• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ST. Augustine Beach and Tennis Resort Fixed week (includes Memorial Day)

Eric Bern

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
St Augustine Beach and Tennis Resort
I wish to sell my unit and just learned about this site. Has anyone had experience with selling or deed back to the resort that would share information? I need a course of action and do not know where to start. I have owned the unit week since 1999 and traded it for a number of years and recent years have been using it. We are ready to give it up at this time as it does not accommodate our growing family. Any advice is welcome. Thanks

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
The property management company of this resort maintains a list of owners that are selling. You may want to list with them, and also consider the give-a-way forum here.

I wish to sell my unit and just learned about this site. Has anyone had experience with selling or deed back to the resort that would share information? I need a course of action and do not know where to start. I have owned the unit week since 1999 and traded it for a number of years and recent years have been using it. We are ready to give it up at this time as it does not accommodate our growing family. Any advice is welcome. Thanks

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also - this resort doesn’t have any resale value you will have to give it away. I adopted a week from @ronandjoan earlier this year on this forum.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I agree with Aurelius, talk to the mgmt. We have owned a floating week next door at The Beach Club at The St Augustine Beach & Tennis Club since the early '80's (preconstruction) and every time we visit there are units for sale posted on the message boards. I think the resort would rather you give back your week than go through the trouble and expense of foreclosure if you stop paying. I doubt you'll be able to sell your week for very much but it is certainly worth a try at a low price.

Many years ago when our family grew (3 kids) we considered giving back our 1 bedroom unit and buying a 2 bedroom unit there but we persevered (1 kid on a roll-a-way bed) and now that we are empty nesters our 1 bedroom unit serves us well. We are headed back there in a few weeks.:whooopie:

~Diane

Eric Bern

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for your input. It is no surprise that so many people want to sell their units.

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. It is no surprise that so many people want to sell their units.

The maintenance fees there are actually great and the location is desirable. Plenty of suckers like me willing to take them on for free. I’ve got New Years week and July 4th week next year booked already. Should be a good trader. Check out Platinum Interchange.

Eric Bern

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just did a quick overlook of interesting alternative to Interval Int.
Are you saying that you traded the SAbeach for other exchanges with Platinum for the holiday weeks?
If so, how difficult is it to get decent accomodations? (much better than SA Beach)

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
With PI you can get a 2BR6 exchange anywhere that someone else deposits. I deposited a holiday week at SABTR this year (resale purchase that I couldn’t use) but haven’t redeemed it yet. I’ve seen some great inventory (including Hawaii) but I’ve already got my vacations planned through 2020. PI runs 2/1 and 3/1 deposit specials from time to time where you get 2 or 3 weeks for depositing 1. The extra weeks are shorter notice bookings but some good weeks pop up.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Why? Not enough photos. I'm sure I could read the reviews on TUG, but it seems like it would be popular given its location.

Eric Bern

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Many people must have purchased these originally for $10,000 range and now 15 years later they only sell for a fraction of the cost.
I am sure people are not using them much as they complex is very quite when we visit on our holiday weekend.
Even though the maintenance fees are low I do not think we will be using it much going forward and I am sure many are in the same boat.
Hate wasting the maintenance fee each year. I will do more investigating of TUG however.

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty much every independent is worth $0 resale, but not all of them are located at the beach in Florida with MF in the low $500 range.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
The maintenance fees there are actually great and the location is desirable. Plenty of suckers like me willing to take them on for free. I’ve got New Years week and July 4th week next year booked already. Should be a good trader. Check out Platinum Interchange.
Hi aurelius
Glad you are enjoying your unit. Will you be there again New Years Week 2023? We will .. and Christmas 2022 week too, and all of January.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)