• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starwood contact for Due Diligence needed

AlaTex

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have reached agreement on a Starwood resale unit.

I need the contact information to do the Due Diligence on the unit.

What info will I need to provide SW to obtain the unit status?

Phone and/or email of SW contact office for the information?

Other than confirming status of MF, unit number, deeded week and amount of staroptions and next use year, what else should I try to obtain?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
You should obtain the services of a reputable timeshare closing company who will handle the paperwork and set up the escrow for you. A closing company will cost you a few hundred bucks, but you've saved thousands buying on the resale market. A closing company wil protect you from fraud and bad faith sellers.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to TUG!

AlaTex

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should obtain the services of a reputable timeshare closing company who will handle the paperwork and set up the escrow for you.

Thanks for the reply. There will be a "reputable timeshare closing company" used. I just thought I could confirm with Starwood the basic information on the unit before I sign sales agreement and transfer funds to escrow. Just trying to be careful.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
The closing company will perform the due diligence, including confirming ownership, season, etc. with Starwood.

But if you want to be ahead of the curve, you could ask the owner for a screen shot of "What I Own" and "Account Balances" pages on MyStarCentral.com. That will confirm where they own, what season, what type villa, float/fixed, StarOptions and StarPoint values and whether they are current on their MFs.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The closing company will perform the due diligence, including confirming ownership, season, etc. with Starwood.

But if you want to be ahead of the curve, you could ask the owner for a screen shot of "What I Own" and "Account Balances" pages on MyStarCentral.com. That will confirm where they own, what season, what type villa, float/fixed, StarOptions and StarPoint values and whether they are current on their MFs.

We did that with out last resale purchase.

AlaTex - What resort are you looking to purchase a unit?

AlaTex

TUG Member
Reaction score
continue to look

We did that with out last resale purchase.

AlaTex - What resort are you looking to purchase a unit?

I was ready to sign contract for a SVV Key West unit, but just found out through my research, that it was not in Key West phase as described. :wall: So I will continue to look for a SVV Key West resale.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was ready to sign contract for a SVV Key West unit, but just found out through my research, that it was not in Key West phase as described. :wall: So I will continue to look for a SVV Key West resale.

Good Luck! Sometimes it takes a couple of months to find the exact unit you want.