• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Split ductless A/C --- Mitsubishi vs. Fujitsu ?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there by chance any knowledgeable HVAC folks here who are actually well informed about any specific differences which may exist between these two companies' mini-split ductless A/C products? I know that both are good and I'll be going with one or the other in a renovation coming soon to a home near me (...ours).

Contractors generally work with one or the other brand (seldom both, apparently) and predictably wave the flag of the one they work with.
While I admire their loyalty, I admire objectivity and hard facts more.

What sayest thou, topically informed TUGGERS?

Last edited:

DonnaD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
split a/c

We have Mitsubishi in our home which replaced baseboard electric heat. We love it and my husband said it has a better warranty. Check on that. We have 4 units. Make sure you size compressor to allow add on units. Our daughter got one for a room addition and then wAnted to add a unit to her office but compressor was not big enough.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Subscribing. I want to add this to my NYC apartment but need to figure out which ones will run 3 units from one compressor and how to install it on the 2nd floor.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Subscribing. I want to add this to my NYC apartment but need to figure out which ones will run 3 units from one compressor and how to install it on the 2nd floor.

I certainly can't speak to a NYC apartment situation, but keep in mind that (regardless of brand differences, which is my question) there will need to be an appropriately sized compressor / condenser unit located somewhere (outside) as well as refrigerant and condensate lines running directly from said compressor / condenser to the wall mounted units inside your apartment. I suspect that this is probably much more easily said than done in a city apartment setting or situation, including dealing with assorted building and / or city code issues and the additional electrical wiring component. :shrug:

Last edited:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I certainly can't speak to a NYC apartment situation, but keep in mind that (regardless of brand differences, which is my question) there will need to be an appropriately sized compressor / condenser unit located somewhere (outside) as well as refrigerant and condensate lines running directly from said compressor / condenser to the wall mounted units inside your apartment. I suspect that this is probably much more easily said than done in a city apartment setting or situation, including dealing with assorted building and / or city code issues and the additional electrical wiring component. :shrug:
Yup. Especially in a landmark preserved historic district building.

Also to consider is power constraints.

That said both are not insurmountable as my neighbor downstairs has done this. The hill to climb is deciding info want to jump througj the hoops and want to spend the money for the amount of time the system will be used. As a family we usually have windows open when we can.

I may find this becomes a 2 part solution as the AC units in the bedroom windows need upgrading so the sleeping quarters get tackled first.
Which Mini Split Brand is Best ? - from Mission Air Conditioning

Daikin vs Mitsubishi vs LG vs Fujistu Mini Split Comparison

Good overview of things to consider.

Richard
This is interesting and really highlights one size doesn't fit all with general weather conditions being a big impact. Do you heat or cool more? Do you live in a salty climate? Etc

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have five split air systems in my house, or one in each bedroom and one in a living room. All Are Fitjitsu, but I was told that Mitshibitshi is a better product by every company that installs them. They cost about 10 percent more per unit, but I think they are worth it. The Mitshibitshi are bigger duct systems on the interior wall and would not fit in a couple of my rooms over the window, so I had to go with Fitjitsu that have been working good for over 10 years. Actually, three are 10 years old and two of them are one year old.

A year ago when we bought new air conditioning units, I learned that the new units are 220 volt variable speed motors that are very energy efficient. They use half the energy of a window unit and a lot less than the old 110 volt split systems. So they cost more, but pay for themselves in a few years with the energy savings.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The systems with one compressor for two or three units are not as energy efficient. Also, some states like Hawaii will give a tax credit for buying energy efficient products. We got a $200 dollar check for each unit. If you buy one compressor and three units, Hawaii considers that one unit. So in the long run with better energy efficiency and tax credits, three compressor units were cheaper.