• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you used this information to deed-back your DRI Timeshare?

• Yes, DRI took back my DRI TimeShare (or DRI said they will take back my TS)

Votes: 148 88.1%
  • No, DRI said they would not take back my TimeShare

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Thanks Brian. I didn’t want to pry too much or sound pushy. Next time we meet up I’ll make a few suggestions and also ask about her other T/S that she doesn’t seem to use much either. She may think she’s stuck, but maybe not.

Flasher42

Reaction score
Any idea if their is a deed back program for Club de Soleil?
I'm totally ready to migrate outta a timeshare

snyderjv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Pointe x 2, Beach Place towers,
Canyon Villas; Diamond points
Can anyone orient me to transitions at Diamond?
We can’t travel any more. I’ve been sent via phone to a ‘transitions’ number & was told after a long wait that I was in line with a 68 minute wait time.

Now my colleague who’s listed as ok to use my account called or e-tested to use some of the ~40,00o points for this year was blocked with a note I owe$7772.66 fee.
That could be - I think I have not received emails & I think I was paying monthly but how can I learn more?

I just spoke with Tashara (sp?) @8773747528 who verified the debt but when I asked re transitions the line went dead..

This doesn’t have a good feel -Any help appreciated.

[I haven't paid due attention, do not have convenient access to the data they list as necessary to transition]
Jim

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Can anyone orient me to transitions at Diamond?
We can’t travel any more. I’ve been sent via phone to a ‘transitions’ number & was told after a long wait that I was in line with a 68 minute wait time.

Now my colleague who’s listed as ok to use my account called or e-tested to use some of the ~40,00o points for this year was blocked with a note I owe$7772.66 fee.
That could be - I think I have not received emails & I think I was paying monthly but how can I learn more?

I just spoke with Tashara (sp?) @8773747528 who verified the debt but when I asked re transitions the line went dead..

This doesn’t have a good feel -Any help appreciated.

[I haven't paid due attention, do not have convenient access to the data they list as necessary to transition]
Jim
Transitions probably won't be able to help you if you have past due maintenance fees. In order to deed back, the week must be paid off and maintenance fees are paid up to date.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Transitions probably won't be able to help you if you have past due maintenance fees. In order to deed back, the week must be paid off and maintenance fees are paid up to date.
You must up in all your maintenance and Club Fees.
Plus, your timeshare must be paid off.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thanks for this, have updated the contact details in the first post with the new email/phone.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hi HVG/DRI Folks - David here from Vistana Forum.

Our elderly neighbors (late-80s) have what they called a deeded Diamond property that they bought years ago in south Kauai (not sure of exact location).

Is this HGV/DRI transition still active?
It’s paid for and MFs are up to date.

Like many - they are paying, but not using it. They said they could no longer book anything worth it to them. (?)

I told them I would help out as they are not computer savvy.

Does it have value or give away? Sorry, I hate answering this question myself with little info other than was deeded Diamond from south Kauai.
I can try and find out more.
TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arodrig161

TUG Member
Reaction score

Our elderly neighbors (late-80s) have what they called a deeded Diamond property that they bought years ago in south Kauai (not sure of exact location).

Like many - they are paying, but not using it. They said they could no longer book anything worth it to them. (?)

Does it have value or give away? Sorry, I hate answering this question myself with little info other than was deeded Diamond from south Kauai.
TIA

Hi David,

I used the Diamond resorts Transition program to give back my time share. I had 30,000 points. I do not believed the time share was deeded. It was paid off and this years MF were paid. I used the information from this thread to help guide me through the process. I started the process on June 1, of this year and received acceptance mid August. I am still waiting for any type of confirming letter stated the process is complete, but I believe it is since I no longer see any financial information on the Diamond Resorts web site.

Andy

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
More information is needed. It is most likely a True Deed for Point at Poipu. If yes it has some value.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

TIA

More information is needed. It is most likely a True Deed for Point at Poipu. If yes it has some value.
I agree with Geist. If they've never succumbed to any "upgrade" sales pitches, it is likely a deeded property. The only question is what view category the deed belongs to.

