• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have you used this information to deed-back your DRI Timeshare?

• Yes, DRI took back my DRI TimeShare (or DRI said they will take back my TS)

Votes: 148 88.1%
  • No, DRI said they would not take back my TimeShare

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
3/2023 update with new contact details for program:

Transitions@hgv.com and phone# 855-342-3689

Original announcement of program back in 2017:

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/transitions-is-finally-announced.267181/

In order to qualify, the HOA (MFs) must be up-to-date and the owner must have a zero balance on the loan.

To start this process, the owner must send an email to: Transitions@hgv.com , lossmitigation@diamondresorts.com and or leadcollector@diamondresorts.com with the subject line stating: Inventory Takeback.

In the email itself the owner must include:
-Resort Name
-Owner(s) Name(s)
-Account Number
-Inventory owned (ie. weeks, points, etc)
-any other important information regarding the deed

within 7-10 business days, the Diamond Resorts will send an action required correspondence, where the owner will have 15 days to return.

Note: the owner is responsible for any fees associated with the paper work, such as notary, postage etc.

Admin edit: If transitions is not an option for you due to buying resale, here are some other options:

Old phone number kept just in case! 877-497-7521, option 1 English, then 3 is direct to Loss Mitigation.

Last edited:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
How did you find out about this? Is there an official announcement?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
TUG secret squirrel network!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
oh good call on that typo!

the secret squirrel has been shot and replaced with a gopher.

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
WOW!!! That is really great news.

I'm on it right now.

The following was posted in Mar 2016

we have heard from a number of owners that when contacting DRI directly (not using the email or numbers provided in the thread) that most are told the same thing...mainly that DRI is not taking back intervals so clearly this program is not one that is shared with most employees who would interact with owners.

its also very common knowledge that the "relief" companies are targetting DRI owners heavily given its a super easy solution to charge someone a few thousand dollars knowing full well DRI will take back the interval for $250 easy peasy.....instant profit for these shysters.

It is sad that so many in this industry seem to make owners walk a never ending uphill battle to get correct, honest and truthful information these days.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It seems like DRI does this periodically. They also seem to have quotas so if you are interested I wouldn't wait. In the past I have seen where they wouldn't guarantee that if you waited to use this year's usage that the offer would still be available. They also did not reimburse you if you did not get usage.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It seems like DRI does this periodically. They also seem to have quotas so if you are interested I wouldn't wait. In the past I have seen where they wouldn't guarantee that if you waited to use this year's usage that the offer would still be available. They also did not reimburse you if you did not get usage.

I suspect that this type of program is going to increasingly be available in the future. In "owners updates" I have often asked why I should not be able to give to DRI my deed/points when I no longer wish to own them, so that they can turn around and sell them for $50k to $100k (which is their current "going price" on the sales floor for what I own)??? What kind of sustainable business model would say "No" to that?

It just seems to me that there's too much logic for them to accept deedbacks, with whatever throttle is needed to ensure that they are not overwhelmed with inventory they can't turn in a reasonable time frame.

tidefan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this just for points, or would deeded properties (such as St Maarten) be included?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Monarch Grand Vacations (now part of DRI) included in the deed back?

My uncle bought from the developer 10+ years and ago and has only used it this year - only because I just found out he had a timeshare and offered to help him use it by me finding the weeks he can use. He really just wants out though.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I am not sure on the last two items, but I believe a deedback situation is one where it isnt going to hurt you to try...and the cost involved is limited to a phone call and or an email.

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
printing press

What kind of sustainable business model would say "No" to that?

Their business model is based on a 3-4% yearly return of contracts. Offering an official process instead of just relying on non-payment seems fairly prudent.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
did get another recent confirmation from a member that they were able to successfully Deedback their DRI interval!

Bill4728

Reaction score
I emailed them my info and got back an automated message with a "ticket number"
They said I should hear back from them soon.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
excellent!

I would be interested to know what the "Fee" is for deeding back your unit.

Bill4728

Reaction score
excellent!

I would be interested to know what the "Fee" is for deeding back your unit.
I'll be sure to post more details later

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thank you sir!

Reaction score
Just joined TUG BBS because of this info

I literally stumbled across this forum last Saturday morning, searching for ways to get out of my membership with THE Club. I am SO glad I did!

Just this past Friday I met with a rep with a new company that uses legal tactics to get people out of their timeshare contracts, and I left feeling worse than when I went in. Seems like they had zero clue when I repeatedly explained that my wife and I are DRI members who have a points/trust contract instead of an actual deed.

Anyways, back to last Saturday - after finding this thread I emailed DRI's Loss Mitigation division and gave them the info you listed, followed shortly thereafter with an automated ticket saying one of their people would get back to me within 1-2 business days. If they don't then I will call them, and will continue to do so until I speak with someone and get this going.

Thank you so much again, TUGBBS. I was at wit's end until I discovered you guys. And talk about timing - the very next day after having that disappointing meeting!

Last edited:

Anderchuck

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally Some Good News

I have been following threads on TUG for quite some time hoping to find a way to "get rid of" my DRI contracts. Nice to see there may be a solution that benefits owners and HOA/Resorts. Interested to know what DRI contracts qualify or potentially don't. I am sending my emails in today. I'll update here when I get one.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
am loving how this thread is turning out!!!!

Peterh1952

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been following threads on TUG for quite some time hoping to find a way to "get rid of" my DRI contracts. Nice to see there may be a solution that benefits owners and HOA/Resorts. Interested to know what DRI contracts qualify or potentially don't. I am sending my emails in today. I'll update here when I get one.

This has certainly generated some interest. I am beginning to wonder, though, how DRI is managing the avalanche of requests they have probably received. I sent my e-mail at midnight last Thursday, and, like others, received immediate confirmation of receipt and a 'ticket number' The pledge in the auto-message was that a 'DRI team member' would be in touch within 2 business days. We are now closing in on 4 and no response yet. Has anyone received anything?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im not sure TUG has created an "avalanche" so to speak....a few dozen requests certainly should not overwhelm a company of that size.

afaik this isnt something they have plastered on their website anywhere, but it is nice to get the word out to needy DRI owners who just want out!