• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

still new, question about club booking dates

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Today is January 7, why does the booking dates for the BI properties for arrival November 13-20 say, “outside booking window of 1/8/2021-10/21/2021”? Wouldn’t that start 276 days (9 months) out, which would be February 13? I also saw that whether for arrival November 20 or November 27, it says the booking window starts January 8.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today is January 7, why does the booking dates for the BI properties for arrival November 13-20 say, “outside booking window of 1/8/2021-10/21/2021”? Wouldn’t that start 276 days (9 months) out, which would be February 13? I also saw that whether for arrival November 20 or November 27, it says the booking window starts January 8.

You are trying to book outside/past the 276 day window which is 1/8/2021-10/21/2021. Club Season, 1 to 276 days out, is when it is open for reservation for all HGVC owners. So, from 8 Jan to 21 Oct (276 days), any HGVC owner can use points to reserve a room.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But 276 days (9 months) before November 20 is February 20, not January 8. And I see the same greyed out dates even if I try to reserve for the week before, beginning November 13.

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
But 276 days (9 months) before November 20 is February 20, not January 8. And I see the same greyed out dates even if I try to reserve for the week before, beginning November 13.

You are getting the wording wrong. The date you go into HGVC reservation website (which is on EST) to reserve a room must be within the 9mths / 276 days from the day you want to check out. That means you must wait until February 20, 2021 to log into HGVC reservation site and book a room that is 276 days from your check out date of 20 November.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ah, ok. and in order to shuffle I need to start ahead of time, and then keep deleting one day/adding one day to the reservation until it ends on the day I want?

Can anyone comment on availability on the Big Island Thanksgiving week either this year or generally speaking? we haven’t made definitive plans, but I was trying to get an idea of whether that was feasible (sounds like i have to wait until early February 20 or so. To avoid getting blocked out I should probably look a week or more earlier than that and shuffle).

Last edited:

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for setting me straight!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Tarantino is known in Hollywood for a foot-fetish.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Also remember that HGVC is based on CHECK OUT day, not checkin day. So the entire stay must be in the 9 month window.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well it's my first year and I'm still learning, but we went ahead and booked a 1 BR at Lagoon in April for 6200, and our home week 2 BR OV at Lagoon at Thanksgiving. That leaves 800 points on the table. Is it worth saving that few points?

If we're switch the Thanksgiving ressie to the Big Island I'll have to pay the reservation fee but no cancelation fee right?

And if we can switch the 1BR in April to a 2BR before 60 days out there is no fee to change, right?

Two weeks to Oahu sounds like a good way to spend our first year as HGVC owners!

DEROS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well it's my first year and I'm still learning, but we went ahead and booked a 1 BR at Lagoon in April for 6200, and our home week 2 BR OV at Lagoon at Thanksgiving. That leaves 800 points on the table. Is it worth saving that few points?

If we're switch the Thanksgiving ressie to the Big Island I'll have to pay the reservation fee but no cancelation fee right?

And if we can switch the 1BR in April to a 2BR before 60 days out there is no fee to change, right?

Two weeks to Oahu sounds like a good way to spend our first year as HGVC owners!

Paying to save points is always a tough question. You will need to look ahead and ask yourself if getting an extra night (800pts is enough for maybe 1 extra night) is worth the cost ($119 to save forward).

If you switch reservation online to Big Island 61 days prior to check in, then there is no cost, points or $. Between 31-60 days prior to check in, you have to cancel your current reservation (there is no changes), forfeit the $59 reservation fee, but you get 100% points back. Then you reserve the new room at BI for $59 with the points you recovered. 16-30 days prior to check in, reservation cancelled, forfeit $59, and forfeit 50% points. 1-15 days prior to check in, reservation cancelled, forfeit $59, and forfeit 100% points.

61 days out, not 60 days, from the day you check in. Do not cancel your reservation. Click the "change reservation" link and select the new location and dates if needed.

Yes, 2 weeks in Oahu will give you the time to leisurely see the island without being exhaust at the end of each day. i.e. trails, beaches, points of interest, laying out, etc.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I would pay to save 800 points.... even if they only score 1-2 extra nights.
Booking 1N in a hotel would likely run more than the fee to save 'em.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on availability on the Big Island Thanksgiving week either this year or generally speaking? we haven’t made definitive plans, but I was trying to get an idea of whether that was feasible (sounds like i have to wait until early February 20 or so. To avoid getting blocked out I should probably look a week or more earlier than that and shuffle).

All I can say is that normally (non-holiday), Big Island is much, much more available than Oahu (HHV, etc). But since you're looking for a Thanksgiving week, I'd make sure to book exactly at 9 months out. Do you need to walk it? I'd think you'd be OK just to wait until 9 months from checkout; but better safe than sorry.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
All I can say is that normally (non-holiday), Big Island is much, much more available than Oahu (HHV, etc). But since you're looking for a Thanksgiving week, I'd make sure to book exactly at 9 months out. Do you need to walk it? I'd think you'd be OK just to wait until 9 months from checkout; but better safe than sorry.

Even on holidays, BI is easy. We've gone Thanksgiving multiple times and, while I might book at T-276 just to get it done. I can look months later and still find plenty of inventory.

We'll be there again this year. Flights already booked (T-330ish) and waiting for the T-276 window.

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's great to hear. For now we'll probably do Oahu both trips, we have family there and it is kind of like a second home in our minds, but potentially go BI next spring break. We are super excited to have the points we have to use, I need to keep my enthusiasm down or I'll keep buying more!

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
alright, yet another question about borrowing points and home week bookings and radioisotopes lol.

I have 8400 annual at Lagoon and have a home week booking for the fall 2021

and I have another 7000 EOYO. I used those to book a 6200 point room at Lagoon in April 2021 leaving me 800 for 2021.

Now let’s say I book another 3 nights in April that costs me 1900 points, of which I have to borrow 1100 from 2022. that leaves me 7300 in 2022.

For 2022, will I be able to book a home week reservation? my thinking is I have 7300 from the Lagoon annual, but could also borrow 1100 from my 2023 EOYO 7000 point deed. Since I have the necessary points available to use to make my 2022 home week booking, am I good to go even though some of those points came from a different deed and even a different year?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
alright, yet another question about borrowing points and home week bookings and radioisotopes lol.

I have 8400 annual at Lagoon and have a home week booking for the fall 2021

and I have another 7000 EOYO. I used those to book a 6200 point room at Lagoon in April 2021 leaving me 800 for 2021.

Now let’s say I book another 3 nights in April that costs me 1900 points, of which I have to borrow 1100 from 2022. that leaves me 7300 in 2022.

For 2022, will I be able to book a home week reservation? my thinking is I have 7300 from the Lagoon annual, but could also borrow 1100 from my 2023 EOYO 7000 point deed. Since I have the necessary points available to use to make my 2022 home week booking, am I good to go even though some of those points came from a different deed and even a different year?

You have to use the current years points for a home week reservation. You can‘t borrow points for your home week.