• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starwood & Caribe Royale, Orlando FL

MattL

Reaction score
Hey all... newbie guy here. Forgive me if I've placed this in the wrong area. :doh:

I just received a mailing from Starwood Vacation Services for a four night stay at the Caribe Royale in Orlando for $149, plus $100 for extras. Well, it just so happens that I already had a family trip to FL planned for next year, with the first three days being a stay in Orlando... and I was contemplating a stay at the Caribe Royale. Go figure!

So I called the number on the mailing and they do have the dates available when we will be traveling... however, with the schedule I have laid out for the fam, I told them I really didn't have time for a presentation. They informed me I could decline the presentation at check-in and I'd still get the $149 rate, no problem.

I've never tried one of these deals before thinking they are too good to be true or a get-what-you-pay-for situation, so I'm very skeptical about reserving this deal. Should I be? Has anyone else dealt with Starwood Vacation Services and could lend any info? Is everything on the up-and-up? Anything that I should know before deciding to jump on it?

Any and all advice is appreciated... thanks for your time.

Matt

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey all... newbie guy here. Forgive me if I've placed this in the wrong area. :doh:

I just received a mailing from Starwood Vacation Services for a four night stay at the Caribe Royale in Orlando for $149, plus $100 for extras. Well, it just so happens that I already had a family trip to FL planned for next year, with the first three days being a stay in Orlando... and I was contemplating a stay at the Caribe Royale. Go figure!

So I called the number on the mailing and they do have the dates available when we will be traveling... however, with the schedule I have laid out for the fam, I told them I really didn't have time for a presentation. They informed me I could decline the presentation at check-in and I'd still get the $149 rate, no problem.

I've never tried one of these deals before thinking they are too good to be true or a get-what-you-pay-for situation, so I'm very skeptical about reserving this deal. Should I be? Has anyone else dealt with Starwood Vacation Services and could lend any info? Is everything on the up-and-up? Anything that I should know before deciding to jump on it?

Any and all advice is appreciated... thanks for your time.

Matt

If they said you don't have to attend a presentation and its in writing, then you do not have to attend.

I wonder why the Caribe Royale? Starwood does not own that resort, not is it part of the Starwood System. Starwood is currently selling at the Vistana Villages in Orlando.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome Matt! That's correct - that is Starwood's standard procedure. They will probably offer you a $100 gift certificate or some other gift after you get there if you will attend the presentation.

I am going to move this to the Starwood board where you will get more answers from the Starwood experts.

Last edited:

MattL

Reaction score
Thanks, and sorry about the original thread location... I jumped in w/o looking around enuf, I guess. :eek:

If you decline the presentation at check-in, do they toss you in a janitor's closet instead of a primo room :D? Again, with my inexperience concerning these deals I just don't wanna have the family vacation get screwed up because I'm a cheapskate :D

And thanks for the hospitality!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No problem, Matt - you aren't in trouble :D - I just moved your post here where the Starwood owners would see it!

And no - you will get the same room whether you attend the presentation or not. I have been on one of these deals personally and it is a great bargain! (Unless of course, you get suckered into buying a timeshare from the developer. If you decide to buy, come back and talk to use about it and we can tell you about buying resale and saving 50% or more.)

Last edited:

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a very nice hotel ,great pool,nice rooms , good restaurants .If your not doing the the tour I woud be very skeptcal about the rate.Just be sure to read your agreement.The Carib Royale has been a long time Starwood promotion hotel .They Have Starwood TS Kiosks in the lobbies of all the buildings.I think all the rooms are suites also.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If your not doing the the tour I woud be very skeptcal about the rate.

Believe it or not, Starwood does not require a presentation, but they have a lot of success in getting people to attend voluntarily, because of the additional "gifts" they offer. They cannot spring a new requirement on you when you get there - it has to be stated in the materials they send you before you make your deposit.

When you arrive, you check in and get your room, and then they send you over to another desk to get your, parking pass, car rental coupon, or something else that you need. That's when they will hit you with the offer - so you will already have your room. This is the same type offer they have had in Hawaii for several years and the presentation is optional - been there, done that.

Last edited:

MattL

Reaction score
Nice... thanks for the info, folks. I reserved last night for June 6th - 10th... it couldn't have fit any better into my plans. If I have the time I'll definitely take the tour, but with so much to do in the area with the fam it's gonna be tuff to take a break.

I'm ready now. :D