• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

St. John's

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
Does anyone know if the the Westin St.John's is sold out ? I am going to look at the resale sites. Does anyone know if they come up very often ?

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I was there last February. We were fortunate to trade into the 3 BR using my Platinum 2 BR Kierland. I did meet with the sales staff and they told me then that the project was expected to be sold out by December, 2005. Of course, that was a salesman speaking!

I did get a price for week 7 in the 3 BR. Ready? $122,000! Resale seems the only way to go.

Loriannf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Few if any show up resale

We're owners and looking for an additional 3 bedroom week. I do see 1 BRs and some 2BRs on resale sites, but rarely a 3 bed week we want (Platinum Plus season, weeks 1-16). A couple of things to be careful about when considering buying in St. JOHN (- no "s" - that's another place): WSJ has different seasons than other Starwood. At WSJ, its Platinum Plus, Platinum and Gold - no Silver. Also, we were there in April '05, there were some other weeks available mostly during hurricane season, but they were close to being sold out. I was speaking with a SVO salesperson recently who told me Starwood has their own resale network - that might be a better bet than looking through postings. You might want to spend the extra to buy from the developer, just because you're sure of what you're getting. Don't expect any incentives though, it's a developer's market.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about WSJ if you would like to email me.

Lori

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
Holiday group has one if it is not sold- week 21 studio which floats in the gold season, for $11,500 and it has been on their site for a few weeks which means if still available they will take less.

Seth Nock

Reaction score
There are some units available for resale. They are sold at a significant discount. However, since retail prices for many of the 3 bedroom units are between $48,000 and $125,000, resale prices are still more than at other Starwood locations.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
Thank you for the replies. I know this is a popular location and it is the law of supply and demand with costs. As always Tuggers are the best.

BradC

Reaction score
We just returned from St. John, and they do still have units available for sale (although we didn't do the owner's update, so I don't have prices). They now claim they expect to be sold out by June 2006.

I also talked with someone by the pool, who was told that they are considering turning one of the hotel buildings into studio timeshare units once the existing villas are sold out.

FYI, while we were there, they were starting work on the interior upgrades to a unit in building 34. From what we heard, it sounded like they were only doing one unit right now (similar to the upgrades already done in building 32) to be used as a "model".

While our non-upgraded unit was quite nice, the mauve formica countertops really do reek of 1985. :)

kcgriffin

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The original resort was built as the Virgin Grand, and the timeshare units were fractional ownership, in six week increments, you can still find some of the original owners who are selling weeks. The updates, and I use the tern losely, are a major disappointment. I want the islands to look like the islands, the new decor in the units makes them look like a city condo, with all the minimalist trappings and no color. Some decorator conned someone big time!

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
kcgriffin said:
The updates, and I use the tern losely, are a major disappointment. I want the islands to look like the islands, the new decor in the units makes them look like a city condo, with all the minimalist trappings and no color. Some decorator conned someone big time!

Starwood seems to be gravitating toward that style of decor. It's not my favorite, either. I'm afraid that in ten years, we'll all be saying that it reeks of the oughts (sp?)!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
follow-up, I re-asked (no initial esponse) the question more directly. Since St John is a mandatory Starwood Resort how can it not have StarOptions associated with it?

The no reponse from this eBay seller sends a warning signal.