• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stay in bed, Disney fans: Walt Disney World now offers discounted mid-day tickets

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Stay in bed, Disney fans: Walt Disney World now offers discounted mid-day tickets
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...offers-discounted-mid-day-tickets/2052185001/

By David Oliver / Travel / USA TODAY / usatoday.com / Aug 19, 2019

“A dream is a wish your heart makes ‒ and if that wish is to sleep a little longer before heading to Walt Disney World with your kids in tow this fall, you're in luck.

Walt Disney World Resort announced last week a new ticket offering called the Mid-Day Magic Ticket, good for admission to the park after 12 p.m. at a discounted price. The tickets are available for purchase now and can be used on or before Dec. 15, 2019.

Guests can use the special ticket at any of the Disney World parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. Guests can only visit one theme park for day if you go for this option.

The discounted ticket options are as follows (tax not included) for ages 10 and older....”

9E7A2D99-1ED1-4128-9EFC-C90B920EC4B9.jpeg

Photo: Jerome LABOUYRIE/shutterstock

Last edited:

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
To me that is the worst time to visit Disney. The parks are the most crowded and hot during the afternoon.

When we used to go there years ago, we would get up early to be there for the rope drop and left by 1-2 pm to go to the resort to swim and nap. We would go back after dinner to spend the rest of the evening in the park.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is very clever---Disney (via Iger) has said that they plan to use pricing to incentivize different admission patterns to improve guest experience. This seems like one of those---more and more people realize that rope-drop is the best time to be there, and this is a way to move some of that attendance later to better benefit those willing to be there early and who don't mind paying for it.

Gypsy65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HIVC
They need to just have 1-2 nights a week open all night

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
That appeals to me, since I rarely get to a park before noon. Also, as the parks expand, I have less need for a park hopper. There has been an EPCOT after 4 ticket that always appealed to me because most of what I wanted were the shows and dinner after 4. BUT, Disney gives us Florida residents such a great deal on season tickets, it will be hard to not take advantage of the free parking and the discounts, plus they include park hopping. I can break even very quickly with these perks.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
They need to just have 1-2 nights a week open all night
Night owls can already buy special event tickets for "After Hours" or seasonal parties in each park for a night a week or so. From what I've read, attraction wait times range from 0-30 minutes. These are expensive tickets for the few hours provided, IMO. But they are more profitable (per hour) for Disney than keeping the parks open all night.

I just saw a YouTube video where it was mentioned that this year, Disney is offering an in-park upgrade of the MNSSHP (Halloween nighttime event) ticket to a season pass granting access to all MNSSHP nights. Not sure if you have to already be an Annual Passholder or not. If I was local, I'd seriously consider that. Wondering whether they will offer the same thing for the MVMCP (Christmas nighttime event) nights.

EDITED TO ADD:
MNSSHP ticket sales are limited to 20,000 sold per evening party. Party dates are between Aug 16 - Nov 1, 2019. Passholder discounts do apply and single tickets may be purchased online.

Parties begin at 7 pm but guests are usually allowed to enter MK after 4 pm. Dates earlier in the season are less expensive than dates closer to Halloween, ranging from $79-$135/ages 10+ and $74-$130/ages 3-9 (plus tax). Of course, add for parking if you drive from offsite.

The new MNSSHP Pass is currently available in person at a Disney reservations ticket booth or by calling 407-827-7185 - but NOT online. Upgrading an existing party ticket can be done by either method as well. Annual pass is not required. The new MNSSHP Pass costs $299/age 10+ and $284/ages 3-9 (plus tax, I think). This pass is good for EVERY evening that the party is held EXCEPT for October 31st itself.

Hope this helps someone. :)

Last edited:

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is just a way to get people into the parks. I don't think the Star Wars thing will pay for itself any time soon. Prices now are absurd and my guess is that with this economy they probably assumed that people would just keep coming. Some people get to a point where people said enough is enough. I was considering buying an annual pass this spring, but not after the prices went up $400. The stock keeps going up though.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I just went to the Disney site and did not see these available. Got a link as to where they are for sale?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I just went to the Disney site and did not see these available. Got a link as to where they are for sale?
I believe it’s a limited time so you may be looking at a time they aren’t being offered?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I believe it’s a limited time so you may be looking at a time they aren’t being offered?
I'm looking NOW and don't see it. Does anyone know of a link to buy these? I don't even know what they cost, but I suspect I will always be much better off buying a Florida resident pass. I see a few options ranging from $349 to $519. That $349 is less than a 5 day, I think. and this is an annual pass with summer blackout.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm looking NOW and don't see it. Does anyone know of a link to buy these? I don't even know what they cost, but I suspect I will always be much better off buying a Florida resident pass. I see a few options ranging from $349 to $519. That $349 is less than a 5 day, I think. and this is an annual pass with summer blackout.
If you are okay with summer blackout and no Magic Kingdom on Saturday, then the Theme Park Select Pass is probably the best option for the price. There are a few other blackout dates and forget about Galaxies Edge for the first few months it is open.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
OK I found the prices for the Mid-Day Magic ticket:

Mid-Day Magic - no park hopper = from $160.88 for 2 days, $321.76 for 4 days (at least)
This does not include parking or meal discounts
Mid-Day Magic with park hopper = from $230.88 for 2 days, $461.76 for 4 days
Florida resident Annual Pass (silver) with park hopper = $519
This DOES include parking and meal discounts
Florida resident Annual Pass (silver) without park hopper = $439
Also includes parking and discounts
Florida resident Weekday Select pass (no Saturday or Sunday) = $349.
Includes parking and discounts.
We also get a 15% discount if we renew our annual pass by a certain date.

