• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stormy Point Village has been sold

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Can someone educate me on stormy point. We are here at the resort. We bought a week off market.
We attended a sales meeting just to get up to speed on what was going on. Didn’t catch any lies but it was the same sales pitch as we got from Wyndham. We never buy from these and always go off market. But my question: what’s the probable future of stormy? They are still
Showing as a Summerwind property yet the sales staff says they are Capital properties affiliated with II.
If you have rci points or a non points fixed or float week, and don't upgrade there shouldn't be that many changes. Your MF may go up some but that should be about it.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
Sorry Skank, your place doesn't cut it!!!! Here's from the press release about the sale of SPV:

Stormy Point Village, is a Cape Cod-style resort situated on Table Rock Lake in the Ozark Mountains. The resort currently has over 15,000 owners and is the premier vacation ownership resort in the Branson market.

:doh:

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Sorry Skank, your place doesn't cut it!!!! Here's from the press release about the sale of SPV:

Stormy Point Village, is a Cape Cod-style resort situated on Table Rock Lake in the Ozark Mountains. The resort currently has over 15,000 owners and is the premier vacation ownership resort in the Branson market.

:doh:
Lol! I'll give it to ya that it has two things Welk doesnt. It's on the lake, and has houses. But SPV and Welk are the only two Elite (Blue lotus/emblem/highest rated) on II in Branson.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
I'm sorry, but it's on the Internet, so it must be true. Essentially, there are no other decent timeshares in Branson. Just SPV.

:cool:

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
When we first started, there were no II resorts in Branson; now there are 26. There are 41 RCI resorts.

So, since SPV is the premier vacation ownership resort in the Branson market, it is better than a whole lot of resorts.

;)

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If anyone wants to check out stormy point village, I will have some last minute inventory posted soon.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
The tour center, 4 miles from the resort, says "Capital" now.

I met a long-time owner couple at the golf course yesterday. Their take was that the resort management has gone from absolutely horrible, to bad to who knows. Then they asked my opinion and I told them I know enough to know I know too much to say anything.

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
The tour center, 4 miles from the resort, says "Capital" now.

I met a long-time owner couple at the golf course yesterday. Their take was that the resort management has gone from absolutely horrible, to bad to who knows. Then they asked my opinion and I told them I know enough to know I know too much to say anything.

Ah, gossip. :D

That guy was pretty talkative. This is his only venture into timesharing . . . I'd put him at retirement age, 65-70-ish.

He said they just got $12,000 (I think that was the figure) more of his money, converting him to points. He was unsure about that, but the type who would go along wherever he was steered.

He said there was a special assessment before the sale to Capitol, and that it appears that Summerwinds kept the money. He said he's been contacted by an attorney for the new owners.

So, the adventure continues.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stormy Point is not on Table Rock Lake. Unless they moved the entire resort since we stayed there 3 years ago. Maybe they have some docks nearby, but I would not say they were walkable or viewable from any of the houses. I'm I wrong?