• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Staroptions has great available reservation currently

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I bought a couple mandatory properties resale in the last couple years, but I've been worried lately that availability of Staroptions reservations may start dwindling as new programs (Flex, Marriott) are being introduced. I just did a wide search in Vistana for reservations, and I'm happy to report there's a lot of good stuff available.
I'm seeing Westin St. John and Lagunamar available during my Spring Break (late March- 2 months away).
I'm seeing Westin Kierland- spring training for a few nights.
I'm seeing some summer Maui reservations, but more like 6 nights and no oceanfront, but still good.
I'm seeing some Harborside summer reservations open.

Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised. Often these prime reservations are gone by the 8 month mark, but I'm seeing more now than I did the last couple years. Hope it lasts. Glad I bought my resale SVVs.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I haven’t been worried that Flex will reduce SO availability because by definition Flex points that are in SVN become SO reservations at 8 months.

Keep in mind that as you get closer to the reservation date individuals who booked hoping to rent the week out may start to release them before it becomes restricted.

Like you I’ve been quite happy with the SO system - it’s flexible and easy to use as long as you know your booking windows and are willing to be on as soon as the 8 month mark hits

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
W
I bought a couple mandatory properties resale in the last couple years, but I've been worried lately that availability of Staroptions reservations may start dwindling as new programs (Flex, Marriott) are being introduced. I just did a wide search in Vistana for reservations, and I'm happy to report there's a lot of good stuff available.
I'm seeing Westin St. John and Lagunamar available during my Spring Break (late March- 2 months away).
I'm seeing Westin Kierland- spring training for a few nights.
I'm seeing some summer Maui reservations, but more like 6 nights and no oceanfront, but still good.
I'm seeing some Harborside summer reservations open.

Anyway, I'm pleasantly surprised. Often these prime reservations are gone by the 8 month mark, but I'm seeing more now than I did the last couple years. Hope it lasts. Glad I bought my resale SVVs.
what hra summer?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Let’s hope inventory stays that way. I just won an mandatory deed eBay auction lol

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Ya that was too good to be true ... I bought one for $395 plus closing and that was good
I got one in the fall for 400 plus LT transfers so it’s around the same

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Sorry I bid you up to $650
I think I was part of bidding that one up too. Went for far more than I would be willing to pay.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I think I was part of bidding that one up too. Went for far more than I would be willing to pay.
Gee thanks. Lol. I can always go and not pay LOL. It’s fine, I just sold a 2 bedroom platinum EOYO so this will work better.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Gee thanks. Lol. I can always go and not pay LOL. It’s fine, I just sold a 2 bedroom platinum EOYO so this will work better.
I am pining for the old days when I got the EOY for free and a 2BR for less than $100. So much more than that is much more than I want to pay.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I am pining for the old days when I got the EOY for free and a 2BR for less than $100. So much more than that is much more than I want to pay.
I hear ya. I think with the change those days may be over. Of course this could be a blessing or a curse. I could be holding something of value or something extremely worthless

BK2019

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saratoga Springs
HGVC Paradise
It's great to hear there is a decent amount of inventory at the 8month mark and less for SO. I've been thinking about picking up a mandatory resort. Does anyone know what the availability is like in February/March on the islands of Kauai and Maui at the 8month mark? Also weekends at the Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage in May and June? Thanks

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
It's great to hear there is a decent amount of inventory at the 8month mark and less for SO. I've been thinking about picking up a mandatory resort. Does anyone know what the availability is like in February/March on the islands of Kauai and Maui at the 8month mark? Also weekends at the Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage in May and June? Thanks
I got a Studio oceanfront at WKORV Maui in Feb at exactly 8 months. There were plenty of non-oceanfront studios and 1BRs available. Kauai is even easier to get.
May and June in the desert is always easy to get

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
W

what hra summer?
It was June, but I see it's gone now. I was checking frequently, and it seems like every couple weeks they have some additional availability- maybe as cancellations come in?

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I even see this come up this morning- Spring training
THE WESTIN KIERLAND VILLAS
SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA
Check-in: Tue, March 10, 2020
Check-out: Sat, March 14, 2020
Number of Nights: 4
Villa Type: 1 Bedroom Villa

the key is you just have to keep checking every couple days and always put in flexible dates.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

May - November weeks in the desert are available as Getaways -- at a fraction of the cost of ownership. Don't buy anything to get those weeks.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We need to do a better job of aligning on TUG ... My max bid was for $570 ... I guess dioxide45 got you all the way to $650

Next time we'll have to have a better group plan on eBay :)
I’m just not seeing the one bedrooms anymore and since I dropped my 2 bedroom platinum EOYO signed over deed in the mail to LT yesterday this was better. Same maint fee each year but I can use the SO. I made a profit in the 2 bedroom even after this so it all worked out. Next up to find a taker for my lockout key west plat lol. Of course I’m using the options in march so I,l have to wait until the end of the year. Then that’s it! I’m done! Just keeping a 2 bedroom plat and the 2 one bedroom deluxe units.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
It was June, but I see it's gone now. I was checking frequently, and it seems like every couple weeks they have some additional availability- maybe as cancellations come in?
Awesome. I was able to snag a 3 night weekend in June in a premium unit then another 5 nights in a deluxe in August.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
are the one bedrooms better to own than the 2 bedroom?
both are good for Staroptions, but the 1BR is cheaper maintenance fees if you are using it for trading in Interval International.