• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stay at Vistana Beach Club/Invite to Presentation at Oceana Palms

JimS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC; Vistana and Sheraton Flex; Marriott Abound Points; Berkely Orlando (Vacation Village RCI points) and Berkely Vegas (Vacation Village EOY RCI Weeks) and LHC
I am staying at VBC beginning on March 17. I received a call to attend a Marriott presentation at Oceana Palms in Riviera Beach during my stay. Even though I have never bought retail and have not attended any presentation in years, I decided to accept for $200 visa card plus and extra $25 card for gas (was going to WPB for a spring training night game that same day anyway) and day use privileges at the resort after the presentation. Question: Anyone do a presentation at Oceana Palms? Are they only selling Marriott points now? Or are they still pushing the Sheraton Flex/Westin Flex Point programs?

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Oceana Palms is a MVC resort. They wouldn't sell you a Westin/Sheraton Flex product, and they are probably not even that familiar with it.

You will get the Abound points pitch and possibly a bundle offer (week + points) if you start arguing about how bad/expensive their points product is.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Only a few Vistana properties are still pushing Westin & Sheraton Flex. While the gas card covers the fuel expense of the one hour drive. The extra two hours of driving would make this a non starter for us. Vistana Beach Club just lacks a sales office but there is still a salesperson at Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort, but they don't push sales there either.