• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starting research to attempt a year of cruising and time sharing next year.

bshanebowl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Innseason at Ogunquit Maine.
I would avoid a transatlantic cruise in the fall and winter. We did a cruise in on the NCL Encore in 2019 and at times the seas were at 42'. Yes you read that right; 42 FEET! It wasn't just a brief event, it lasted for three days after we set sail from Southampton. If you are a veteran cruiser you may do fine. Neither my wife nor I actually got sick, but staff was out and even the cruise director was out of commission for an entire day. Certainly you could get smooth seas, but the cooler months tend to produce higher seas, especially if sailing the North Atlantic on a transatlantic crossing.
Well my wife wouldn't enjoy that but I've actually refueled the boat I was on in seas rougher than that, but not too much rougher. We need to reposition from Italy back to here before next November and it looks like that is what will work for us. Time will tell.

bshanebowl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To the OP, please go over to the Cruise Critic website to received actual information about cruising. It is free to join. It will discuss everything about cruising and all the major cruise lines will be discussed and have cruise topics. Good luck and cruising can be fun. IMHO.
I'll check it out tonight.

bshanebowl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are less expensive options for about that length currently available for transatlantics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is the best I can find right now, given where we need to leave from and end up at but I'm not booking for a few weeks so I'll keep an open mind. Thanks.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
This is the best I can find right now, given where we need to leave from and end up at but I'm not booking for a few weeks so I'll keep an open mind. Thanks.

Ah, well, if you restrict your search to certain departing ports and times, then your options will naturally be more limited.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP only. suggestion only. I would look for cruises out of Vancouver, Canada, Los Angeles, Seattle, Wahington, Cape Liberty, NJ and Boston, Massachusetts.

Transatlantic cruises, I would look at the following ports going to Europe: Fort Lauderdale, Tampa and Miami, Florida.
The two (2) New York ports: The Port of New York and Cape Liberty, New Jersey.
Good luck . To the OP must cruise lines are showing their itineraries for 2023 and 2024.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
To the OP only. suggestion only. I would look for cruises out of Vancouver, Canada, Los Angeles, Seattle, Wahington, Cape Liberty, NJ and Boston, Massachusetts.

I'm not the OP, but why not mention Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Port Canaveral, Galveston, or even San Diego and San Francisco? The OP is seeking inexpensive cruises, and most of those depart from Florida.

Transatlantic cruises, I would look at the following ports going to Europe: Fort Lauderdale, Tampa and Miami, Florida.
The two (2) New York ports: The Port of New York and Cape Liberty, New Jersey.
Good luck . To the OP must cruise lines are showing their itineraries for 2023 and 2024.

Again, more transatlantic cruises go to/from Florida, so why not look there as well?

FWIW, MSC has numerous TAs from Italy.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
wondering how you do this? DH is a retired Veterinarian and would be happy to lecture on companion animals, etc.

It helps if he can build up his speaking resume a bit before he approaches them--like schedule a few talks at a library or at some educational event. Then he will have a regular presentation worked out and he'll also have people who can recommend him. (My husband does speaking engagements a few times a year. The more you do, the easier it gets to book the next one.)

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not the OP, but why not mention Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, Port Canaveral, Galveston, or even San Diego and San Francisco? The OP is seeking inexpensive cruises, and most of those depart from Florida.

Again, more transatlantic cruises go to/from Florida, so why not look there as well?

FWIW, MSC has numerous TAs from Italy.
Sorry Ken555, I hit the wrong post. Thanks for including those additional cruise ports.