• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Still Happy With II

andrea t

TUG Member
Reaction score
In February of this year I booked and deposited my two bedroom unit at Surf Club with interval international. I requested Barony for any time between July 6 and August 31 of 2016.

By the middle of August I did not match but I was offered other properties (none of the main 3) so I extended my request by adding Grande Ocean and Surf Club. On October 1 I was confirmed for an 8/21 SurfWatch week!

I was initially disappointed but only because we've stayed at Barony 5 times and I absolutely love it there. Then I looked at the photos online and the grounds look spectacular! I happily accepted.

The next time I would like to stay at Grande Ocean so I can determine my own favorite and then actually make a purchase there.

Anyway, so pleased that my trade was successful!

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Congrats on your trade and I'm glad you are going to Hilton Head next summer. I've only been once but loved it. I hope SurfWatch brings you the same experience as your time at Barony - and that you get to Grande Ocean one of these days.

Best,

Greg

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My family and I love Surfwatch. Barony was great too but we liked Surfwatch a bit better. Same with Grand Ocean. Great resort but we liked Surfwatch better.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a trade to SurfWatch and loved it. I thought we would be missing out because Barony had just added a new pool slide but it turns out Surfwatch was a better fit for us. We did visit Barony a couple times to use the spa and tried out the pool with permission Surfwatch is more spread out - it can be a bit of a walk to beach but they have golf carts to give you ride if you need help with the beach toys. Btw I've found it is easier to get trades in Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head in mid to late August because many kids are back in school. it's a nice time to visit.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
We probably had a similar request as you. We deposited our Fairway Villas week and requested SurfWatch, Grande Ocean, Barony or OceanWatch for the last 3 weeks of August. We got Barony (8/28) confirmed just a few weeks ago. We've already stayed at Barony a few times, so I was hoping to get SurfWatch or Grande Ocean. We've also been to OceanWatch.

Like you, I'm pretty happy with what I've still been able to do with II. They also gave me a AC for my Fairway Villas deposit, so I may use that too.

There's a subtle suggestion in this post. ;)

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
A few weeks ago I put in a trade request for my Monarch week of 8/13 - 8/20 for a GO the week of 7/23 - 7/30. I have a second Monarch week that I own that goes from 7/23-730 and I needed a second unit that sleeps 8 (Monarch sleeps only 6). I did this so far in advance (for me) because I was thinking it would be difficult to get based on some of what I read. Maybe is was luck but in 48 hours, it was confirmed .. the GO from 7/24 - 7/31. No complaints for II from me.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
In February of this year I booked and deposited my two bedroom unit at Surf Club with interval international. I requested Barony for any time between July 6 and August 31 of 2016.

By the middle of August I did not match but I was offered other properties (none of the main 3) so I extended my request by adding Grande Ocean and Surf Club. On October 1 I was confirmed for an 8/21 SurfWatch week!

I was initially disappointed but only because we've stayed at Barony 5 times and I absolutely love it there. Then I looked at the photos online and the grounds look spectacular! I happily accepted.

The next time I would like to stay at Grande Ocean so I can determine my own favorite and then actually make a purchase there.

Anyway, so pleased that my trade was successful!

Marriot Surfwatch is Beautiful ....Nice Trade

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
Surf watch is my favorite
You won't be disappointed