• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stay At Home Humor

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Is that a Nash or a Metropolitan? My dad had two or three Metropolitans in the late 50s-early 60s to drive to and from work. When he got the first one the three of us kids could fit easily and comfortably in the back seat. When he traded in the last one, I don’t think even one of us could sit up straight back there.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Is that a Nash or a Metropolitan?
Variously Marketed as:
Nash Metropolitan (1954-1957)
Hudson Metropolitan (1954-1957)
Metropolitan by American Motors (1958-1962)
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_Metropolitan

I mainly remember it as the car Lois Lane drove in the '50's Superman series
i055760.jpg

This is Phyllis Coates from the Superman and the Mole People, movie in 1951. The TV series started the next year with Coates, who was replaced in 1953 by the Lois Lane I remember, played by Noel Neill. I haven't been able to locate a picture of Neill with the car.
a.jpg

Noel Neill and George Reeves

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Variously Marketed as:
Nash Metropolitan (1954-1957)
Hudson Metropolitan (1954-1957)
Metropolitan by American Motors (1958-1962)
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nash_Metropolitan

I mainly remember it as the car Lois Lane drove in the '50's Superman series
i055760.jpg

This is Phyllis Coates from the Superman and the Mole People, movie in 1951. The TV series started the next year with Coates, who was replaced in 1953 by the Lois Lane I remember, played by Noel Neill. I haven't been able to locate a picture of Neill with the car.
View attachment 74242
Noel Neill and George Reeves
Of course, the Nash Rambler was immortalized in the Playmates song, "Beep Beep" ....

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
@Makai Guy , thanks for straightening that out for me!

And @T_R_Oglodyte , thanks for linking that car and one of my favorite songs together!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Last edited:

Brett

Reaction score

Two men were sitting next to each other at Murphy’s Pub in London.​

renderTimingPixel.png

After awhile, one bloke looks at the other and says, ‘I can’t help but think, from listening to you, that you’re from Ireland’
The other bloke responds proudly, ‘Yes, that I am!’
The first one says, ‘So am I! And where about from Ireland might you be?’
The other bloke answers, ‘I’m from Dublin, I am.’
The first one responds, ‘So am I!’
‘Mother Mary and begora. And what street did you live on in Dublin ?’
The other bloke says, ‘A lovely little area it was. I lived on McCleary Street in the old central part of town.’
The first one says, ‘Faith and it’s a small world. So did I! So did I! And to what school would you have been going?’
The other bloke answers, ‘Well now, I went to St. Mary’s, of course.’
The first one gets really excited and says, ‘And so did I. Tell me, what year did you graduate?’
The other bloke answers, ‘Well, now, let’s see. I graduated in 1964.’
The first one exclaims, ‘The Good Lord must be smiling down upon us! I can hardly believe our good luck at winding up in the same place tonight. Can you believe it, I graduated from St. Mary’s in 1964 my own self!’
About this time, Vicky walks up to the bar, sits down and orders a drink.
Brian, the barman, walks over to Vicky, shaking his head and mutters, ‘It’s going to be a long night tonight.’
Vicky asks, ‘Why do you say that, Brian?’
‘The Murphy twins are drunk again.’

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Another Irish pub joke: A guy goes into an Irish pub.

He hadn't been there before, so the regulars think it unusual when he orders 3 pints and takes a sip from each one in rotation. He keeps taking a sip from each in turn until they're finished.

When he gets up to leave, the bartender says, "If you don't mind my asking, why did you drink from 3 pints at the same time and order one after the other?" The guy says, "I have two brothers who left for America, and before they left, they asked me to drink a pint for each of them, as if they were still here."

The bartender says that's nice and the nearby customers mutter their approval. Over the course of the next several months, the guy returns often, orders 3 pints and takes a sip from each in rotation until they're gone.

But one day, looking downcast, and he tells the bartender to only give him 2 pints. Sympathetically, the bartender says, "I'm very sorry for your loss." "What loss?" the guy asks.

The bartender replies, "Since you ordered only 2 pints, one of your brothers must have passed."
The guys says, "Oh not, that's not it. See, I promised my wife that I'd stop drinking."

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
1679184259359.png

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
337234892_177836471711644_8907466129263432485_n.jpg

:D Dave