike in recorded Covid-19 deaths seen in 2020 has coincided with a proportional decrease in death from other diseases. "

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll give you this - you are predictably consistent !

View attachment 29131
I will refer back to the study. Call me after you read it.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I will refer back to the study. Call me after you read it.
Danny- AIER is a Koch brothers funded think tank with one agenda, to reopen the economy fully as it was preCovid. This “study” is garbage. Please stop posting this junk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Danny- AIER is a Koch brothers funded think tank with one agenda, to reopen the economy fully as it was preCovid. This “study” is garbage. Please stop posting this junk
Did you read it?
1606523796748.png

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wait, I got it. The hospitals in the 'new COVID hot spots' are filling up with patients that have OTHER illnesses, they just also HAPPEN to have COVID-19 too.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wait, I got it. The hospitals in the 'new COVID hot spots' are filling up with patients that have OTHER illnesses, they just also HAPPEN to have COVID-19 too.
Can you tell me the number of people who are in the hospitals, tested positive but are not counted as Covid patients? I am sure you have the info handy.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can you tell me the number of people who are in the hospitals, tested positive but are not counted as Covid patients? I am sure you have the info handy.
ETA [/sarcasm]

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Error

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
"
"

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Elon Musk said the Coronavirus test was not accurate. He is a pretty smart guy.

Everyone is always beating up on Danny. The majority here think he is wrong, but he might not be. I have been on TUG for a long time, and if you don't agree with the moderators or the majority here, then you are treated rudely, and it's ALLOWED. It's got to be a place where people can discuss without being rude. Rudeness apparently is okay, depending on your opinion. It's kept me from posting my own opinions because I kind of wear my heart on my sleeve. (For those of you who do not understand old people jargon, that means I am probably overly sensitive.)

I am going to Orlando for a second time this fall, leaving today on Southwest, and I am not afraid of the virus, not even one bit. But I got great airfare and great accommodations because so many are afraid to go. It's just how it is. Our granddaughter and daughter-in-law are also going to be there. Our friends are going, too, and we are all at an age where we should be very afraid, but we are not. We will wear our masks and take precautions. I always wash my hands thoroughly and will take hand sanitizer to use every time we touch a ride. Didn't get sick last time, won't this time, and we won't get sick in January, when we go again.

The virus is serious, and it sucks for those who get it. Ben Carson got pretty sick, and he is a doctor. Do you think he didn't wash his hands and didn't wear a mask? I know the virus is out there, I am not a naive person, but I am a positive person. Franklin D. Roosevelt said, "The only thing to fear is fear itself." I agree wholeheartedly. Let's get back to life and protect those over 75.

My stepdad didn't come to dinner for Thanksgiving with our family. He came over yesterday for leftovers. We were around all of the kids. I don't think it makes sense that he is also taking us to the airport today. He will be in a car with us. We will wear masks. But we didn't last night.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
From Worldometers today:

ACTIVE CASES

Currently Infected Patients

17,736,102 (99.4%)
in Mild Condition

105,241 (0.6%)
Serious or Critical

That is a small percentage in serious or critical condition.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Everyone is always beating up on Danny. The majority here think he is wrong, but he might not be.

Danny may be right. And a coin may land on "heads" ten times in a row (which it will do statistically every 1024 attempts).

For the other 1023 tries, I will believe the scientists and statisticians who work in this arena rather than those quoting studies they don't have the training to read critically (critical reading of any scientific study must start with who funded it).

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Because of the intense polarization in our country, a great many Americans now see the life-and-death decisions of the coronavirus as political choices rather than medical ones. In the absence of a unifying narrative and competent national leadership, Americans have to choose whom to believe as they make decisions about how to live: the scientists and the public-health experts, whose advice will necessarily change as they learn more about the virus, treatment, and risks?​
... Even more important, and far less obvious, is that because of the unconscious motivation to reduce dissonance, the way we answer these questions has repercussions for how we behave after making our initial decision. Will we be flexible, or will we keep reducing dissonance by insisting that our earliest decisions were right?​