• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stop complaining!

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
I have been on the property for the past 3 weeks and have asked many questions and received complete answers from Rhoda Brown. I have also read all of the posts.

Both Boards have been voted in by you! I know... you think there were bad things during the elections. [political comment deleted] The most positive things you can all do is:

1. VOTE or run for the BODs. You would be amazed on how any facts, etc, are needed to make Board decisions.

2. Instead of yelling that your are being cheated or how bad things are... make constructive suggestions on how to make things better. I was brought up knowing that you dont have the right to complain unless you can make a suggestion on how to make it better.

As for the $2million mentioned in the newsletter, $1.5million was in bad debt carried on the books, which, I was told, was paid to KBV from Wyndham along with other monies. If Boards had to explain everything they did they would never get things done. They work for the property and charged with protecting the fiscal property.

I am not a Wyndham person and HATE RCI, but I love KBV and have never gone anywhere else in my 23 years of ownership.

Now you can bash me and say what you like. The people I have met here ask intelligent questions, get intelligent answers and return to KVB.

Tom Kravitz

On Feb 12, 2020, at 8:07 AM, Therese May theresefmay@gmail.com [KBVOwners] <KBVOwners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
"Stop complaining!"

Tom - I was also at the resort for 3 weeks recently, and I could not disagree with you more. There are a multitude of problems with the resort and management, and the only entity that benefits if we stop complaining is Wyndham.

Larry Nuke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas; Bali Hai Resort
I usually don't get involved in web posts because so many people can't act civil but I'm going to make an exception here. The board and management company can fix a leaky pipe or a broken garbage disposer or many other things. What I don't know how to fix is a 'multitude'. Is a multitude red or black, metal or plastic, one or one hundred. Speaking in general terms doesn't tell anyone what the problem is. So until people are ready to describe the problem, don't expect it to change. What some consider a problem, another may consider a benefit.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh... where do I start?

I have been on the property for the past 3 weeks and have asked many questions and received complete answers from Rhoda Brown. I have also read all of the posts.
What questions and what complete answers did you receive? Speaking in platitudes does not provide any information nor does it lend any credibility to Rhoda Brown and her commitment to owners.

Both Boards have been voted in by you!
Who is you? Wyndham owns over 22% of the inventory. So if by you, you mean Wyndham, you are correct. It is Wyndham's right to vote their ownership as they desire, but to say that the boards have been voted in by you [inferred to mean TUG members] is ridiculous.

VOTE or run for the BODs. You would be amazed on how any facts, etc, are needed to make Board decisions.
Voting without any organization (like savekbv) is not going to be successful. To combat the 22% ownership stake (and likely growing given their new contract), owners need to organize and figure out a way to get the word out and get others to vote if they wish to change the makeup of the board. Voting by a small TUG membership (or even the saveKBV membership) without a campaign to inform others (and form some sort of block voting strategy) is a waste of time.

Instead of yelling that your are being cheated or how bad things are... make constructive suggestions on how to make things better
Again, which is why when I was an owner, I chose to throw my support to savekbv to change the board makeup. I'm not sure who is yelling about being cheated, but i believe one of the objectives of TUG forums is to be able to state and hear multiple opinions.

As for the $2million mentioned in the newsletter, $1.5million was in bad debt carried on the books, which, I was told, was paid to KBV from Wyndham along with other monies.
Told by whom? I look at the financial statements, and would like to see evidence of what was done versus what someone told me. So by your statement, we should see bad debt decrease (or the reserve for bad debt increase) by $1.5m this year? I'll have to ask an owner to let me have a look the next time financials are released. [Note: I didn't get the newsletter since I no longer own, so I don't have any access to the newsletter reference the OP is talking about]

Now you can bash me and say what you like. The people I have met here ask intelligent questions, get intelligent answers and return to KVB.
I have no desire to bash anyone, but I wanted to point out what I felt were misleading statements in your post. I no longer own here (but did until December 2019) so I have no stake here. Best of luck to those of you that do -- I really loved KBV and hope that the outcome is positive.

-ryan

Last edited: