• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Strange thing in RCI account

tlsbooks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had this show up in my RCI account

The following weeks cannot currently be exchanged online. Please call 1-800-338-7777 to search against these.

Comp Exchange
Relation Number Travel From Travel To DescriptionTh
00040 02/01/2008 02/28/2010 MBR RNT:pEND OPEN SEARCH

I called RCI to ask what this was and, supposedly, it's a week deposited into my account to use to search for rentals.
I've never gotten a rental from RCI or even searched for one. ???????

Bigbird130

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Strange Thing

I have a similar posting on RCI account and when I called and asked about it they said it was complimentary week from a resort I own at that they put in because I exchange from that resort.
Haven't tried to use it yet but I lost the last one because I waited too long to use it.
The 6 places I tried either were not avaiable or didn't participate in the program.
Best thing is to call the number and work with the RCI rep.
Good luck and let us know how you make out

tlsbooks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a similar posting on RCI account and when I called and asked about it they said it was complimentary week from a resort I own at that they put in because I exchange from that resort.

They told me I couldn't use it to exchange. It was there to search for rentals...and that was the word she used. "rentals" not "getaways". :confused:

Maybe I'll try to exchange it with a different VC.