If you can see the deed, try figure out if the deed is Type II (unassigned view, and likely most valuable), Type II-A (ocean front, and equal to Type II in value), Type II-B (ocean view); type II-C (partial ocean view), and Type II-D (garden view, least valuable but can probably give away without seller inducements).

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I agree with Geist. If they've never succumbed to any "upgrade" sales pitches, it is likely a deeded property. The only question is what view category the deed belongs to.

If you can see the deed, try figure out if the deed is Type II (unassigned view, and likely most valuable), Type II-A (ocean front, and equal to Type II in value), Type II-B (ocean view); type II-C (partial ocean view), and Type II-D (garden view, least valuable but can probably give away without seller inducements).

Excellent info. I will follow up with them.

From their description, it is likely the Poipu location. They mentioned never altered their ownership since they purchased.

NachoDaddy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powhatan Plantation

From their description, it is likely the Poipu location. They mentioned never altered their ownership since they purchased.

P@P (Point @ Poipu) is the only location on Kauai that Diamond owns.

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought I would relate my experience with the Transitions program.

As is discussed on this forum and others, there comes a time when TS ownership becomes a liability, not an asset. Such was my determination. Therefore, after completing a careful analysis of my options and the likelihood of success in any and considering the time factor involved, the best route was determined to be applying to the Transitions program.

In summary, the process followed the following path. I purchased two deeds at the same resort from the developer two years apart in the pre-internet and pre-Sunterra days. I called telephones the Transitions program in mid September of last year and spoke to a Transitions Counselor. The office is in Orlando, Fl. The caller is advised that all calls are recorded for training and quality assurance. However, Fl is a "two party consent state" meaning that if one party wants to record a conversation, the other party must consent. It works both ways.

I disclosed membership information and the very polite gentleman on the line said that i would be getting a return phone call. The return call did not come. One week later I called and also sent a request via email to the address given repeating the same information. I did receive a call back. The only question was: "Is there anything we can do to change your mind?" I answered honestly and that was it. I was told I that on the basis of my response and the status of my ownership, I qualified.

One month to the day later, I received an email stating that my "application to the Transitions program was approved."

Then, around Thanksgiving, I received a detailed set of informational instructions intended to direct me through the process. It was quite detailed. To proceed, each contract for consideration requires the payment of $1,000.00 (USD) payable to the Title company DRI has contracted with in the state in which the TS is located. Payment was made in December and a receipt secured.

One month late, I received a FedEx with legal papers requiring attestation and Notary seal in order to transfer the deeds. Today, I received an email copy of both deeds that were conveyed to DRI's Development Co. In short, the process took five months. I am now DRI free.

Everyone I spoke to and communicated with was friendly and helpful. Unlike an "owner's update," this was a benign experience.

Last edited:

nomoretslt

Reaction score
Congratulations @Arusso . Their price has increased a bit .. back in 2017 or 18…I thankfully found TUG and was able to do a deed back for a timeshare an acquaintance gave me. It was right outside of DisneyWorld so I was like “sure”. We already had several DVC contracts but I figured how bad could it be. 😂😂
looked like the place had not been updated since it was built. The recreational facilities were very run down. It had plenty of space and the location was okay, but after 3 stays I had enough. The fees were $950 a year and trying to rent was kind of fruitless.
It cost me $250 to complete the deedback and was worth every penny. I felt like I could breathe a lot easier. And I didn’t even have an initial investment to worry about. It did take a number of months…..way near the beginning of this thread is my story.
im glad they are continuing this program. It at least gives people a way out.
congratulations again and thanks for sharing your story.

VJIorizzo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton/Diamond Resorts
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to drop in and let you know that the Hilton/Diamond Transition program still is active. They are currently in the process of terminating our timeshare. We are not responsible for any maintenance fees for 2024 and will have to pay $1000 when we are notified that everything went through.

