• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stay and Park around Seatac?

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are looking at flights from Seattle next March to Maui. All the flights from YVR on Alaska have an overnight layover in Seattle. It makes sense to drive down and stay the night, leave the car, and upon our return, stay the night and then drive home.

I've read a bit on Tripadvisor, and what most have said that the hotels that offer this service are pretty bad.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Thanks
Diane

dawg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use the Red Lion. They are have a Master Parking drop off located at there front door. I have good luck. The last ime I used them it cost $179 for the night and that included 10 days of Parking. That was September 5 thrugh the September 13, 2008.

Dale Gowan

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Don't stay at the Sutton Suites - they advertise on the ParkSleepFly website. We stayed there and it was really grotty - more like a low rent apartment than a hotel.

We're looking at this for our trip in March - same situation - we don't want to worry about the border on the morning of a flight. The Doubletree Suites at Southcentre offer a park and fly package. Not sure when you're going but it's $149 for a room and 14 days of parking, and it's a two room suite. We haven't stayed there for some years but it might be worth looking at.

Definitely pays to fly from Seattle, and especially if you use your companion fare from AS.

Bev

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You do not want the SeaTac Crest Motor Inn. Smelly. Moldy. Often used by prostitutes and drug dealers. Every now and then a body gets hauled out of there.

I did stay there one time when I had a 6 am flight. Never again.

If I ever had to stay there again, I think I would bring some old linens from home and redo the bed with those, then just leave the linens in the hotel room.

Do a search on hotels in SeaTac, Tukwila, and Renton. I would guess that most hotels that cater to business travelers will have an airport shuttle and will allow you to leave a car there, with advance arrangements, even if they don't have a formal park-and-fly program.

Last edited:

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
*Wasn't sure where to post the original so thanks moderator for finding a good home.*

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Since we are planning 17 to 21 days in Maui, its hard to find a hotel that offers the parking for that length, often after 7 or 10 or 14 days the fee jumps to $14 a day. Bev, I'll check out Doubletree (we've stayed there too and in Calif and always always enjoyed our stay), and Dale I'll check out the Red Lion too.

I have read about the Seatac Crest and the Sutton so knew to stay away from them.

Another option is to drive down in the morning, since its domestic we only need to be there an hour prior, leave the car, and book a hotel on Priceline for our return. I've read that many have stayed at the Hilton for $55.

Our flight home arrives at 9:45 pm so it would be a late arrival back to Pitt Meadows. A nice sleep in a Hilton bed and leisurely drive home, along with some more shopping, might be a nice treat.....

Diane

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
*Wasn't sure where to post the original so thanks moderator for finding a good home.*

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Since we are planning 17 to 21 days in Maui, its hard to find a hotel that offers the parking for that length, often after 7 or 10 or 14 days the fee jumps to $14 a day. Bev, I'll check out Doubletree (we've stayed there too and in Calif and always always enjoyed our stay), and Dale I'll check out the Red Lion too.

I have read about the Seatac Crest and the Sutton so knew to stay away from them.

Another option is to drive down in the morning, since its domestic we only need to be there an hour prior, leave the car, and book a hotel on Priceline for our return. I've read that many have stayed at the Hilton for $55.

Our flight home arrives at 9:45 pm so it would be a late arrival back to Pitt Meadows. A nice sleep in a Hilton bed and leisurely drive home, along with some more shopping, might be a nice treat.....

Diane

Here's another suggestion. Take the train from Vancouver to Tukwila. The Embassy Suites is rignt next to the Tukwila train station.

Spend the night before you leave and the night after you return at the Embassy Suites.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I've stayed several times at the Best Western Airport Executel, which is down the road from SeaTac. Not fancy, but it is clean and close, and a great place to sleep before those crack-of-dawn flight times. They have a "park and fly" program, where you pay for one night's lodging, and can leave your car there till you return from your vacation. They have a very convenient free shuttle bus to and from SeaTac.

Last year I left my car there in their private lot for 16 days. No trouble, and everything was fine when I returned. All they want to know is when you're coming back to get it. I'm sure if you needed to leave it there the entire 21 days of your trip, they'd let you. Call them and ask. I've found them to be very accommodating.

Hope this helps,
Dave

randyz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also from Vancouver, done this trip a few times now.

Did the Ramada Limited once with parking and was really decent. Also just stayed cheap and used MasterPark. Generally found this approx the same money. Get the weekly discount coupon from the MasterPark website.

Typically I have stayed at Sea Tac on the way down (avoid possible border snafu) and driven back late after Sea Tac arrival (late night means no border line up). If you do this MasterPark has an additional advantage in that they have frequent shuttle service, usually more than the hotel shuttles.

Stayed at the travellodge once, very cheap, ..... never again.

Randy

DianeH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, you've all given me lots to think about and to explore. Steve, I hadn't considered the rail system - that might be fun!

Thanks again Tuggers!

Diane

baz48

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread has been very helpful for me too. We're taking a 14 day cruise from Seattle next May. We'll be driving in to Seattle from Central Oregon the day before and I've looked into options. The Best Western Park and Fly plan is the best I've seen so far - $119 for the room and 7 days parking. We'll need 2 rooms so she said 14 days parking would be fine. The parking lot at the cruise terminal would have charged $12 per day.

Now I need to figure out how to get from the BW airport hotel to the cruise terminal (Terminal 30). I hope round trip cab rides don't wipe out our parking savings!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Now I need to figure out how to get from the BW airport hotel to the cruise terminal (Terminal 30). I hope round trip cab rides don't wipe out our parking savings!

Have the BW shuttle drop you off at SeaTac airport. Get off at the last shuttle stop inside the parking garage. Take the escalator up one level, and cross into the terminal using the SkyBridge, just as if you were catching a flight.

After you cross the SkyBridge, go down one level, to the baggage claim area. Go out the door to the airport drive in front of baggage claim, and turn right. Proceed about 50 yards to the bus stop area.

Take a northbound #194 bus - make sure the bus sign says Seattle, as both northbound and southbound buses use this stop. #194 buses run about every 15 minutes for most of the day. (#194 route map, #194 schedule). Don't take other buses that say "Seattle" (such as a #174 bus) because those are local runs. The #194 is an express bus that follows I-5; it will always be worth waiting for a #194 bus.

Get off the bus at the International District tunnel station (the first tunnel station) and hail a taxi for the quick ride to Terminal 30. You could also get off the bus at Royal Brougham, next to Safeco Field and ahead of the tunnel, but I think taxi service at that location may be more spotty.

Bus fare will probably be $1.75 person; I expect the taxi with tip would be max $10.

+++++++

Buses don't travel on Marginal Way, which is the road right in front of the Terminal. The closest bus routes would be on First Ave, which does have frequent bus service. But from SeaTac I think you would need to make a connection to get on a First Ave bus. And from First Ave you would still be several blocks from the Terminal - maybe more if there isn't an easy way to get across main BNSF rail line and the extremely busy Alaskan Way roadway.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Steve, you never cease to impress me with the stuff you know. :clap:

Dave

baz48

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Dave and Steve for the information! Both are options we will consider. My 85 yr old mother-in-law will be with us, so the bus may be a bit too much for her. The shuttle sounds like it might work better. I think I'll first try for a Princess Cruise lines shuttle from the airport. I'm sure they'll have them meeting those who made their flight arrangements through Princess so we might be able to just pay for the shuttle ride separately.