• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

St Kitts Exchange Possibilities?

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
Looking to trade into MSK anytime in Jan-Feb 2013. I can use either a 1 BR Aruba Ocean Club ocean view (2012 week 7) that is already on deposit with II OR a 2 BR Aruba Surf Club ocean view 2013 week 6. Nothing comes up now when I do a search on II. Wondering what everyone thinks my chances for success are using either of the 2 possible trades.

Thanks

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a 2 bedroom unit at St. Kitts in early March 2011 using a platinum 2 bedroom unit at Canyon Villas (can't remember the specific unit). So, I think your chances are pretty good. However, my trade didn't come through until Jan. 1, 2011 (slightly more than 60 days in advance), after a long wait.

I think you'll get the trade, but you'll probably have to be patient. Good luck. We really liked St. Kitts!

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking to trade into MSK anytime in Jan-Feb 2013. I can use either a 1 BR Aruba Ocean Club ocean view (2012 week 7) that is already on deposit with II OR a 2 BR Aruba Surf Club ocean view 2013 week 6. Nothing comes up now when I do a search on II. Wondering what everyone thinks my chances for success are using either of the 2 possible trades.

Thanks

We are off to MSK in late April for 2 weeks. The exchanges were secured at 12 months out on requests based on a Feb week at MPU and a Nov week at MKB. All were 2 bed for 2 bed exchanges.

We are really looking forward to our trip to MSK.

i think we are more shoulder season for MSK whereas Jan Feb is probably more peak season.

If it were me I'd have my request in by now since it is less than 12 months out.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are owners at SKB and when we stay there we always also exchange our weeks at other resorts for extended stays.
We have never yet had a problem with this, although we have only done so in March/April/May/June/October/November/December.
As MALC9990 says, January/February is peak season so more difficult to get hold of so apply asap.
Good luck.

sjnoble

Reaction score
While planning our Caribbean trip for late May, I checked St. Kitts availability on Marriott's website, and saw the 2-br villa available for $200+ /nt and < $200 after June 1! If we had decided to go to St. Kitts I would have just booked through Marriott and get the MRP! But we decided to to to St Thomas instead

sjnoble

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
While planning our Caribbean trip for late May, I checked St. Kitts availability on Marriott's website, and saw the 2-br villa available for $200+ /nt and < $200 after June 1! If we had decided to go to St. Kitts I would have just booked through Marriott and get the MRP! But we decided to to to St Thomas instead

sjnoble

St Kitts beach Club 2 br Villa Oceanside late May - on Marriott.Com Now $451 p/night + taxes, Garden View $339 p/night + taxes

After June 1st $347 and $291 p/night + taxes.

Jan 2013 the prices are $569 and $479 p/night + taxes

Last edited:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Were these prices with or without owners' discounts (which may be the reason for the price discrepancy)?

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
Which resort is MKB?

sjnoble

Reaction score
St Kitts beach Club 2 br Villa Oceanside late May - on Marriott.Com Now $451 p/night + taxes, Garden View $339 p/night + taxes

After June 1st $347 and $291 p/night + taxes.

Jan 2013 the prices are $569 and $479 p/night + taxes

Wish I knew how to paste an image
I'm checking 5/27/12 - 6/3/12
Marriott Rewards Elite Exclusive Offer - 40 pc off leisure rate
2 br villa Ocean view $232/nt, drops to $175/nt after 5/28
Oceanside view $40 more/nt

Marriott Reward Member Exclusive Offer - 35 pc off leasure rate
$252/nt then $189/nt after 5/28

Jan 2013 not seeing any discounts...

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Wish I knew how to paste an image
I'm checking 5/27/12 - 6/3/12
Marriott Rewards Elite Exclusive Offer - 40 pc off leisure rate
2 br villa Ocean view $232/nt, drops to $175/nt after 5/28
Oceanside view $40 more/nt

Marriott Reward Member Exclusive Offer - 35 pc off leasure rate
$252/nt then $189/nt after 5/28

Jan 2013 not seeing any discounts...

Your price differences from MALC9990's is due to rack rates versus owner discount rates. The 35% owner discount, or 40% for Premiere DC owners, (or 45% for Premiere Plus) with use of the Marriott Visa is pretty substantial.

sjnoble

Reaction score
Your price differences from MALC9990's is due to rack rates versus owner discount rates. The 35% owner discount, or 40% for Premiere DC owners, (or 45% for Premiere Plus) with use of the Marriott Visa is pretty substantial.

I am not a DC member though, only logged in as MR Gold

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which resort is MKB?

MKB is Mai Khai Beach Club in Phuket. The resort is part of the MVCI Asia Pacific Club points system. Only available in II if a member uses points to reserve a week and then deposits with II. Also on offer as II getaways.