• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Steamboat Springs in August?

SeattleJohn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like many folks, we are looking to use some SOs before 2021 ends. (We just returned from a nice trip to Westin Desert Willow.) I checked and there is good availability at Steamboat Springs for late August and we are considering booking. I am curious if anyone has stayed there in the summer and could provide some insight on things to do there as a family. My wife and I are super active and love trail running, hiking and mountain biking. We will have our three boys in tow, 14, 12 and 5. They are also really active kids, but obviously they reach their saturation point pretty early when it comes to hiking/biking, so we would love to find other activities like zip lines and water slides. We also like to have some nice pool time =)

Thanks in advance!
Seattle John

rcv82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SMV
WKORV (OFD)
Westin Flex
MVC Trust
GTL
GP8
CWA
We will be there Labor Day weekend. Steamboat has some of the best mountain biking around. We really like that trails on Emerald Mountain which are on the south side of downtown. You can mountain bike at the resort itself and have your bikes hauled up if you like. They also have a mountain coaster (fun but very expensive). There is also a lake in a state park northwest of town where you can rent boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Strawberry park and Old Town hot springs are both fun. I like Strawberry better, it is in natural setting, but not sure how you and your boys tolerate some partial nudity. Steamboat Springs area is also known for rafting and horseback riding. it is a great place for family vacation.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
How's the temperature? Does the resort have air conditioning?

rcv82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SMV
WKORV (OFD)
Westin Flex
MVC Trust
GTL
GP8
CWA
Steamboat is lower in elevation than most Colorado resort towns, and it can occasionally get “hot” (meaning around 90 with low humidity). Yes, it is air conditioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
The local saying “You come for the winter but stay for summer” is true.

One thing to be aware of is the entire base area will be involved in destruction and construction including tearing down the gondola building and relocating the loading station about 200 yds up the hill. They will be running the Christy express for uphill transport.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
The local saying “You come for the winter but stay for summer” is true.

One thing to be aware of is the entire base area will be involved in destruction and construction including tearing down the gondola building and relocating the loading station about 200 yds up the hill. They will be running the Christy express for uphill transport.

Cheers

Can you elaborate on how does this impact those staying at the resort? I have never been to steamboat so do not know what kind of impact this is going to have. I have a reservation at the villas earlier September.
thanks

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Can you elaborate on how does this impact those staying at the resort? I have never been to steamboat so do not know what kind of impact this is going to have. I have a reservation at the villas earlier September.
thanks

The Westin is located at the base where the work will be done. Most of the activities, bike trails, Mountain Coaster, miniature golf which are at the base of the mountain will be operating. Uphill transport of hikers and bikers (including bikes will be via the Christy Express (and I think Thunderhead Express) which will get you to where the Gondola runs, about 2/3 of the way to the summit.

The work is scheduled to start this week on the gondola move. Since it is crucial for the base to be finished by opening day in late November, the bulk of the work should be nearing completion by September.

I suggest you check the Steamboat Resort web site www.steamboat.com and Westin for information as it becomes available.

There’s lots to do besides the mountain activities. Hiking and biking on Emerald Mountain across the valley from Steamboat Resort, Alpine Slide on Howelsen Hill downtown, hiking in the Flatops, Tubing on the Yampa River, several trail riding operations and the already mention hot springs.

Cheers