Here is the current email address and phone number for them:

Transitions@hgv.com
Phone: 855-342-3689

We were able to terminate our timeshare agreement using the following letter if anyone wants a template to use:

Dear Sir or Madam:
This letter serves as a formal request to immediately terminate our timeshare contract. We are NOT interested in a resale, beneficiary transfer or any other ownership opportunities.
Resort:
Original Developer:
Owners Names:
Member Number:
Purchase Date:
Inventory Owned:

We are current on maintenance fees and do not carry a mortgage balance.
A variety of factors have contributed towards this request for immediate termination of our timeshare contract:
  • Increased yearly maintenance fees that have become unaffordable
  • Inability to travel to destinations because they are always unavailable
  • The timeshare is not what it was originally sold as
  • We do not want to pass the financial burden on to family
We expect a response acknowledging receipt of our correspondence within 14 days.

We can be contacted via the following:

I hope that this can help others like it helped us!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Did you follow up with them? If you know, what was the outcome and what is their current status?

Nlovewmaui

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was directed here after I posted my thread elsewhere...
My mom got sucked into buying a time share over a decade ago on our very first trip to Maui. She "purchased" a Diamond Resort time share at a Kaanapali, Hawaii for several thousand dollars, and then annually, she had to pay maintenance fees. As many know, those maintenance fees were not fixed and each year it has been going up and up. I believe initially, it was only a couple hundred and now it is in the tune of thousands.
Fast forward to today, my mom does not use the timeshare nearly enough to justify the cost. She told me she found a company (Hilton Grand Vacations/Grand Vacations Title) that has a "Transitions" program that will allegedly help her get rid of her timeshare, if she pays them $1,000.00. The company is Hilton Grand Vacations/Grand Vacations Title. I looked over the documents they sent for her to sign and I'm not quite sure this will actually help her be free & clear of the timeshare forever.
Anyone have experience using them and know if they're legit?

Much appreciated!
Mahalo

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was directed here after I posted my thread elsewhere...
My mom got sucked into buying a time share over a decade ago on our very first trip to Maui. She "purchased" a Diamond Resort time share at a Kaanapali, Hawaii for several thousand dollars, and then annually, she had to pay maintenance fees. As many know, those maintenance fees were not fixed and each year it has been going up and up. I believe initially, it was only a couple hundred and now it is in the tune of thousands.
Fast forward to today, my mom does not use the timeshare nearly enough to justify the cost. She told me she found a company (Hilton Grand Vacations/Grand Vacations Title) that has a "Transitions" program that will allegedly help her get rid of her timeshare, if she pays them $1,000.00. The company is Hilton Grand Vacations/Grand Vacations Title. I looked over the documents they sent for her to sign and I'm not quite sure this will actually help her be free & clear of the timeshare forever.

Much appreciated!
Mahalo
Dear Mahalo, The Transitions program is indeed legit. Please read my post on this page (#47) of the thread. I go into detail of how the HGV Transitions program worked for me. If your mom has an ownership contract not encumbered by financing and has paid all maintenance fees (MF) to date, including the MF in the year you make application to be considered, AND you meet ALL other criteria to be considered for the Transitions program, just follow the instructions they send. In my case, I applied by phone and explained that due to age and health concerns, I am no longer able to enjoy continued ownership. That was it. Tip: I recorded each conversation by listing the date, time and person to whom I was speaking. They, in turn voice record all conversations. That is the standard, so I did the same. Once I received notification (via USPS) that my application was approved for consideration, I was directed to pay the $1,000.00 fee. I called the number on the letter and paid by cc. HGV Transitions transmis the payment info to the Title company. Assuming your property is deeded, HGV uses a title service in the state where the property is physically located to do a title search.. Then, an attorney drafts the transfer of ownership paperwork and it is filed with the county clerk's office. From the time I paid the fee to the receipt of the conveyance document (the document lists the new owner) four weeks had elapsed. In the world of real-estate and legal processes, this is reasonable. When DRI initiated the Transitions program, the fee was $250.00. If memory serves, this fee is only applicable in Arizona. Good luck.

