• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Strategy for booking popular Raintree resorts?

whackedspinach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Worldmark, Raintree Vacation Club
Hey, I'm looking for advice from current or former Raintree owners! I recently acquired a Raintree Vacation Club account and have been trying to book ski weeks in Whistler using it. Their website is pretty horrible as you have to do searches for specific resorts and date ranges one at a time. Obviously ski weeks are also in high demand, and I have had no luck finding availability at the week-long reports (I have seen things at the Westin). I called to ask if there were waitlists or ongoing searches and was told no, you just have to log on and look at the 365-day mark. The agent believed new weeks became available at 12:01am Central Time but wasn't sure.

For those that have booked directly with Raintree in the past:
  1. Do you know if the 12:01am central time at 365 days is true? Example: If I want a week starting on Sunday, Feb 18 2024 I should search at 12:01am on Feb 18 2023? Some of the restrictions seem to be only in the client browser, so I wonder if that isn't when weeks actually show up in the system.
  2. Are there any tips for finding availability, either at the 365-day mark or after a cancellation?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @whackedspinach ,
There are threads in the Mexican forum about the Raintree - Club Regina located in PV - Cabo- Cancun.
Perhaps there is useful information there.

I believe @goaliedave may know something about Whistler

whackedspinach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the reply! I poked around in the Mexico forum but couldn’t find much info on booking and website details.

I tried at 12:00-12:02 AM last night but wasn’t able to see anything. Either everyone else is much faster than me or nothing was released at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
When I owned Raintree I always called to Book. I would ask for a week stay during "X" Month. I sold this Membership several years ago to a Friend. I believe she continues to call to Book.

whackedspinach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find availability when I call either. The representative said people usually book ski weeks before their call line is open for business, which is why she recommended logging on whenever they release them.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I was lucky to book Whistler a couple of times but it's a pain as you have to search each of the 10(?) whistler resorts separately

whackedspinach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was lucky to book Whistler a couple of times but it's a pain as you have to search each of the 10(?) whistler resorts separately

Did you just happen to see availability when you searched or did you look at a specific time when new units are released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
The only way to get Whistler is lucky via cancelation. Raintree doesn't own most of its resorts so you're competing with other chains.

Binspira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree
ok here goes....

#1 - Raintree sucks... limited inventory and inventory seems to be shrinking vs expanding....

haha - given what I just said, I am buying another Raintree membership since the one I own is expiring and we have had good luck getting some solid vacations with the Raintree network... I actually just signed on to ask a very knowledgeable guy on the site if I were crazy to buy another Raintree.. When I say buy, it's free except for under $1,000 for transaction costs.

I like to travel during shoulder season so have more choices vs trying for peak season... Last night I booked 2 nights in Whistler yet was in Sept for an event I am attending and it worked out great since was 3,600 points a night... good values like that is what keeps me in the game with Raintree, however, I do not recommend Raintree because of how difficult it is to get reservations. Its virtually impossible to get peak weeks at places since either a) they dont have inventory which is hyper frustrating or b) its beyond hyper competitive to get the limited inventory since you need to crack the code and either be online when its released or be the 1st caller since there could be zero or maybe only 1 week/unit availble. Most places Raintree only has a couple units/weeks...

The call center does a good job yet they are constrained by simple lack of inventory....

Be flexible with your dates and locations... be persistent and lower your expectations. Dont want to be a buzz kill, yet do want you to have realistic expectations...

Bob

whackedspinach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the feedback!
I spoke to another rep, she confirmed that while the system allows you to book at 365 days out, that isn't when new weeks are added to the system. She recommended just trying online or calling frequently.
I ended up booking a 2 units (1bdr and a studio) next year at the Westin in Whistler (98,800 for 5 nights total), as well as a week at Aspens on Blackcomb in a 2bdr (130,000 total). I'm pretty happy with that, although it was a lot of points. I will have to see if I can find anything more cost-effective as people cancel, etc.
The only place I really want to book is Powder's Edge, but I think that opening up is unlikely.