• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

St. Kitts as a Caribbean gateway?

hpy2go

Reaction score
Thinking positive thoughts here - looking forward to planning next year.

Has anyone used St. Kitts as a jumping off point to other Caribbean locations? I'm thinking along these lines: A week at the MVC at St. Kitts, then a week somewhere else (Guadaloupe? Martinique?, etc.). (We could also switch the sequence - really doesn't matter at this point.)

The thought here is to maximize the flights to the Caribbean from home, but getting two weeks at different places.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a few small airlines that connect the islands including St. Kitts. Look at LIAT for example. I would think that St. Kitts for a week is fine, but if you have destination points you may want to spend less time there and more time at places like St. Martin, Barbados, Guadeloupe, and Martinique.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nevis is the Sister island of St Kitts and well worth a visit.
We flew from St Kitts to St Thomas via St Martin, but I understand these options may have been withdrawn now so I would check what routes are now available.

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were able to take Winair and Liat when scheduling back to back weeks at St Kitts and St Martin a couple of years back. Not sure how their schedules are now but they are worth a look. I think Seabourne flies there also from SJU where you can make connections. I’m not sure how many direct flights there are from St Kitts to all the islands, e.g. I think Winair goes through SXM for connections.

One thing is certain, no one flies direct from SKB to STT. I’ve been checking for years and haven’t found it yet...

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can fly Antigua to St Thomas.
Antigua is much closer than Barbados and much nicer than Martinique or Guadeloupe.
If you want a French Island--St Barts is the best by far and is not far from Antigua, St Maarten, Anguilla or St Kitts.

hpy2go

Reaction score
All,

Thanks for the ideas and dialog. This is what I was looking for, as I dream about next year!

I do fully realize that transportation options that were available previously are not now, and next year is completely TBD. I figure the best view is to assume it will be somewhat like it was in the past.

We've been to St. Kitts four times, including a visit to Nevis. We have talked about a few days at Nisbit or Monpelier tagged on to either end. Still a good option.

I'm not convicted of French Islands, just something a bit different. Antigua sounds like an interesting option as well.

Continued thanks to the TUG community to exchange ideas!

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liat flies St Kitts to Antigua a few times a day and that flight will almost certainly operate.

The two Islands are so close that you take off and as soon as you are up in the air the pilot starts the descent for landing.
Probably 10 minutes flying time.