• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Staying at Hilton/Old Diamond Powhattan Did Sales Presentation..Warning RCI exchangers pay $25 day fees TripAdvisor deleted my post

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well latest game is 8000 pts for $32,000 Today Only, this get you a 1 bedrm after we told sales rep we only stay in 2 bedrm 2 bath units (we own weeks and trade in RCI)..Get this Sales rep using old trade book with Diamond logos all over and other material , all with Diamond name.Come on Hilton, you are Hilton .So 1 bedrm 8000 pts at $4 pt(Today only) so 2 bedrm 2 bath 16,000 pts $64,000 W O W plus todays maintenance $1100 a yr (going up all the time)..Never happen..To finish up another salesman said pay $1695 now take a vacation at 8 selected resorts in 18 months, do a sales again "We will give you your $1695 back" Yeah, Right !!! First off , bet you cant get a res when you want, if at all...Let me tell you about the rooms here, 2 bedrm 2 bath..very low ceilings "dark" renovated 4 years ago...Noisy upstairs feet, (we are ground floor) only 2 gas grills on property over by pool complex,Goose droppings all over, small checkin area (Same old place, we were here 20 yrs ago)..res too small to check everyone in...in all fairness we have new appliances,new bathrooms,new patio doors but same old units..Not Hilton Quality Yet !!! Told by Guest Services, Hilton spent $13 million so far in upgrades but still same old 2 story Aptmt complexes.

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
IMHO ... it is a dud of a place to buy.

That said, I don't mind exchanging in (especially for a long weekend) every once in a while. (I live 2 hours away.)

Because of the resort fee, it can be booked for minimal trading power through RCI in all but peak seasons. If you only stay for a long weekend, the resort fee is partially refundable.

It is probably #5 or so in terms of where I would pick to stay in Williamsburg.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well latest game is 8000 pts for $32,000 Today Only, this get you a 1 bedrm after we told sales rep we only stay in 2 bedrm 2 bath units (we own weeks and trade in RCI)..Get this Sales rep using old trade book with Diamond logos all over and other material , all with Diamond name.Come on Hilton, you are Hilton .So 1 bedrm 8000 pts at $4 pt(Today only) so 2 bedrm 2 bath 16,000 pts $64,000 W O W plus todays maintenance $1100 a yr (going up all the time)..Never happen..To finish up another salesman said pay $1695 now take a vacation at 8 selected resorts in 18 months, do a sales again "We will give you your $1695 back" Yeah, Right !!! First off , bet you cant get a res when you want, if at all...Let me tell you about the rooms here, 2 bedrm 2 bath..very low ceilings "dark" renovated 4 years ago...Noisy upstairs feet, (we are ground floor) only 2 gas grills on property over by pool complex,Goose droppings all over, small checkin area (Same old place, we were here 20 yrs ago)..res too small to check everyone in...in all fairness we have new appliances,new bathrooms,new patio doors but same old units..Not Hilton Quality Yet !!! Told by Guest Services, Hilton spent $13 million so far in upgrades but still same old 2 story Aptmt complexes.
Did sales say how many units have been updated at Powhatan to Hilton standards?

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
This unit we are in supposedly updated..No Way, this is same old place we stayed at 20 plus years ago..this is No Hilton !!! Let me explain..Originally this was Sentara then Diamond now Hilton..From what I can see these units turnover in a couple of days..Yes Pts but someong came in above us yesterday,Memorial Day..Who comes in Memorial night?? Promotions thats who..Come see us, we will put you up and you just have to attend our Timeshare Presentation And others are rentalls. Person before them ,above us, told me he went online to Hilton for 2 night Hotel room and wound up here..Hiltons using this as an extention of their Hotels, but trust me these are no Hiltons..ugh!!!

Last edited:

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
at one time they had huge hot tubs on the first floor of the 2 bedroom units. 25 dollars a day is crazy for what. I saw that years ago and never stay their for that reason.

Daniel

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The towels say Hilton!!

Other than that token "upgrade." I don't see Powhatan ever being a Hilton-class resort.

funtime2

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $25 a day is why I didn't book there and will not as long as there are other options.

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
at one time they had huge hot tubs on the first floor of the 2 bedroom units. 25 dollars a day is crazy for what. I saw that years ago and never stay their for that reason.