Nlovewmaui

Reaction score
Dear Mahalo, The Transitions program is indeed legit. Please read my post on this page (#47) of the thread. I go into detail of how the HGV Transitions program worked for me. If your mom has an ownership contract not encumbered by financing and has paid all maintenance fees (MF) to date, including the MF in the year you make application to be considered, AND you meet ALL other criteria to be considered for the Transitions program, just follow the instructions they send. In my case, I applied by phone and explained that due to age and health concerns, I am no longer able to enjoy continued ownership. That was it. Tip: I recorded each conversation by listing the date, time and person to whom I was speaking. They, in turn voice record all conversations. That is the standard, so I did the same. Once I received notification (via USPS) that my application was approved for consideration, I was directed to pay the $1,000.00 fee. I called the number on the letter and paid by cc. HGV Transitions transmis the payment info to the Title company. Assuming your property is deeded, HGV uses a title service in the state where the property is physically located to do a title search.. Then, an attorney drafts the transfer of ownership paperwork and it is filed with the county clerk's office. From the time I paid the fee to the receipt of the conveyance document (the document lists the new owner) four weeks had elapsed. In the world of real-estate and legal processes, this is reasonable. When DRI initiated the Transitions program, the fee was $250.00. If memory serves, this fee is only applicable in Arizona. Good luck.
Thank you for the info and reference to your post. Much appreciated!

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info and reference to your post. Much appreciated!
My pleasure.....This is why the TUG community exists - owners, former owners, and just knowledgeable people whose purpose is altruism - to help others. The best part is that the information is free.....and no one is trying to sell you something ! Isn't that refreshing?

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
The company is Hilton Grand Vacations/Grand Vacations Title. I looked over the documents they sent for her to sign and I'm not quite sure this will actually help her be free & clear of the timeshare forever.
FYI, in 2021, Diamond Resorts was purchased by Hilton Grand Vacations. It's really the same company, just with a new name. Diamond had established the Transitions Program before they were purchased by Hilton.

Benny23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Max
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to drop in and let you know that the Hilton/Diamond Transition program still is active. They are currently in the process of terminating our timeshare. We are not responsible for any maintenance fees for 2024 and will have to pay $1000 when we are notified that everything went through.

Here is the current email address and phone number for them:

Transitions@hgv.com
Phone: 855-342-3689

We were able to terminate our timeshare agreement using the following letter if anyone wants a template to use:

Dear Sir or Madam:
This letter serves as a formal request to immediately terminate our timeshare contract. We are NOT interested in a resale, beneficiary transfer or any other ownership opportunities.
Resort:
Original Developer:
Owners Names:
Member Number:
Purchase Date:
Inventory Owned:

We are current on maintenance fees and do not carry a mortgage balance.
A variety of factors have contributed towards this request for immediate termination of our timeshare contract:
  • Increased yearly maintenance fees that have become unaffordable
  • Inability to travel to destinations because they are always unavailable
  • The timeshare is not what it was originally sold as
  • We do not want to pass the financial burden on to family
We expect a response acknowledging receipt of our correspondence within 14 days.

We can be contacted via the following:

I hope that this can help others like it helped us!
Oh man this is perfect! I’m going to try the process tonight and hopefully I get accepted as well, thanks for this!!

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh man this is perfect! I’m going to try the process tonight and hopefully I get accepted as well, thanks for this!!
You can certainly send in a letter or for a quicker response, you can call at the number listed for the Transitions program. The office is in Orlando, Fl. When you call, they will, as usual, ask for permission to voice record the conversation. My advice is to do the same. be certain you get the agent's full name. They will ask you questions to see if you qualify. They will look up your file. The list of qualifiers is published and reproduced as the letter indicates. If it is determined you qualify, you will be asked "Is there anything we can do to change your mind?" or similar language. A word to the wise is sufficient - if you know what I mean. In my case from the initial phone call was in September 2023. I received the acceptance letter / email a few weeks later. I paid the fee in early January and received the conveyance document (this is the document that lists the new owner - Diamond Properties) one month later. I did not have to pay the 2024 maintenance fees. Good luck !