• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you used this information to deed-back your DRI Timeshare?

• Yes, DRI took back my DRI TimeShare (or DRI said they will take back my TS)

Votes: 148 87.6%
  • No, DRI said they would not take back my TimeShare

Votes: 21 12.4%

• Total voters

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
so much good karma in this thread!!

tatvan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate
Diamond Takeback

I looked back on my previous TUG receipts ....this is the first time I received this post!
I have a "library" of my TUG newsletters.
why would I not have this post from last month?
I will send out my request to Diamond shortly and hope I am not late.Had I known sooner it would have been done.
Really want to know why I would not have received that "post"! Does TUG have different mailings?

thanks
Tatvan

marg2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diamond took back our Sedona deeded week. We are pleased.

littleredride, were you with Sedona Vacation Club or Premiere Vacation Collection (Premiere Vacation Club with ILX) ?

I'm so relieved to see that Diamond is doing this. I'm PVC (but was Sedona Vacation club before ILX convinced me to upgrade to PVC) and don't think I want to hang onto it past another 5 years or so...maintenance fees are much too high. So I'll keep my eye on this DRI site for an opportunity another time to ask DRI to take mine back, too.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I looked back on my previous TUG receipts ....this is the first time I received this post!
I have a "library" of my TUG newsletters.
why would I not have this post from last month?
I will send out my request to Diamond shortly and hope I am not late.Had I known sooner it would have been done.
Really want to know why I would not have received that "post"! Does TUG have different mailings?

thanks
Tatvan

only 4 highlighted threads go into the newsletter each week, up until this week this thread was not in the newsletter.

you can however subscribe to this subforum so any posts here would send you a notification via email to keep more current if you dont visit or log in every day.

forum subscriptions are done from the menu bar at the top - click "forum tools" then click "subscribe to this forum"

make sure you are in the root of the DRI forum before you do this, otherwise itll just subscribe you to an individual thread, vs the entire DRI forum.

marg2

TUG Member
Reaction score
only 4 highlighted threads go into the newsletter each week, up until this week this thread was not in the newsletter.

you can however subscribe to this subforum so any posts here would send you a notification via email to keep more current if you dont visit or log in every day.

good plan. Because I don't log in frequently, I'm likely to miss notifications like this; however I don't really want to subscribe to anything DRI related, just deed backs, so I'll follow this thread.

Thanks so much for getting this onto the newsletter :clap::clap:. It gives me hope :banana::banana: that I can one day dispose of my timeshare.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ah ok...no problem at all! subscribing to this thread is just as handy! =)

tidefan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sent in e-mail yesterday. Have not heard anything yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sorry I've been out of the loop

Just got back this past weekend from being out of town, and what should I find in the mailbox but an envelope from DRI with the paperwork to get rid of our points membership!

We went to the local notary right after work this afternoon and got everything signed and stamped, and I just wrote out a check to DRI for the $250 processing fee. Tomorrow I go to the post office and send in everything certified mail.

Can't wait until I hear the final word that we are over and done with everything!

Last edited:

RexWW1

Reaction score
credit implications

I work in lending, and have seen these timeshares show up as foreclosures on credit reports. does anyone have knowledge on whether these deedbacks would reflect as a foreclosure, deed in lieu of foreclosure, or a voluntary repo on your credit? We are looking to buy a house next year and id rather just keep the timeshare rather than destroy my credit.

tidefan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still no reply e-mail. How long did it take everyone to hear from DRI?

Bill4728

Reaction score
I work in lending, and have seen these timeshares show up as foreclosures on credit reports. does anyone have knowledge on whether these deedbacks would reflect as a foreclosure, deed in lieu of foreclosure, or a voluntary repo on your credit? We are looking to buy a house next year and id rather just keep the timeshare rather than destroy my credit.
The paper work is straight forward, you are transferring your TS to them. There is no language in the paperwork at all which "deed in lieu of foreclosure" is even hinted at. So I do not believe that this will effect your credit at all.

Was anybody able to get rid of your mgv? and how long it took you and how much you have to pay them?
Thanks
YES as of the late march they were accepting Monarch Grand There charge $250 to cover the "cost"

john2870

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert, Paniolo Greens
We still haven't heard anything back from Diamond as of yet. I'll let you know if we hear; sure hoping so.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Is anyone had DRI finalize the transfer yet?

They still have not cashed my check.

They cashed my check today. So I'm guessing that I'm close to being done.

Last edited:

Tye8len9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill
I'm still waiting on them to finalize my contracts, they received all my transfer documents and checks and told me all is good should be completed in 30 days or so??

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Just going through and deleting old email, and found this message I got from DRI back in 2008. I declined their offer.

Thank you for responding to our offer. We have reviewed your ownership and
would like to extend an offer to repurchase your interval.

System Contract# (deleted)
Inventory: (deleted)
Offer: $5452.05

If this offer is acceptable please respond within 14 days from today.

Upon acceptance documents will be drafted and sent to you for execution. Upon
our receipt of the executed documents a check for the purchase price will be
forwarded to you.

Should you have further questions regarding this or any other matter, you may
reply to this e-mail or contact our Repurchase Counselors at (888) 250-6135.

Sincerely,

- Shannon Goebel --
Diamond Resorts International®

PatJones

Reaction score
Diamond Resorts

The financial dept apparently Voluntary Surrender Program:

In order to qualify, the HOA must be up-to-date and the owner must have a zero balance on the loan.

To start this process, the owner must send an email to: lossmitigation@diamondresorts.com with the subject line stating: Inventory Takeback.

In the email itself the owner must include:
-Resort Name
-Owner(s) Name(s)
-Account Number
-Inventory owned (ie. weeks, points, etc)
-any other important information regarding the deed

within 7-10 business days, the Diamond Resorts will send an action required correspondence, where the owner will have 15 days to return.

Note: the owner is responsible for any fees associated with the paper work, such as notary, postage etc.

Will this work in UK?

Bill4728

Reaction score

PatJones

Reaction score
Thanks for feed back. I will give it a try,
will let you know how I get on.

Wish me luck. So glad I found this site.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
best of luck! We are glad you found us too! =)

Tye8len9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a update checked my account this morning my 3 Monarch contracts are no longer showing so they have been transferred out. Yahoo!!!