Daniel
Yeah, now that room is a sun room with no sun, views of white walls on left and right with 2 wicker chairs and remember the wood all around..its still there and they removed the skylights...same old Sentara/Diamond with Hilton name...they tried to make it better but even pictures in frames are wrinkled posters..We stayed here as alternative to driving home then back again to Chincotegue..Did timesahre pres at Kingscreek,where we stayed for 2 weeks, boy do they have a scam going..got $125 got here got rebate by doing sales pres only paying fee 1 night $28...so Net $100 heading to Chincotegue for 2 weeks...Kingscreek wants you to buy 4 bed 4 bath unit (2 lockoffs) for $54,000 plus closing etc and the scam is they use a "separate" rental company that guarantees min check of $1400 week renting anything you own (yeah right,and I sell snowballs in the winter) they cal it R O I program Return On Investment..They do not charge any amenties fees

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
ro
Yeah, now that room is a sun room with no sun, views of white walls on left and right with 2 wicker chairs and remember the wood all around..its still there and they removed the skylights...same old Sentara/Diamond with Hilton name...they tried to make it better but even pictures in frames are wrinkled posters..We stayed here as alternative to driving home then back again to Chincotegue..Did timesahre pres at Kingscreek,where we stayed for 2 weeks, boy do they have a scam going..got $125 got here got rebate by doing sales pres only paying fee 1 night $28...so Net $100 heading to Chincotegue for 2 weeks...Kingscreek wants you to buy 4 bed 4 bath unit (2 lockoffs) for $54,000 plus closing etc and the scam is they use a "separate" rental company that guarantees min check of $1400 week renting anything you own (yeah right,and I sell snowballs in the winter) they cal it R O I program Return On Investment..They do not charge any amenties fees
We were at Kingscreek last week. They don't tour single men I told Amy the sales lady I identify as they. She didn't understand but her partner got it. Girlfriend and I did a tour in January the final offer when they made us walk upstairs was 5000 for a foreclosed Cottage I think. I told them it was cheaper to trade into them to own there. Furniture is worn out in the cottages. It still pretty nice if you get the whole cottage. We got a three bedroom estates exchange Dec 3 with my quiet wyndam studio thru II. It's very convenient for water country and Busch gardens.

Daniel

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of the Activities have a fee though. its nominal
Daniel

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
ro

We were at Kingscreek last week. They don't tour single men I told Amy the sales lady I identify as they. She didn't understand but her partner got it. Girlfriend and I did a tour in January the final offer when they made us walk upstairs was 5000 for a foreclosed Cottage I think. I told them it was cheaper to trade into them to own there. Furniture is worn out in the cottages. It still pretty nice if you get the whole cottage. We got a three bedroom estates exchange Dec 3 with my quiet wyndam studio thru II. It's very convenient for water country and Busch gardens.

Daniel
You are right..hey just went on my travel app..this resort is rated 3 stars...not very good for Hilton

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
ro

Daniel
We do 3 bedrms there a lot.love open space in the cottages

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sunterra did not maintained Powhatan or Greensprings Resort. They did not replaced the living room, dining room furniture or updated the kitchen appliances during their time. IMHO.

NachoDaddy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powhatan Plantation
Yes towels say Hilton...$25 for ???
The $25 per night fee is the daily usage fee. This is the fee people not on Diamond reservations pay to maintain the infrastructure (cable, Internet, pools, gym, etc.....). Even Diamond owners on non-Diamond reservations have to pay the fee.

NachoDaddy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powhatan Plantation
Originally this was Sentara then Diamond now Hilton..
Incorrect. Originally, this was a stand alone resort, then purchased (along with Greensprings) in the mid 90s by Sunterra, then purchased by Diamond in 2007, and lastly purchased by Hilton in 2021.

NachoDaddy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powhatan Plantation
Hard to believe that at one time Powhatan and Greensprings were both Gold Crown resorts under Sunterra. Then Diamond came alone!
Even harder to believe that in 1990, Powhatan was a Gold Crown resort and maint fees on a 4 bdrm unit were only $250 per year!

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sunterra did not maintained Powhatan or Greensprings Resort. They did not replaced the living room, dining room furniture or updated the kitchen appliances during their time. IMHO.
Hilton working on old dingy units replaced appliances new counter tops new bathrooms. still same old rooms

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Kingscreek last week. They don't tour single men I told Amy the sales lady I identify as they. She didn't understand but her partner got it.

Daniel
That's funny! Were you still refused a tour?

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO ... it is a dud of a place to buy.

That said, I don't mind exchanging in (especially for a long weekend) every once in a while. (I live 2 hours away.)

Because of the resort fee, it can be booked for minimal trading power through RCI in all but peak seasons. If you only stay for a long weekend, the resort fee is partially refundable.

It is probably #5 or so in terms of where I would pick to stay in Williamsburg.
Agree