• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Strategy For Vistana Presentation

duck_widow

Reaction score
Badly behaving kids get you out fast!

I'm actually embarassed to say they we basically got kicked out of the Marriott NCV presentation because our two-year-old twins were being so bad. They had a playroom, but there was a family in there who was buying and they only let one family in at a time. They had been fairly good in their stroller for an hour, but once my kids realized that there was a fun place and that they couldn't go in there they had a fit.

Other people there for their presentations were staring at us. It really was embarrasing. The saleslady was quite nice. Just as she was getting into the numbers they had their meltdown. We went outside and she still tried selling me while my husband chased the twins and tried to keep them from hurling themselves into the fountain. After 10 minutes of the outside fun, she said 'you just earned your e-ticket out of here' and off to Disneyland we went!

So if you can rent some bad kids, you'll get out quick! LOL.

cchu

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a newbie, and will have a TS presentation with them on December. If I bring up the resale price offered on ebay or broker, do you think that they will match it? Or make the presentation shorter?

One of my co-worker who attended the TS presentation, and was offered at 50% after he said no. Do anyone know what is the lowest offer they made?

Also, we will get some Disney tickets, so do we have to stay until the end of the presentation, and until the manager to sign off? I have one year old baby, and I guess that I will bring her over.

Thank!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi,

I am a newbie, and will have a TS presentation with them on December. If I bring up the resale price offered on ebay or broker, do you think that they will match it? Or make the presentation shorter?

It may make your presentation shorter, but I'm sure they won't match a resale price since the developer price is likely to be 2-3 times the resale price. After many years on TUG, I've never heard of it happening.

One of my co-worker who attended the TS presentation, and was offered at 50% after he said no. Do anyone know what is the lowest offer they made?

I doubt if this was a Starwood presentation. Starwood doesn't accept offers - they will give you a price and will not negotiate with you like you would when buying a car. They may offer you more incentives - usually Starpoints, but they won't lower the price.

Also, we will get some Disney tickets, so do we have to stay until the end of the presentation, and until the manager to sign off? I have one year old baby, and I guess that I will bring her over.

Thank!

If you agreed to a TS presentation as one of the terms of your pkg., of course you have to stay for the whole presentation, if you don't, they can charge you full retail price for your trip.

Last edited:

AKE

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Just tell them no.no.. no.... be non-communicable and don't get into any kind of discussion with them over any topic as this will just prolong the presentation.

CanadianLawyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea
SVV presentation

We just got back from a presentation at SVV. The second or third question the agent asked was "do you own a unit"? When we replied that we had just bought a unit on eBay, he asked us how much we paid. When we told him (it was a ridiculously low number - much, much less than 10% of developer pricing :whoopie: ) he said "well I can't match that" and we chatted about other things for 45 minutes (including the new area at SVV, comparisons of SVV and SVR, timeshares in general). He then called over the manager and the closer and we left after buying a new Explorer package (we are suckers for those!). Took about 2 hours but was not unpleasant. It's much better if you know what you are talking about!

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great!! Sounds like it was a fun meeting in the end. :) What did you learn about SVV's new sections and what are they planning on doing with all those refurbished SVR units??

Any good info to share? Thanks! Katherine

CanadianLawyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea
Great!! Sounds like it was a fun meeting in the end. :) What did you learn about SVV's new sections and what are they planning on doing with all those refurbished SVR units??

Any good info to share? Thanks! Katherine

Not too much news.

The first building of the St. Augustine section of SVV is almost finished from what I could see. The presentation centre will be moving from its current location in the main building to the top floor of the first building (express elevator, etc., etc.) sometime in Q1 or Q2 2009. Apparently SVO has plans to build out all of the SVV property (which goes back quite a ways to the east and south) by 2012 or 2013.

The good news for SVV owners and visitors is that when the new presentation center opens, the current space is supposed to be renovated to add some much-needed restaurants and other facilities - the current restaurant is a joke in view of the size of the resort and is always jammed on busy pool days.

One interesting tidbit is that the agent claims that closure rates for presentations have not dropped despite all the economic bad news, and are still at about 25% of presentations. I didn't ask if this included rescissions - I figured that would be impolite!. The only change, apparently, is that a larger proportion of recent sales are for less expensive options, in particular EOYs, which supposedly are selling very well. I was frankly surprised at the 25% figure, but obviously they must be doing some sales to support all that infrastructure!

Also, he said some of the agents were surprised when SVO recently increased the price on some (but not all) of the SVV units that are for sale, but he said there hasn't been any noticeable downturn in the sales rate as a result.

Didn't really discuss SVR in any detail. I asked him about all of the owners who were pissed about the assessments for the renovation. He said that there wasn't much the owners could do. If they don't pay their MFs, SVO just won't let them occupy a unit but can't take away the deeded ownership. Sounds like a stalemate!