• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spring Break Suggestions

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in MD and am looking for a cool spring break destination that is within reasonable driving distance (no more than 12 hours). I am looking for a destination that has lots to do for people of all ages as there will be 3 kids (all boys age 4,12, and 14), Two 20 somethings, my hubby and I (mid 30's), and my mom. The only places that I would rule out for right now would be Massanutten, Williamsburg, and VA Beach as we live close enough to get there pretty often. We thought about Niagara Falls but it seems there are no resorts that are close on either the American or Candian sides. Toronto may be an option but not sure how close that would be to the entertainment. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
Boston is the first thing that comes to mind. It's fun even in winter weather. Not sure of the total distance for you, but we drive from here to Hyannis MA in two long days and I must be about a one day drive from you.

The biggest problem with Spring break is finding somewhere with decent weather. I can't count the number of times we've raced a winter storm out of here at break time. Very unpredictable that time of year at most close by locations.

Sheila

angel72

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spring Break suggestion

I would suggest Myrtle Beach. It may not be warm enough for the beach, but there are so many activities there for all ages and different resorts to choose from.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would suggest Marriott's BeachPlace Towers in Fort Lauderdale.

It's not "homey" like Ocean Pointe (we love Ocean Pointe).
It is more hustle and bustle and lots of things to do, all within walking distance.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
12 hrs is just about what it takes to get to Orlando--don't know if that interests you. Tons to do, even if you don't go into the parks everyday. We go every Spring break and love it. This year, we are doing the new Legoland, Harry Potter @ Universal and then just vegging at the pool, doing Disney putt-putt, renting bikes @ Ft. Wilderness--tons to do at Ft. W (you do not have to stay @ Disney to partake in fishing, biking, archery, horseback riding, etc. @ Ft. Wilderness). I have kids your ages and we always have a great time.
I would also suggest Hilton Head if you just want to relax, beach walk, rent bikes--probably too cold for ocean, but many resorts have at least 1 heated pool. We prefer HHI over MB, but MB might have more to offer in terms of entertainment.

Last edited:

May mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am facing a similar decision to make. We are leaning toward Myrtle Beach, might not be actual beach weather but there is plenty to do (kid's museum, putt putt, shows, shopping, etc.) plus alot of the resorts should have heated pools or a small indoor option and Broadway at the Beach or the other big tourist trap with Ripley's and the amusement rides should be fun at that time of year. Another thought is going to Hilton Head. Driving to FL from the DC area doesn't interest me but it is within your 12 hour radius. Although you want timeshare options, we are considering going to Atlanta to do the aquarium, museums and shopping.

What about Smokey Mountains?

Skittles1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Myrtle Beach or Hilton Head would both be within a 12 hr drive, and have something for everyone to do. If you wanted to go North, there is the Pocono Mountains, or Hersheypark in PA. I also think Boston is a great suggestion. That's what I love about the East coast, there are so many options within driving distance. Good luck deciding!

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the suggestions! It will be a really tough decision. Still open to any other suggestions!