• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Status of MP's Pto Penasco (new) pool

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been there lately? Does anyone know if they have finally got that 2nd pool completed? Or does anyone know when it's supposed to be completed?

Also, does anyone know the cost of the buffet breakfast at the resort?

Thanks.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I'm in PP right now. They have coupon booklets available for $125. You use them in $5 increments at either restaurant at the resort. You use 4 coupons ($20) for the $29 Prime Rib buffet and 2 ($10) for the breakfast buffet (normally $18). This is basically a 30% savings, plus you get 10 hours internet access. That is not such a deal for us as we always have our laptop and they have WIFI in the lobby for free - that is where I am now! The coupons are a good deal. The prime rib buffet was excellent. We are doing breakfast on Thursday.

rwptucson

Reaction score
No, No and either $20 or $25

With the exception of replacing the fire place that was near the kids end of the present pool ,with a drink bar no less, no work has been done on the entire facility in the last two years. I also doubt any work is going to take place until the present economic crisis starts to wane.

The buffet depends on what is being made avaible on any given night with the two different prices of $29 and $25 per adult. We were there the end of September and it was advertised as no charge for children under five and $10 for ages 6 to 12. However two of the children with us were between 6 and 12 and yet we were not charged. We had a group of 5 adults and 3 children total.

The buffet is always good but a lot pricy than we normally pay, but is probably resort price acceptable to most. We usually bring most all our food with us (from tucson) and plan to eat at the buffet only once in a week.

We've been there every year since the place was built and have always enjoyed the resort the way it is. Actually I feel it may be best if no further construction takes place. Keep the place at its present maximum of about 700guests and the usual amount of about 20 people in the 3 mile beach/ocean.

rwptucson

Reaction score
See Previous

I did not notice "pittle" reply. He/she is right on the $125. It is also a better deal if you can sit through the owners presentation, get the discount and charge the $125 to your room. Actually the presentation wasn't that bad, no real pressure and they really only kept us busy for an hour and a half. They let us all (8) go to the breakfast buffet and only I and my wife had to sacrifice for the hour and a half.