When you factor in the parking at $20 per day and the 20% meal discounts, the annual pass is the way to go for me, especially since I go more than 2 or 3 times a year.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
OK I found the prices for the Mid-Day Magic ticket:

Mid-Day Magic - no park hopper = from $160.88 for 2 days, $321.76 for 4 days (at least)
Mid-Day Magic with park hopper = from $230.88 for 2 days, $461.76 for 4 days
Florida resident Annual Pass (silver) with park hopper = $519
This DOES include parking and meal discounts
Florida resident Annual Pass (silver) without park hopper = $439
Also includes parking and discounts
Weekday Select pass (no Saturday or Sunday) = $349.
Includes parking and discounts.
We also get a 15% discount if we renew our annual pass by a certain date.

When you factor in the parking at $20 per day and the 20% meal discounts, the annual pass is the way to go for me, especially since I go more than 2 or 3 times a year.
I agree that the Florida resident annual passes are a better deal. However, the new mid day passes are open to anyone, not just Florida residents. So they can be a decent deal for those that go for a single trip. Perhaps a way now for those that normally couldn't go to stretch and make a trip.

Lisa P

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Do they offer the Weekday Select pass to anyone who is not a resident of Florida?

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Bottom line is, when going to Disney, you've gotta do the math!
Do they offer the Weekday Select pass to anyone who is not a resident of Florida?
The tickets I mentioned indicate which are resident, the others are not.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I think the moral of the story is DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you decide which ticket to buy!

Lisa P

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
The tickets I mentioned indicate which are resident, the others are not.
Thanks for the clearer edit, that's helpful. :thumbup: I didn't see "Florida" before but then I couldn't find the Weekday Select pass on Disney's website.

We visit the SW Florida gulf coast a few times each year to see snowbird relatives and we spend at least 1 vacation week in the Orlando area yearly. During our Orlando visits, we usually only visit the Disney parks for 1-2 days and rarely during our drive-through stopovers. If Weekday Select was available to us (NC residents), we'd spend much more time at Disney. The regular Annual Passes are just way too pricey for how we travel. Nice perk to being a FL resident. :cool:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Disney takes care of the Florida residents. We usually go 3 times a year, for the Food and Wine Festival, the Flower and Garden Festival, and the Candlelight Procession. Several years we considered just getting the EPCOT after 4 ticket because that's where we go and it is really cheap. But now with all the expansion going on in the other parks, we don't want to restrict ourselves to EPCOT anymore. We mainly go to EPCOT for the music shows and the food. Sadly we have to cancel our Candlelight trip this year to see Gary Sinise due to health issues.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney takes care of the Florida residents. We usually go 3 times a year, for the Food and Wine Festival, the Flower and Garden Festival, and the Candlelight Procession. Several years we considered just getting the EPCOT after 4 ticket because that's where we go and it is really cheap. But now with all the expansion going on in the other parks, we don't want to restrict ourselves to EPCOT anymore. We mainly go to EPCOT for the music shows and the food. Sadly we have to cancel our Candlelight trip this year to see Gary Sinise due to health issues.

Disney knows which side of their bread the butter is on.:) If you think about it, for others there are travel costs involved whether flying or driving that Disney can't get their hands on. Locals are much more likely to spend their $$$ on Disney tix and extras more frequently, so better profit margin than one-time hotel guests IMnsHO.

That's too bad about your trip, but I hope everything turns out okay for you.

Last edited:

this2isme

TUG Member
Reaction score
There may be an advantage to one person in a group having an annual pass for the discounts and parking.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks for the clearer edit, that's helpful. :thumbup: I didn't see "Florida" before but then I couldn't find the Weekday Select pass on Disney's website.

We visit the SW Florida gulf coast a few times each year to see snowbird relatives and we spend at least 1 vacation week in the Orlando area yearly. During our Orlando visits, we usually only visit the Disney parks for 1-2 days and rarely during our drive-through stopovers. If Weekday Select was available to us (NC residents), we'd spend much more time at Disney. The regular Annual Passes are just way too pricey for how we travel. Nice perk to being a FL resident. :cool:
Can your FL relatives get the tickets for?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Can your FL relatives get the tickets for?
Florida residents can't buy passes for their non Florida resident friends and family. Disney checks for residency when you purchase or pickup the passes. If they didn't, there would be a huge cottage industry of people selling tickets to all their "friends".