• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Splitting Vistana week

botham

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are constricted by BA award tickets, so we have to fly midweek. We are thinking of splitting our Vistana week, to enable us to have say 4 days at Vistana, take a weeks cruise, then 3 days at a different SVN resort. Has anyone done this and if so, how easy is it?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Did you buy from the developer?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Assuming that you are in SVN, splitting your week is conceivable but not easy. You can book full weeks at your home resort at 8-12 months out. You can book full weeks at other SVN resorts from 3-8 months out. Stays less than 7 consecutive days, including your home resort, can only be booked at 3 months out.

So, yes it can be done, but it comes with a bit of a risk.

From MSC:

Starwood Vacation Network Float Period

When confirming reservations eight (8) months to three (3) months prior to your desired arrival date, you can reserve:

Seven (7) consecutive nights or more
Beginning or ending on an established check-in day
In any season
In any villa type
Starwood Vacation Network Options Period

When confirming reservations three (3) months or less prior to your desired arrival date, you can reserve:

Nightly stays or more
Beginning or ending any day of the week
In any season
In any villa type
Borrow StarOptions from your next Use Year

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
FYI, I had this dilemma the last time I flew to Hawaii. I could only get award tickets on a Wednesday. I ended up exploring Big Island for 3 days before traveling to Maui for our weekly stay.

Don't forget to check nearby Floridian cities to see if award flights to these are available. Daytona Beach, for instance, is just an hour away. Tampa and St. Pete are 2-3 hours away, if I recall correctly. Miami is 5-6, but you could always stay there or Key West for a few nights, before heading up to Orlando.

http://www.escaperental.com/smart-t...-between-cities-in-florida-florida-vacations/

Another idea is to book another week in Orlando via Interval International Getaways. Getaways are usually plentiful and reasonably priced, if you check a few months in advance. If you do this, just notify the resort that you won't be checking in until Wednesday so that they don't think you're a no show.

Good luck.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I thought there were some special rules for Vistana owners from the original developer?

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
The Vistana Vacation Club (VVC) was the sort of the precursor to SVN. I believe non-SVN Vistana weeks are still in VVC. VVC does allow for split week reservations. In Mystarcentral, the Vistana Vacation Club User Guide is linked under my non-SVN Vistana unit's "Using Your Ownership" section. P. 5 discusses split week reservations. You can make the reservations 90 days out (sound familiar?).

Glorian

Last edited:

botham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm familiar with the logistics and I already have flights from LHR to MIA booked.

I bought my time-share in 1999 direct from Vistana and we've tried the various options from SPG points to exchanges.

Our visit is scheduled for late Nov, early Dec, so I hope we'll be successful with the 3 month rule.

botham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Flight change

I've now managed to change our outbound reward flight to Saturday 24 November, so will look to have a complete week at Vistana, arriving on Sunday 25th!:whoopie:

No need to worry about splitting weeks.:)